Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Dizzy
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:17 am 

When Dizzy was released i player her until i reached lvl 12 and some games after that. Then they nerfed golden g necklace which was the reason i was succesfull with Dizzy. Now after some time ive been trying to relearn how to play her but i have hard time landing clones without the old necklace.

Any tips how to play Dizzy nowadays?

Post subject: Re: Dizzy
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:07 pm 

I told you on Discord that I never used G Necklace, but that's because I have a specific aversion to any upgrade that isn't fun to play against.

Anyways:
GuyBrush wrote:
I've stated my opinion on Dizzy in the balance thread, as well as the build I run.
GuyBrush wrote:
Right now there seem to be two upgrades that shape the entirety of what kind of Dizzy you will play. One one hand there's "Ribbit Ribbit Real Good" (IE "Green CD") for constant dash spam in combat and abuse of upgrades like Fan Mail and Graffiti Artist, and backstage pass Dizzy for a single long-range dash and abuse of Band-aid giving you another free insanity dash and boots making you a master escape artist.

I can't help but feel that you need a mobility upgrade on Dizzy, either in Green CD or Backstage Pass. Dizzy's biggest asset is her mobility; I don't know why you wouldn't upgrade it.

My build really hasn't changed from this. Fake Bandaid is usually my third Clone upgrade, though new G Necklace isn't that bad. And if I somehow can live without 50% Dash shield, Fan Mail is insanely powerful. Bubble Gun? It's literally just personal preference, though I wouldn't recommend Concrete Wall without Green CD. And utility you almost always want Pills and Shoes with your third being a choice based on who you're against.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:18 pm 

StarDasher wrote:
When Dizzy was released i player her until i reached lvl 12 and some games after that. Then they nerfed golden g necklace which was the reason i was succesfull with Dizzy. Now after some time ive been trying to relearn how to play her but i have hard time landing clones without the old necklace.

Any tips how to play Dizzy nowadays?

The biggest problem with Dizzy is that she simply doesn't deal ANY damage. Even when fully maxed out I feel like I'm simply tickling my enemies, they regenerate all the damage they took in a matter of seconds, then they kill me while my abilities are down.
Dizzy needs her movement changed as well. Whenever I move it feels like I'm sliding on ice which to be honest makes her not fun to play and impossible to change direction quickly with.
She's even worst than Yoolip right now IMO.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:00 pm 

Rush dash dmg and graffiti artist. All of your damage is in your dash+aa combos. You can cancel your AA with dash and the 2 will overlap and hit at the same time, you should use that to try and 1vs1 people. If other people turn up just throw down clone and dash away. Use clone primarily to push and split up the team. Once you get +AoE clone you can go chasing down kills, but you need to either harrass them down first or wait until your teamates chip them down.

You can also consider using clone like a gridtrap, trying to predict bouncer paths and dropdowns or bait them with low HP; and try to burst them down with dash after you've guarenteed clone will land, or just use it as poke against teams trying to swap lanes fast. This is better with G necklace, but you lose the dash regen upgrade for it.

I would advise dashing into multiple people without the shield dash, the risk vs reward of that isn't in your favour anymore, your more likely to die than get a kill due to lost reliability on clone. Previously you might be able to guarentee the kill on Rae, now your unlikely to get it and will die to snipe, at least until you get the shield which makes it somewhat safer. It's still ok to go really agressive and dash>clone in tight spaces since it will be still hard to dodge clone with the AoE upgrade. However in open spaces, I wouldn't try it vs multiple people, but you can try it on a single person if you have a good read on how they will try to dodge clone or if there is nothing to lose by trying (ie thier skills are on CD).

For builds, dash row is always dmg/shield/walkbot pro, clone row is AoE/Dmg/X where X is not knockback and AA is graffitti artist/concrete wall/dmg and utility is pills/regen/X, X is not boots (turning speed makes boots a downgrade). Dash dmg, graffiti artist, +AoE clone, walkbot pro and at least 1 rank of regen are your highest prioritys, after that everything except AA upgrades are good, leave the AA for last. The only thing you could try would be the AA mines which can be situationally decent vs low sustain nauts on starstorm/aig/ribbit, but they fall off really fast because your AA scaling is trash, they're only good as an earlygame rush.

┌ᾮ┘ wrote:
Very good changes to Max, you've taken modest compromise approach to balance many of his upgrades, which is probably the most reasonable thing to do.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:18 am 

Mostly what tom said; im a doofus so some of his optionals i get all the time cuz reasons.

But really walkbot pro (+ graffiti) has been boss from day 1 tho i wish they would have considered my appeals to its funkiness by changing it to a solid 'sped-up' timer rather than skipping numbers at the invisible barrier

Also they lowered the cooldown on her dash recently so that also improves the 'spam all your dashes straight down with hops' thingy (with aa's in-between)