Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: General LUX Advice
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:33 pm 

FishmanDerp wrote:
The situational +15% dmg of triple missile is really, really bad compared to most other options on the row. I'd swap that out.

This ^^

+ once you have danger pins and some aa it's really important you start getting utilities like pills and bkm (and regen if you haven't piggyed or don't feel like bkm is necessary)

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:38 pm 

How's the fourth missile and shield?

Also, can someone explain to me in practical terms why Micey is good? It only seems like it'd be useful if you put yourself in a bad spot.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:43 am 

it breaks up fights, lets you put people in an easier spot to charge them, cancels things like tornado or snipe and people's momentum. You can start missliling in a spot that baits yoolip's gripping gaze, micey procs to cancel the stun. in general it just lets you be twice as aggressive because you have twice the disengagement and more utility. cancels psyonic bond if you get it done before the swap. can be used to cancel swiggin's anchor dives. in general it actually screws up a lot of lux's counters and just raises his skill ceiling.

also absolutely owns clunk/scoop when he tries to explode/bindings on you. just quickly proc and cancel missiles when you see the animation

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:06 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
How's the fourth missile and shield?

Also, can someone explain to me in practical terms why Micey is good? It only seems like it'd be useful if you put yourself in a bad spot.

Fourth missile damage isn't very good imo, but it doesn't hurt to give it a try. I'd only pick it up after getting regular missile damage and something else first. It's a bit situational, as you're not always going to want to fire off all four missiles. For example, missiles are great when used as a supplement to your AA. If you're really on top of your opponent, you can fire off two/three missiles after your second AA animation begins and still follow up with the final rattle wave (which can still hit even with micey knockback, but it's ping dependant).

You can't go wrong at all with shield on missiles. It's a 40% shield you can activate immediately and cancel at any time. Pretty strong. Consider shield on AA too. LUX's shields don't stack, but your shield uptime will be very high while brawling.

Micey knockback is super cool for all the reasons Mr. Pillow stated. You could potentially screw up some kills as with all knockbacks, but the number of new options the upgrade grants you make it a great pick if you use it in the right places. It doesn't cost much solar either.

Edit: Also I think boots are a good pick on LUX as well. They really help you stay on top of most of the cast.

Last edited by Trog on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:41 pm 

Does Micey proc if you cancel Missiles with Dash?

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:56 pm 

Xelrog wrote:

It does, but it can bug out like hell, especially if you do missiles>dash cancel really quickly. I don't play much jimmy so idk the specifics.

┌ᾮ┘ wrote:
Very good changes to Max, you've taken modest compromise approach to balance many of his upgrades, which is probably the most reasonable thing to do.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:35 pm 

Xelrog wrote:

im pretty sure, idr off hand but you can also just hit the missiles button again to cancel

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:02 am 

missiles are really good at close range because you can cancel them between the 3rd and 4th missiles to aa and the missile still goes off.

So, aa -> missiles -> aa -> dash is his most damaging combo.

Shield on missiles is really really good if their team has few ways to interrupt your missiles.

Flaming stroller isn't that cost-efficient now that it's not horrifically bugged.

In general, just kill droids the entire game and you'll win. This is how awesomenauts works.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:38 pm 

General LUX advice from my experience is consider whether or not the stage/enemy comp is easy to gank. If your on Ribbit, SS, Aiguilon against fatties, build into brawling builds while in open situations like sorona where charge is difficult to use to separate someone from their team, I've usually found that building missiles and stalling it out really helps. Just get danger pins early and pick off who you can. Otherwise, poking isn't too bad an idea.

I'm still fairly new to LUX though :shrug:

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:

Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest