Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Genji tactics anyone?
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:22 pm 

Ok I haven't played Genji since before Overdrive. Does anybody have build suggestions, mandatory upgrades, or special playstyles to offer? Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Genji tactics anyone?
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:45 pm 

you're gonna get a lot of suggestions for aa genji, and yes, while this is good for solo queue, i'mma give you a build i use that works most of the time!

it involves picking up both cocoon and monarch blessing first thing. when i use this build, i like to mitigate his low horizontal mobility by piggying into boots just because i know i wont need regen AND health or anything like that.

you should start by buying healing blessing, both stages, then work in a bit of aa damage with storm drum for mid-game farming. yes, its better to farm early, but with you constantly healing your team you can spend a it more time focusing on getting your much needed solar. (hopefully with you healing your team they've been getting kills by this point too!)

after that, get jagra eggs for self heal on cocoon, and maybe butterfly nebulae dust for slowing your enemies for easier ally kills.

next, grab speedup. it'll help your team chase and keep kills!
after that, really you should be owning the field. if not, try getting some more aa reliability in damage.

this is just how i play genji, im not a l1 or anything but hey, this build works for how i play. hope it helps at least a lil!
(if you just wanna get kills, build aa then cocoon then blessing later i guess lmao its pretty easy but i have no tips since i hardly play aa genji anymore)

blah. i like these guys ---> :think: :worship: :huh: :party: :facepalm: :tongue: :ayla: :chucho:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:12 am 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =735245932

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post subject: Genji tactics anyone
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:50 am 

Bump for activity. Is there anyone out there that is actually using teamspeak while playing this game?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:35 am 

AndressoureMM wrote:
Bump for activity. Is there anyone out there that is actually using teamspeak while playing this game?

Everybody that I know uses an app called "discord" it's much better than teamspeak in my opinion

I prefer it when my friends who play genj go with bird droid very early. Moon nectar is wonderful too. Storm drum, range, and DOT is a powerful AA but should be reserved for mid game. Buy shield every start. Other than that I really like the speed upgrade on the shield too.

AN silver tier backer - over 1k hours played
Down to team

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:44 am 

First time long time. Figured this would be a good time as any to jump into the forums. The space butterfly is one of my favs

Since I have no friends and I usually solo q, I find genji to be lots of fun because of they're versatility. Genji can be built to satisfy many areas in which your team might be lacking: cc, healing, and push.

Before getting into specifics, I must say, and this applies to all nauts tbh, team composition is key when thinking about genji at the character selection screen. Only pick when it fits the team comp, otherwise genji is a liability and defeat is inevitable (against experienced opponents). Like the other support characters, genji works best with dmg dealers/fighters.

Another critical area when building genji, as is with all other nauts, is being able to recognize the strengths/weakness of your team, and developing your build strategy and build order accordingly. Build order is vital to successfully using genji. Going into any particular match up with a specific build in mind is a mistake, as is with all other nauts, but especially with genji, and will more often than not, cost your team the game. Be flexible on your build strategies. Team comps and map will play a huge role in determining not only which upgrades to get, but, perhaps more importantly, when to get them.

Without getting into build order, as that's highly situational, here are some of my fav upgrades:

The Last Pieridae Transformae- Awesome upgrade for push. Can allow for a bit of split push, with relatively little effort/risk. Great way to farm solar (early game). Can help stall an enemy teams onslaught if your team needs a few mins to farm up. Really only effective early game. Late game, it has very little effect, and thus can be seen as a liability. Should only be picked early game, and only if ur team has zero push/needs xtra time to farm during early game. Probably a liability in any other situation.

Prefab Cocoons- Can also be used for Xtra push, but more designed to punish enemy comps that want to stay together (voltar comps is a good example). It can cause the enemy to disperse, and thus forfeit any advantage they have by staying together, or punish them if they choose to stay tight. I like getting this upgrade against voltar, swiggins, derpl, etc. PUNISH THEM FOR STAYING TIGHT!!

Wool Shawl- Great upgrade for aa in certain situations. Can neuter some nauts altogether. Skoldir comes to mind. I almost always grab this upgrade against an enemy skol. He can't get anywhere near you. Very powerful. I'm expecting a Nerf tbh, it's that good. 40%!!!!

Space-Hippo Manure Insense- almost always a mandatory upgrade, unless your team already has alot of DOT (gnaw). It may seem like a trivial amount of dot, but it is often the difference in your team securing the lol or not.

Caterpillar King Statue- probably one of the most over looked upgrades for genji, and one of my favs. It's not really meant to "restore" health, but more for "sustain" during team fights. And for that, it's great. Only use when a) you have at least one dmg dealer/fighter on your team, and b) the enemy team has very little to no burst dmg. This upgrade is pretty much useless against enemy teams with more than one source of burst dmg. But otherwise, it can give your team a great advantage when everyone if just trying to aa eachother to death. Again, useless against comps with more than one source of burst.

Gettin Out Da Hood & The Cat Pillar- pretty much mandatory. I struggle to think of a situation where these upgrades would not be useful. The change in health and speed are just too important in team fights, to not pick these.

Other notable upgrades include Hidden Leaves, Storm Drum, Prayer Beads, and Spiritual Cooking. Important thing to remember however, there is no one correct way to build genji. Versatility is his greatest strength.

Hope this give a little insight for those unfamiliar with Genji. For those that know more than me, let me know what I missed/got wrong. Always looking to get better. BTW and fwiw, shout out to Guymelef. They're Genji play is what got me excited about this character in the first place. Very solid genji. Take notes if you run across in a pub match or something.

Little bout myself (for context):
-League 3-4 bully/nub (L2 if I try and/or playing with a team, but I soloq 99% of the time)
-Games played/hours logged: too many to be so bad (over 3k games easily..hours???)
-Win rate avg in low 50s <----gitgood kid :(

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:56 am 
Adminaut

Mr. Pillow's guide is a tad outdated but still an excellent resource as a lot of the meta items are still meta.

Character Hitbox Thread (Rocket added)