Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Impossible to hit flying targets with Ksenia
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:38 pm 

It's been a while since I didn't play her, and last game I was against Skolldir, Vinnie and Max Focus.

Against Skolldir I couldn't do much with my AA because of his punch - it's ok, it was to be expected.

However, against Vinnie and Max, I couldn't hit any of them. The hit wouldn't register even though I was clearly in AA range. Is anyone else experiencing the same issues ? Could lag be the cause of it ? We were playing at around 100 ms ping though.

Did anything change with Ksenia ? I remember that I was able to AA Vinnie easily in the past

Post subject: Re: Impossible to hit flying targets with Ksenia
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:02 pm 

It's an unfortunate side effect of how the fix to aa cancelling was implemented. The fix made it so that if you interrupted an aa with a scissor before the aa did damage the aa would do no damage.

To make this actually have any impact the timing of when ksenia's aa does damage was delayed slightly. her atk speed is the same it's just the delay between the player left clicking and ksenia's aa doing damage was increased. The moment of damage is also the moment where the hit detection is calculated.

So this means you have to use Ksenia's aa with a bit more foresight than before. For perspective her aa still isn't that delayed compared to other nauts - it's about half way between leon and swiggins (melee) iirc.

The only thing I would add to this is that Ronimo should sync the sound effects with the damage since the desync makes it quite hard to get your head around.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:21 pm 

"Tactics"
Ping lies like zork thanks to HMS, dude. I've played against Raelynns who hit me through walls who had "100 ms".

They were lagging. Or you were. Regardless it's not an issue with Ksenia.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: #BuffBoiCow
:think: :sleep: :voltarroll: :CocoWink: (MaxEmote) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:11 pm 

eddster27 wrote:
So this means you have to use Ksenia's aa with a bit more foresight than before. For perspective her aa still isn't that delayed compared to other nauts - it's about half way between leon and swiggins (melee) iirc.

and yet the only nauts that have to really deal with this aa lockout issue are skoll and ksenia.

If you buy slow scissors it's a much easier matchup, you can outjump them without having them be able to run away horizontally.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:31 pm 

What is auto-attack canceling?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:42 am 

Maybematdamon wrote:
What is auto-attack canceling?
A Technique discovered about a month after Ksenia was released for putting out Ksenia's dmg output much faster.

You start your standard attack (auto attack/aa) then you immediately throw a scissor. The aa still goes through but the animation for it is entirely hidden by the scissor throw animation instead. This method also builds up the aa combo so you could combine it with fury blowout and bobcat making the combo of:

aa -> bobcat scissor -> aa -> scissor -> aa -> bobcat scissor -> scissor -> scissor

It would happen about as fast as throwing 6 scissors but it had a full aa combo concealed by the scissor animations.

There were numerous accusations towards players using this stating that they were cheating. In reality they just didn't understand where all the extra damage was coming from (which is fair enough, even in slow-mo it was hard to determine since it was so fast).

Numerous fixes were attempted, none of which were implemented in a satisfying way in my opinion. The current solution in the live game still allows you to aa cancel, however you can't do it as fast as you used to be able to. If you cancel an aa with a scissor before the aa does damage, the aa will be negated. So you have to wait a fraction of a second to properly build the combo while using scissors.

However this lead to this happening:

potterman28wxcv wrote:
It's been a while since I didn't play her, and last game I was against Skolldir, Vinnie and Max Focus.

Against Skolldir I couldn't do much with my AA because of his punch - it's ok, it was to be expected.

However, against Vinnie and Max, I couldn't hit any of them. The hit wouldn't register even though I was clearly in AA range. Is anyone else experiencing the same issues ? Could lag be the cause of it ? We were playing at around 100 ms ping though.

Did anything change with Ksenia ? I remember that I was able to AA Vinnie easily in the past

eddster27 wrote:
It's an unfortunate side effect of how the fix to aa cancelling was implemented. The fix made it so that if you interrupted an aa with a scissor before the aa did damage the aa would do no damage.

To make this actually have any impact the timing of when ksenia's aa does damage was delayed slightly. her atk speed is the same it's just the delay between the player left clicking and ksenia's aa doing damage was increased. The moment of damage is also the moment where the hit detection is calculated.

The only thing I would add to this is that Ronimo should sync the sound effects with the damage since the desync makes it quite hard to get your head around.

History lesson done :ksenia:

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:44 pm 

Many thanks 8) :ksenia: :ksenia: :ksenia: