Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Viable AA 'Nauts?
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:52 am 

FishmanDerp wrote:
Morrowsaw wrote:
AA Nibbs exists, but that's only for hipsters like myself. One of the highest DPS's (With boot DoT anyway) in the game along with constant 30% slows can lock down nauts. Plus Nibbs is faster then ever before due to range now increasing the velocity of orb.

Oh wait nobody likes AA Nibbs

The issue is it's really not that much DPS for what's a melee-range AA with a Frenzy mechanic on one of the slowest, squishiest characters in the game, even/especially when built into. The utilities such as bugged CDR, regen and even slow are just better. I'd prefer Skrogchu + utilities or triple utility to anything with DPS items although Dun Duns has its times to shine.

Like it's goodish DPS and 30% slow helps keep people in it but Leon and Ksenia have better survivability (invuln, invis, silence) and utility (silence, pull, slow) while also rivaling the DPS so you'd be better off trying a gimmick AA build with them to be honest. Nibbs building AA just kind of gets immediately punished for going in that deep. The difference between AA and Firebreath for how deep you go in is Firebreath is dealing way more damage in a short timeframe while shielding the user if opted into or having a range advantage over AA, letting her survive for the brief moment she goes in for her damage. AA you need to commit harder and for longer while having no heavy shielding or solid instant damage to back you up.

Not to rag on a fun build (far be it from me to tell people to build to the meta), I just don't think it's actually an effective AA build in practice.

I mean using fire for dps is still a thing in AA Nibbs at least for me. I just use it for a second to deal damage then orb cancel it and chase with my AA. I'm not saying that I'm just AAing people and letting the DPS do the work. Plus Nibbs has alot of safety in escapes with orb physics (There's at least 1-2 extra escapes you can make use of in every single map through orb).

Fire in general has the issue of not being able to do anything without some sort of lockdown or extremely favorable positioning for the Nibbs. I'm just trying to null that by using it for burst in conjunction with orb and finishing with my upgraded AA. It works in practice for the most part. I mean I've at least been more effective then plenty of Nibbs using the standard builds anyway :shady:

PS: Nibbs Orb has an I-frame like any teleport, and with practice it can block alot of things it's not major to the character, but worth noting :shrug:

Last edited by Morrowsaw on Fri May 19, 2017 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:17 am 

AA Nibbs FTW :thumb:

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:21 pm 

Uhh... LUX? :jimmy:

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:41 am 

Sorry but one more in the 'probably not really all that viable' category ... but attack speed frog is pretty fun. Extra credit if you have a good yuri who's on point and in on the plan with flash forward. That's power-washer mode.

Main parts are AA speed, splash AA speed, and AA shottie ... and i guess splash cooldown. Honestly the regen + splash regen + splash cooldown makes the build too, but also adds to the gimmick factor i suppose since uhh less dmg. Tornado row is preference, and AA pierce is swappable if you really want. Utility preference too (tbh i never get frog boots because i can't stand the extra jump height lol).

All that said it takes forever to build without the usual early dash damage and you will be straight-up roadkill to many team comps...

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:40 pm 
Adminaut

@Morrow Even with Orb invuln frame and distance you have a fraction of the survivability of other melee squishies IMO. Silences, invuln rolls and stuns just do wonders for survival and those combined with slows and pulls add loads of utility to a team that an AA Nibbs just doesn't have. Yes Nibbs has slow but all these other AA characters bring slows and more.

Also Flame Breath isn't reliable but it's hardly the most unreliable damage in the world on favourable maps. The amount of threat Fire Breath exerts in cramped maps like Ribbit and Aig is obscene once the items stack up, whether you go for shielding or raw damage. It's just garbage on Sorona but that's Sorona.

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:31 pm 

FishmanDerp wrote:
@Morrow Even with Orb invuln frame and distance you have a fraction of the survivability of other melee squishies IMO. Silences, invuln rolls and stuns just do wonders for survival and those combined with slows and pulls add loads of utility to a team that an AA Nibbs just doesn't have. Yes Nibbs has slow but all these other AA characters bring slows and more.

Also Flame Breath isn't reliable but it's hardly the most unreliable damage in the world on favourable maps. The amount of threat Fire Breath exerts in cramped maps like Ribbit and Aig is obscene once the items stack up, whether you go for shielding or raw damage. It's just garbage on Sorona but that's Sorona.

If we're still on the topic of escapes there is sunscreen which has uses for both attacking and running, and 100% movement speed is very comparible to the escape of the nauts you've been comparing it to. (Having to wait for fire is not an issue due to Orb cancel still triggering sunscreen) and she has both shield on fire and tarot cards for survivability.

Now while it's true that Nibbs doesn't have silence she does have other uses as an AA naut through her kit in general. For example being immune to knockback through fire is nice (And yes fire should still be used for damage whenever possible), and can kill by itself. Orb also does not cancel animations meaning that bursting through orb and AA is as decently damaging combo as many of the combos Leon (Not Ksenia,but she's meant for 1v1's) makes the only difference being that once the chase begins Nibbs has a higher DPS then Leon and she has an easier time closing the gap then Ksenia. I find Nibbs to be a middle ground

But regardless we share different opinions. I understand your perspective,but there's a method to the madness. Yes AA Nibbs like alot of nauts has a hard time dealing with certain enemies, and stuns and silences are as effective on Nibbs as on any other character (Or even more so if you're silenced while attempting to cancel fire with orb). I'm not arguing that it's the new meta (Hell according to Ronimo's incoming balance patches fire was too expensive,but Orb damage and Skull Dundun's weren't), but I'm saying that when built into it can perform as well if not better then characters who fill similar roles in dealing high sustained damage.
Edit: Was making an edit,but it somehow became it's own post...woops :facepalm:

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:22 pm 

Rocco, the god of doing absolutely nothing other than left click DPS. Heck, he basically doesn't even have abilities.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:10 pm 

This has been my Lonestar build for about as long as I can remember. Just dodge and enjoy your solocarry :lolstar:

Add me you big nerd

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:28 pm 

I've done LonestAAr before. He melts turrets.

I'd agree Rocco is the ultimate AA naut.