Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: So, you want to organize an event? Awesome! We can help!
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:06 pm 

Robin wrote:
It has already been more than one and a half year since the AWC, and our policy has changed in the meantime.

Even a tournament that is as polished and well-prepared as the AWC would not be guaranteed to receive Lensflare Cats the first time around right now. I won't rule out that there might be exceptions down the line, though that would be at our discretion.

Lol why was it changed? I honestly don't see a good reason.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:44 am 
Ronimo Team Member

The AWC happened when the competitive community was just starting out (back when there was basically just the first edition of the APL and the AWC). The question to assign the icons to other tournaments didn't really come up at the time, but when it did we decided to reserve it for tournaments that had proven themselves before.

So it's not really like the policy changed along the way, there just wasn't much of a policy until we saw more tournaments come up after the AWC.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:39 am 

Robin wrote:
The AWC happened when the competitive community was just starting out (back when there was basically just the first edition of the APL and the AWC). The question to assign the icons to other tournaments didn't really come up at the time, but when it did we decided to reserve it for tournaments that had proven themselves before.

So it's not really like the policy changed along the way, there just wasn't much of a policy until we saw more tournaments come up after the AWC.

APL already had tournaments which gave away cats a year before AWC though. But I guess AWC was the only other tournament other than APL at that time. Maybe you weren't around at that time? I think you're one of the newer members of Ronimo or am I wrong? I can't really remember you being here when the first two APL tournaments happened. Though this may have also been because you just might not have been active on the forums at the time so I don't know. :lolstar:

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:05 pm 

It's a really nice project!! :thumb:
I want so much create one event. :ayla:
And I hope to count on your help. :glasses: :redcheer: :bluecheer: