Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Awesomenauts Weekly Open Beta Season
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:14 am 

:bluecheer: Awesomenauts Weekly Open Beta Season :redcheer:

Greetings I’m Nemonix
I’ve played a lot of this game back when it first launched and loved watching APL and other events around awesomenauts, I’m also a caster for the SCV rush starcraft 2 tournaments and Currently a host for the Android:Netrunner Online Weekly open. I’m here today to talk to the awesomenaut community about starting a weekly Open to help bring the more competitive side of the game out in the open.

Weekly Open Team
At the moment there is a need to put a team together for a few reasons before this weekly open becomes a real thing. We need staff to help admin and also help me cast the weekly open. There are a few positions that I am advertising here that will be open to apply for via Email.

Email at Nemonix@hotmail.com

Please Entitle your Email as !Staff Opening

Current open staff positions
  • Admin
  • Co-Caster
  • Community manager

Features
AWO will be a weekly league with open format allowing anyone to sign up, It will take place every Friday afternoon at 6pm, there will be a leaderboard and a points system making it possible to track your team’s position from week to week. Each week will be streamed showing a featured match-ups, showing Semi-finals to Finals of each given week,

Format
The format for the event will be Double Elimination, each season will consists of 4 weeks, meaning that there will be 4 events per season. At the end of each season the leading team will be awarded 3 Skins from the steam store (team gets to choice) and a new season will begin the following week.

We will be using http://www.nautsdrafter.com/ Each team will get a pick and ban phase before the match to determine what nauts will be played

Tournament hosting
Every event will be tracked using Challonge.com, this means your team will have to sign up to the events and register 30 mins before the event start time. You will need to elect a team captain, this player is in charge of submitting the winning replay for each match up

Stream
Matches will be streamed from 6pm till finished on the on twitch.tv/nemonix Every
Watching the other teams matches is encouraged to give you more of a competitive edge from week to week

You can sign up to all our events here
Dates and times will be held on the given Tournament sign up page
GL HF!!!!!

Any Questions or anything you think I have missed out please post below

Everything above is Beta and is Subject to Change

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts Weekly Open Beta Season
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:40 pm 

Nemonix wrote:
every Friday afternoon at 6pm

Timezone?

Also some feedback: A Double elim bracket every week is quite substantial and will require a large amount of time from the staff and the players.

Also regarding sign ups - Max number of players? Are Roster edits allowed and if yes how often etc.

I recommend you make a proper rules document detailing everything otherwise you will face issues down the line.

Good to see someone wanting to highlight the competitive scene as always :thumb:

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!