Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Patch 1.1 PS4 is live!
 Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:35 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I'm happy to announce that we will do a first patch for the Assemble in a couple of months.

Through your reports here on the forum in the past two months, we have gathered a list of all bugs and other issues with the PS4 version, thanks for all the help with those reports and providing helpful feedback!

We have discussed the issues with Abstraction and alongside a bunch of bugfixes we will bring the latest new content/balance and the first part of Starstorm content to the PS4, including Ted McPain and Penny Fox.

As soon as we have more details I'll let you know! :monkey:

-------------
16-05

In last few weeks Abstraction has worked hard on merging all the new files with the PS4 build, and so far we haven't encountered any problems and we hope to go into QA in a couple of weeks! :monkey:

-------------
10-06

Everything is set to start QA, just waiting on Sony for some info on the patching process (they have changed some backend stuff, so we need to adjust to the new system), it will probably take some more time due to E3.

-------------
17-06

As for an update on the status, we are still waiting on Sony to reply. They need to provide us with some ID's to be able to upload the build.

-------------
19-06

I just got the ID's from Sony and we have submitted all data and patch to their QA service. QA starts this Sunday, normally it takes between 1-2 weeks to get through. Unless they find any issues we we will be able to release somewhere early July.

-------------
07-07

QA is taking quite some time, we resubmitted last week to FQA when we found a last 'must fix bug'. We don't expect any trouble anymore for this round of QA so with some good luck on Thursday the patch will pass QA and we are ready for launch! :monkey:

-------------
13-07
I got good news and bad news.

Good news: we passed for QA in Europe
Bad news: we did not pass for QA in US

So Sony Europe and America have different QA groups and the way they interpretate the QA rules are different. This is the reason why the same build can get different results. The problem is only one bug, which is more of a bureaucratic issue than a real bug. So we have asked for a waiver for the bug, which means that they leave the bug in and put the version on 'passed' so we can get it to launch next week. These things tend to go really slow and I have no idea how long this will take to get sorted. They either accept the waiver and we launch pretty quickly, or slowly depending on how fast Sony is, or they don't accept the waiver and we have to make another build, resubmit for QA for both territories, which will take another 2 weeks at least. I'm going to do my best to avoid the latter. :shrug:

-----------------------------
latest news 16-07 patch 1.1 is live!

So Sony put everything live, in both territories patch and DLC's! Let me know if there are any problems! :thumb:

Post subject: Re: Patch PS4 on its way!
 Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:38 pm 

:tear: Beautiful

:party: Happy to get feedback...

1.88 KDR
Most kills with: Lonestar, Yuri, Leon

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:55 pm 

Glad to hear a patch is on its way and that the new characters will be included, but...

Fabian wrote:
I'm happy to announce that we will do a first patch for the Assemble in a couple of months.

A couple of months? Assemble came out two months ago and was already behind the latest patch on PC when it did. I have to wonder how many people will still be playing when this new patch comes out. Maybe work with Sony to have Assemble as a Plus freebie that month to bolster the community in conjunction with the new characters/balance?

When the PS4 patch does release, will it be 3-4 balance patches behind the PC again? I don't like being a Debbie Downer/Negative Nancy/Doubting Thomas, but I'm seriously questioning why I bothered spending money on this version. Having to pick between the better accessibility/comfort on the console and the higher quality of balanced gameplay on the PC is a pretty crummy situation.

Last edited by Emu Prime on Thu May 01, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:59 pm 
Adminaut

"Tell your friends!"

Seriously though, this is great. I reckon 'a couple of months' is probably 2-3. ;)

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:43 pm 

I hope it can contain most recent PC balance because it's not good right now

Edit: oh it will contain the latest including penny fox awesome!

Last edited by platelamp on Thu May 01, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:49 pm 

To me this reads like:

"We're not going to patch the PS4 version until we can combine the update with releasing DLC."

I doubt you're going to have much of an audience left in 2-3 months to buy that DLC. Very unfortunate.

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:11 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Emu Prime wrote:
A couple of months? Assemble came out two months ago and was already behind the latest patch on PC when it did. I have to wonder how many people will still be playing when this new patch comes out. Maybe work with Sony to have Assemble as a Plus freebie that month to bolster the community in conjunction with the new characters/balance?

When the PS4 patch does release, will it be 3-4 balance patches behind the PC again? I don't like being a Debbie Downer/Negative Nancy/Doubting Thomas, but I'm seriously questioning why I bothered spending money on this version. Having to pick between the better accessibility/comfort on the console and the higher quality of balanced gameplay on the PC is a pretty crummy situation.

Yeah it takes time to port stuff, get it through certification and getting a slot. That's just how console works. Because we can release stuff earlier on PC means we can do a lot of QA and testing there beforehand which makes a patch release a couple of months work in stead of half a year or longer. ;)

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:22 pm 

Emu Prime wrote:
Glad to hear a patch is on its way and that the new characters will be included, but...

Fabian wrote:

loremipsum wrote:
To me this reads like:

"We're not going to patch the PS4 version until we can combine the update with releasing DLC."

I doubt you're going to have much of an audience left in 2-3 months to buy that DLC. Very unfortunate.

You'll have me and my split screening buddies still playing.

Thank-you guys, this news is so much appreciated and I'm seriously SUPER EXCITED to play Penny Fox, She seems super cool.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Subs: Leon, Voltar, Raelynn, Derpl
Sometimes: Lonestar, Froggy G, Gnaw, Ted McPain, Penny Fox

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:37 pm 

Fabian wrote:
Yeah it takes time to port stuff, get it through certification and getting a slot. That's just how console works. Because we can release stuff earlier on PC means we can do a lot of QA and testing there beforehand which makes a patch release a couple of months work in stead of half a year or longer. ;)

So couple of months < 6. I hope the playerbase can hold out until October! We'll see who's left to feel the wrath of my Ted :shady:

1.88 KDR
Most kills with: Lonestar, Yuri, Leon

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:40 pm 

Did I call it or did I call it?
It takes time and it is a due process yes, but the game should have been up to date on release. Not happy with this announcement at all. Capitalizing off of a lack of games and rushing it out was a bad idea in my opinion.
No other game I have played has taken this long to patch and update on PS4. Very disappointing.

I said it before, I feel noone will be around after that long. It will be a barren wasteland and maybe a few will hop back when Starstorm comes. After this announcement I am even more confident that people will be gone. I was hoping for weeks, not months.

Ronimo we don't necessarily want Ted McPain or Penny right away. We want a game that works and isnt frustrating beyond belief due to things not in our control.

Dropping the ball here I think. At least they showed their faces and gave an ETA.