Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers II

Post subject: New Faction Ideas
 Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:25 pm 

Besides bringing back the Chinese and Aztecs, I think that although it may be a bit early, maybe we should start pumping some ideas into Ronimo's veins about new factions. For example I've had an idea stirring around saying that maybe, just maybe, that their could be an Awesomenauts faction in SASII. Any other cool ideas and maybe feed back on my idea :leoneyes:

My super edgy backstory (Do-nut Steal! :fist:)

God, I've really screwed up haven't I? No hard feelings y'all

Steam

Post subject: Re: New Faction Ideas
 Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:28 pm 

Im just hoping we see some DLC factions down the line if the game does well. I think it will too.

Post subject: Re: New Faction Ideas
 Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:56 pm 

First of all let me say that I do not own a WiiU and therefore I'm eagerly awaiting any kind of confirmation or announcement of the PC version, as I loved the original. That means my spectations might be completely wrong.

Now about the factions:

Well, concerning bringing back the Chnese, I definitely agree with that, although they would need to be changed a bit in order do differ from the others mechanically.

Aztecs, however, while being my favourite faction, were in my opinion kind of completely outclassed by Demons. They both have the same characteristics, so I don't think an Aztec faction would even be possible now (unless we want them to have some random, unfitting mechanics, then it would be probably possible - but honestly, who would want that?).

And Awesomenauts... I don't want to sound rude, but I think they do not fit the game at all. I'd say the games should stay separate, as their themes wouldn't really mix together very well...

Example:
Awesomenauts sheep were funny, but they were completely out of place - making a good joke, but wouldn't work as a feature - and I still think that it would make much more sense if they were in Awesomenauts, as it is sci-fi, which has less strict "rules" (you can just make up a planet with sheep and it would still be natural), than the other way in historian/fantasy setting of the SaS2 (Demons are completely fine and fitting, but imagine the Awesomenauts. They fell from the sky. / They were created by magic. - both sound kind of forced).

Personally, I would love to see a mythology and faith based Greek faction (maybe working with a new kind of resource).

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh, let me know if the "critique" was too much.

Ernest - The Clockwork Gentleman

Nepro Inc.
Killing every single discussion since 2013