Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Ezaelia Forest alpha (New Level Tour!)
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:01 pm 

I had that same question as well and got this response from Joost explaining.
He also links a download for the folders with the original maps (Without paintings) in there as well.

Post subject: Re: Ezaelia Forest alpha (New Level Tour!)
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:35 pm 

RoachCake wrote:
I had that same question as well and got this response from Joost explaining.
He also links a download for the folders with the original maps (Without paintings) in there as well.

Nice! Those will be handy for my research before I start adding textures, I just wish that switching between a test map and one I'm working on was faster but I can't complain that hard.

Progress will be slow in the middle of the week because of school but I'm having a really good time with the level editor so far. It's even more fun than playing the game at the moment, haha. By the way does anyone know what consequences there are (if any) of adding a massive amount of AI nodes to the map? will that end up confusing the AI instead of helping it? Will it affect framerate?

Post subject: Re: Ezaelia Forest (alpha v2.5)
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:38 am 

The map is in a pretty good spot right now, if you haven't played it recently I recommend you do so because there's a lot different. I have 2 custom textures added so far, and map balance and texturing will continue as usual. I'd like feedback on the late game specifically, how does it feel to push back turrets and base? Also please share the map with people you think might enjoy it, if I'm not mistaken it's the least subscribed map out of all the entries at this moment. You're all beautiful, thank you! :rae:

Post subject: Re: Ezaelia Forest (alpha v2.5)
 Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:59 am 

That statue looks familiar...

Post subject: Re: Ezaelia Forest (v3.3)
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:36 am 

Happy little clouds. The one in the middle looks like a croissant. :drool:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:56 am 

really like the style of the clouds (and the ground texture above but for some reason it makes me think of cheese with it there by itself >.>)

Did you draw the textures yourself? i think they should blend well with AN's art style

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:48 am 

stev wrote:
really like the style of the clouds (and the ground texture above but for some reason it makes me think of cheese with it there by itself >.>)

Did you draw the textures yourself? i think they should blend well with AN's art style

I'm not too fond of the ground myself. No shame in scrapping it and starting over! And yes I did draw these all myself, and the same will be true of most of the level art that comes out over the coming months. Things like the base art doesn't need to be changed though so I just use Ronimo's textures for that stuff.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:39 am 

re: the ground

i like the top 'layer' a lot tho maybe more brown/earthy
the sense of depth the rocks add to the 'side' of the ground is really nice considering its a flat texture

hopefully your forest contains some mushies because i havent found any good ones in the base textures :(
need a Pulvan (entin moon) map with raving caterpillars map gimmick

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:16 am 

Since Ronimo didn't make these available, I lifehacked the bejesus out of these base textures today, and now you can use them to make your maps look better. Enjoy! :ayla: