Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Practice Mode Bot Woes
 Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:42 pm 

Hello,

I have been enjoying this game greatly ever since it came out on Xbox Live.

However, the difficulty of the bots in practice mode/private match mode has sorta put me off from the game.

I'll be honest, I'm kinda afraid of trying to play with other people, and would like to keep playing with bots for now, but the drastic increase in difficulty has put a damper on my fun. It's kinda demoralizing, honestly, with how often the bots steamroll me now.

If it is at all possible, could there be an option to change the bot difficulty, and, possibly, even choose the bots' characters? It would make the game a bit more friendly to those who are not used to these kinds of games, and would still give skilled players an option to be challenged.

Thank you for this amazing game, and I hope you consider my suggestion. :)

Post subject: Re: Practice Mode Bot Woes
 Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:08 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

We've gotten the request before to make the bot level adjustable and it's a great idea. Not sure if we can fit it in the next patch, but it's definitely something we'll look into.

As for now, the only thing I can think of is to throw away your save game. It's extremely clumsy and you'll loose your account level, but that's the only way you can reduce the bot level right now. And even then it's only for the practice mode, in the online modes they'll always be maximum difficulty.

You could also ask some forum members to help you out. Maybe get into some private matches with them. If you're on Xbox you could also add me, I'm nog1potje.

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:12 pm 

Yeah, I'm all for adjustable bot levels, but I'd say practicing with live people, such as Jasper and I(byZach on XBL), would improve you rather than adjust you, if you get what I'm saying.

Awesomenauts Guitar Covers

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:13 pm 

To be honest the bots can be harder than most actual players because of their accuracy, the a.i isnt perfect but they have a few tricks up their sleeves, plus its hard to cooperate with the bots from your team sometimes if your alone.
Dont forget that the game is new and that there are alot of new players, dont be afraid to try out online against other players, you will learn alot more. The community is pretty friendly from my personnal experience, you wont find alot of ppl bashing on others because their team is losing or anything.

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:31 pm 

I found Clunk bots especially to be horrifying. Out of curiosity, are bots affected by Lonestars dynamite blindness effect? I would think it would be hard to program (maybe by not making them target anyone outside their hampered visual range?).

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:34 pm 

nah blind doesnt work on bots, they track you easily when you stealth as leon too, they're just that awesome :P

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:01 am 

Hey there if your on Xbox send me a friend request havoc8877 I'll happily play some games with you, so you aren't playing with randoms that don't communicate :)