Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Anger Management Thread - Post your frustrating moments
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:35 pm 

Threads like this one exist in other forums and they're usually pretty good for getting rid of your frustration about a bad match or bad random team mates.

So if you had any bad or frustrating moments in Awesomenauts, feel free to post them here. Share your pain with us :monkey:

Please note, this thread is only for sharing frustrating moments. It's not for balance discussion, bug reporting or technical problems.

Alright, let me start of with my recent frustrating moment. I clicked "Quick Match", because none of my friends are online and therefore I don't need a lobby or anything. Luckily I join a match which was right about to start. We have leon and froggy in our team and since I'm still in the process of learning all the characters, I click random (I'm also itchy about the random bonus points at the end :3) and I get voltar.

I'm fine with that, cause I haven't played him since beta. The first 5-10 minutes worked pretty good for us, I went for healing drone, + heal, + longivity and then improved my main heal. We played Sorona (with the worm) and we managed to take down both lane towers pretty quick. We stuck together a lot and my healing drone + some creeps + froggy stun and leon tongue made our team a pretty uncomfortable combination for the other team. They tried attacking with their leon, lonestar and clunk, but never really managed to do anything big, so we never really had to retreat.

It went pretty well for us, to well if you would've asked the other team, cause 2 of them rage quitted after we engaged the last tower and killed nearly the entire team. And that's were the tables turned. Suddendly two players joined with a clan tag, so they knew each other. I thought to myself: "fine let them know each other, if our team sticks together and plays the same way we did the first 10 minutes, then this match is easily won.".

Well yeah f*ck that, cause suddendly my teammates decided that sticking together isn't cool anymore and they randomly tried to kill the other team solo. That lead to them getting killed a lot, to the other team getting more and more solar and therefore more dangerous.

The other team started to team up and at the end we lost, even though we only had to yell at the last tower once for it to collapse. I tried telling them to stick together and to do teamwork again, just like we started, but they just didn't listen to me.

So yeah, that was my recent frustrating moment. And while writing this, I already calmed down and I'm ready for a new round :mrgreen:. So let me know your frustrating moments, don't be ashamed to let off some steam here, it really helps calming down :)

See ya online.

Post subject: Re: Anger Management Thread - Post your frustrating moments
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:24 pm 

Can I spread my inconvenience for not having a official PC demo?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:28 pm 

Nope sorry, I'm interested in gaming moments.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:31 pm 

Stuffinator wrote:

Once I get my hands on the game , I'll be sure to , Stuffy. Can I call you Stuffy?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:50 pm 

Last night I was playing as Coco and the enemy had made it to our base but we fended them off. I then managed to eventually start solo-ing their base with a few droids, and managed to get their base down to 60% I think before they killed me. Before I died I saw a super-droid coming out from behind the drill core, and as I was sitting waiting to respawn I saw our last remaining turret fall, with at least two enemies heading towards our base.

My teammates consisted of a Leon and someone else, I can't remember who, only I knew he wasn't going to be good at defending his base by himself. So it went down like this:

Coco: Defend.

Leon: (halfway across the map from base) Attack!

Coco: Defend!

Leon: (75% of the way to the enemy base) Attack!

Coco: DEFEND!

Leon: (90% of the way to the enemy base) Attack!

Yeah ... our base fell before Leon even touched the enemy base. I don't care if you think you can solo the base (it wasn't a clone-build Leon), having two enemy 'nauts and two super-droids in our base = fail. I facepalmed pretty hard before messaging the guy saying "I SAID DEFEND!"

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:33 pm 

xSentaru wrote:
Stuffinator wrote:

Once I get my hands on the game , I'll be sure to , Stuffy. Can I call you Stuffy?

sure thing, call me whatever you like :lol:

@islan
Oh yes, I totally feel your pain, I had that moment too at some point. Either those guys are stupid or they just don't know how to correctly read the map and analyze the situation. Attack is the best defense right? Well no, not if you don't have any defense at all. :roll:

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:54 pm 

I haven't been frustrated once yet but this guy clearly was.

Okay there was a time when I got eaten by the worm twice when it was triggered by human teammates... That thing is a lot more scarier when you've got friendlies around.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:47 pm 

Oh, and EVERY time a Lonestar player sees a weakened, surrounded enemy about to die and an electron fires in his brain, saying "Oh, I know the perfect response to this situation! BULL RUSH!"

NoNoNoNoNOOOOOOOO!
:evil:
Seriously though, I see that far too often.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:50 pm 

oh shiesta, you can chat in PC version? I may just have to buy it...

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:46 pm 

I was paired with bots while the other team had a full roster. No one came. :(