Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Is Not Terrible
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:39 am 

You ruined the game you stupid *

Pls fix it soon!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:43 am 

rybakowsky wrote:
Xelrog wrote:
I've had okay matches since the last hotfix.

Me 2

Me 3

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:04 pm 

Hero wrote:
I have played this game for over 1.6k hours (most should recognise the username)

Who are you again?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:21 pm 

rybakowsky wrote:
Xelrog wrote:
I've had okay matches since the last hotfix.

Me 2

Okay I'm reverting my words

This match was the worst * ever. My team couldn't understand that we need to push top and my rocco didn't knew how to jump gg.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:36 pm 

rybakowsky wrote:
-snip-

Lol @ your misfortune. I had a 0/10 on my team last night vs a Clunk/Voltar comp. Wasn't fun, but we but up a damn good fight anyway.

But are you blaming matchmaking? Cause those ranks are pretty even for each team.
Now, the disparity between you and Lonestar vs the rest of the players is pretty huge. I don't like when that happens. But it still is an even fight, on paper at least.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:23 am 

MajorPsych2 wrote:
But are you blaming matchmaking? Cause those ranks are pretty even for each team.
Now, the disparity between you and Lonestar vs the rest of the players is pretty huge. I don't like when that happens. But it still is an even fight, on paper at least.

For the whole like 2 weeks I was getting really good matchups with only few L3 players from time to time. There is no fun in babysitting 2 teammates.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:24 pm 

MajorPsych2 wrote:
rybakowsky wrote:
-snip-

Lol @ your misfortune. I had a 0/10 on my team last night vs a Clunk/Voltar comp. Wasn't fun, but we but up a damn good fight anyway.

You're right, on paper it's amazingly balanced; the matchmaker got it within' an average team rating of 53, which is astoundingly good. The MATCHMAKER does it's job, but the ratings themselves are incorrect; it doesn't assess skill well whatsoever, thus the terrible matchups. Additionally, it shouldn't use average rating but rather deviation as a stronger scalar basis instead (i.e. L3s with L3s, so the rating gap won't be 2000+) and then averages below that, so they weigh less on the system.

rybakowsky wrote:
For the whole like 2 weeks I was getting really good matchups with only few L3 players from time to time. There is no fun in babysitting 2 teammates.

The other day I got a teammate who said it was his first game EVER; I have 2.3k hours. I can sympathize, this is a ridiculous issue. It's really no fun to babysit or stomp on new players, for either party.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:35 pm 

Yesterday I had a match with ratings 1600 1550 1550 against 1400 1400 and 1500 (around). All the members on my team had far lower rating than even the worst member on the other team. The chance of winning that kind of game is negative zero. W.T.F.?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:37 pm 

Nekomian wrote:
The MATCHMAKER does it's job, but the ratings themselves are incorrect; it doesn't assess skill well whatsoever, thus the terrible matchups.

This. I feel devs could benefit from the insights of some of the veterans around here, in this regard. L2 could be separated into at least 3 different tiers of "skill" level as it stands right now, imo.

Side-note/rant/wall of text:
Or perhaps we could realize that the main reasons for poor matchmaking is low player base and our impatience. Not necessarily the Matchmaker itself. The Matchmaker is doing pretty good in spite of these things. It could do better, I agree, but it's still not bad considering the circumstances. Poor match ups would be slim to none, if the player pool was bigger, and they was a larger representation of the various skill levels at any given time. Perfect world right? Still wouldn't be an issue if we, the players, were a tad bit more patient, actually comprehended the fact of what a lower player base means and what it's affects are, and didn't * and complain about 4/5 mins que times. I'm not saying they're aren't legitimate concerns to be had about the match making, or other aspects of the game in general (still trying to wrap my head around the whole Ted "thing"), but come on. At some point you gotta get over it and get on with your life The constant * and moaning about "poor teammates" is really getting annoying. Stfu already and get on with it... You're not the only ones who get stuck with poor teammates. Stop complaining like a bunch of little * all the time. Same people over and over again.... "My teammates this... My teammates that...". Stop it already. We get it. Everybody sucks at this game except for you and your friends. Congrats. I know it's not being used in a literal sense around here, but I think some people here don't understand what the word "professional" actually means. "Pro" nauts player? Haha, really?? K dude. Moreover, do you understand just how gosh darned transparent you are when it's "always" somebody elses fault?

K rant over. Sry for highjacking thread. Carry on, tell me I'm an idiot etc etc I proly deserve it.
Fwiw, I'm not referring to anyone in this thread, or these types of threads in general.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:39 pm 

DeezNauts wrote:
Yesterday I had a match with ratings 1600 1550 1550 against 1400 1400 and 1500 (around). All the members on my team had far lower rating than even the worst member on the other team. The chance of winning that kind of game is negative zero. W.T.F.?

I love how nobody is even surprised that this happened. :clap: