Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Make a draft mode already
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:13 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
No one is under any obligation to read anything you write, nor are you under any obligation to read anything they write. If you're the one trying to make a point, and to make change happen, then it's on you to present the information in a way that's going to accomplish that. If you fail to maintain interest, then you have failed in your campaign to invoke change, and that's all on you.

You aren't obligated to comment either. But if you do it generally helps to read the contents of what you are responding to. If someone calls you out on it. Don't blame them for your inadequacies.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:23 pm 

If you are in league 1 or league 2 you should be in a seperate queue that has drafting enabled

Then fix league 2 having the population of china

League 3+ have the same casual picking as we do now

Competitive drafting in league 1+2 and a leaderboards overhaul would give people a lot of reason to play this game

Drafting is ok if we have this imo.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:27 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
No one is under any obligation to read anything you write, nor are you under any obligation to read anything they write. If you're the one trying to make a point, and to make change happen, then it's on you to present the information in a way that's going to accomplish that. If you fail to maintain interest, then you have failed in your campaign to invoke change, and that's all on you.

If you are not reading the full post you shouldn't respond to it.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:30 pm 

rybakowsky wrote:
If you are not reading the full post you shouldn't respond to it.

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:19 pm 

I could say nothing. Or I could be a nice guy and tell you why I didn't read it, since if I'm not bothered, that invariably means other people aren't either, and if you went through the trouble of typing it you probably want it to be read. Here I'm investing my time in trying to help you communicate what you want to communicate, but if you'd prefer I can just leave your post to obscurity, and leave you in the dark wondering why people aren't reading it.

Do what you like, think what you like. I will continue to unabashedly not read posts that fail to hold my interest and be as vocal as I please about it. I'll also recommend that you folks take some rhetoric classes to better understand the responsibility of the arguer in delivering an argument. :CocoWink:

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:23 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
I could say nothing. Or I could be a nice guy and tell you why I didn't read it, since if I'm not bothered, that invariably means other people aren't either, and if you went through the trouble of typing it you probably want it to be read. Here I'm investing my time in trying to help you communicate what you want to communicate, but if you'd prefer I can just leave your post to obscurity, and leave you in the dark wondering why people aren't reading it.

Do what you like, think what you like. I will continue to unabashedly not read posts that fail to hold my interest and be as vocal as I please about it. I'll also recommend that you folks take some rhetoric classes to better understand the responsibility of the arguer in delivering an argument. :CocoWink:

sorry I didn't read all this so I will just assume you are being pretentious again

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:55 pm 

eddster27 wrote:
sorry I didn't read all this so I will just assume you are being pretentious again

xelrog is right, though. jumping on him for trying to help is counter-productive.

if you want to present a persuasive argument, it helps to be concise. what we have here is a poorly formatted rant-ish post that is kind of insulting to strangers. not a great way to present an argument at all (or to hold peoples' attention)

Last edited by robochase6000 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:57 pm 

If I'm in the mood to play more or less competitively (like, privilege my chances of winning over my character preferences), then yes I would appreciate this feature.

But there are days when I just want to play the game and don't care about the potential match ups.. the draft system would discourage that, I would just get flamed by my team for not taking the right naut

So I would only agree on this feature if it's implemented in a separate queue.

I have never played a draft in naut, but I know how it works and I believe I have the right to express my opinion regardless

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:15 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
can like we at least read my op before dismissing drafts, pls

If you want people to read it, make it shorter. That's called Reader-Centric Writing.

It's not the reader's obligation to spend their time on your writing. It's your obligation as the content creator to communicate your point to them in a way that either maintains their interest, or communicates the point quickly enough that they don't lose interest.

I wasn't referring to you anyways, but there's a difference between "I didn't read this, it didn't hold my interest" and "I didn't read this, here's why you're wrong"

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:47 am 

Sam! wrote:
If you are in league 1 or league 2 you should be in a seperate queue that has drafting enabled

Then fix league 2 having the population of china

League 3+ have the same casual picking as we do now

Competitive drafting in league 1+2 and a leaderboards overhaul would give people a lot of reason to play this game

Drafting is ok if we have this imo.

I'm glad I didn't just jump to posting cause I was about to propose this. This was my exact idea that it kind of scares me. Read my thoughts I just had 9 hours ago...

Anyways yeah I can say this would be my proposition and my few reasons for it would be:

A. doesn't split matchmaking into two queues

B. The toxicity levels hopefully shouldn't skyrocket. Typically when you have a competitive queue you get a lot of salt along the lines of "why the * are you in competitive" "go back to unranked". But if it's not by choice, then hey don't get so mad at them. Lol

C. Make the Leaderboards matter again! It will give some significance to the leagues again. Also, it will create more refined gaming where league 1 and 2 cannot be queued with league 3 anymore. Would somewhat help preserve upper leagues competitive factor.

If you want to look up my Nauts drafter, it's anything with team WWJVDD? Just to satisfy your "my opinion is better cause I use nautsdrafter.com" quota.