Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: I feel something different with Smile.
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:25 am 

kathy wrote:
Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
kathy wrote:
if ronimo had the decency to let us switch skill buttons on a per-character basis, they'd be able to fix something that people have been complaining about for years
but apparently it's too hard for them or something

do you ever stop whining

sorry man, people have been complaining about this ever since like skree

I've read near every post on these forums since the join date to the left there and this is the first complaint I've ever heard about it. :shrug:

You have every right to complain about it if you want to, but claiming that everyone else has just seems like a falsehood to me.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:33 am 

i've been complaining about this since skree.

this was the first post i can easily find about it that i made in 2014, but there might be an earlier one: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31137&p=389414

i also made this thread when jimmy came out - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=43853&p=611790

& the max thread when he came out, which i have been updating every time a new character comes out.

it's kind of a big deal to me lol

ah, memories :ix:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:51 am 

Xelrog wrote:
You have every right to complain about it if you want to, but claiming that everyone else has just seems like a falsehood to me.

claiming that i said or even implied anything close to everyone just seems like a falsehood to me

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:44 am 

The skill buttons felt fine to me.

buuut....

kathy wrote:
if ronimo had the decency to let us switch skill buttons on a per-character basis, they'd be able to fix something that people have been complaining about for years

I do feel this would be a good thing to have in the game. I like that the skills are middle click and right click, but players really should be able to map them to any key on the keyboard that they want.

Even let us map it to multiple keys!! I think I'd map mine to the Q, Z, F, and C keys!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:10 pm 

Location: In the land of someone else's imagination; occasionally also marking someone else's imagination.
Xelrog wrote:
I've read near every post on these forums since the join date to the left there and this is the first complaint I've ever heard about it. :shrug:

The debate about switchable skill buttons has definitely come up before.

Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:01 pm 

allstarsniper32 wrote:
The skill buttons felt fine to me.

buuut....

kathy wrote:

I do feel this would be a good thing to have in the game. I like that the skills are middle click and right click, but players really should be able to map them to any key on the keyboard that they want.

Even let us map it to multiple keys!! I think I'd map mine to the Q, Z, F, and C keys!

Allstar... this is already a thing? You can map a new primary and secondary for each option.

I've had skill 2 mapped to left shift since I started playing, because middle click isn't actually a viable button and if you disagree you can fight me irl cuz clicking a wheel is dumb.

Jokes aside, I don't understand middle mouse, and I'm glad I haven't played a game yet where I can't rebind it to a real button.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:01 pm 

Quote:

i definitely recall seeing multiple topics about this

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:18 pm 

Yeah I'm gonna' need someone to clarify exactly what people are talking about, because you've been able to rebind controls forever.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:49 pm 

ChrisD wrote:
Yeah I'm gonna' need someone to clarify exactly what people are talking about, because you've been able to rebind controls forever.

They are talking about option to bind buttons separetly for each naut. Currently they would have to rebind thier keys every single time they want to play this naut.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:19 pm 

redria7 wrote:
Allstar... this is already a thing? You can map a new primary and secondary for each option.

I've had skill 2 mapped to left shift since I started playing, because middle click isn't actually a viable button and if you disagree you can fight me irl cuz clicking a wheel is dumb.

Jokes aside, I don't understand middle mouse, and I'm glad I haven't played a game yet where I can't rebind it to a real button.

Really? Well, thanks for making me feel like a pleb.

Now I can go test what kinds of key bindings I like.