Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Why do naut pack owners suffer now?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:08 pm 

What is this tripe, I have to level him up to get access to something I have on all my other nauts(new frog not included obviously), so, why do the people that paid for all your content before you went F2P having to suffer to gain access to stuff we should ALREADY have access to?

We paid for access to all nauts, stands to reason that should include killing spree music and items already unlocked.

Post subject: Re: Why do naut pack owners suffer now?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:06 pm 

vahnkiljoy wrote:
What is this tripe, I have to level him up to get access to something I have on all my other nauts(new frog not included obviously), so, why do the people that paid for all your content before you went F2P having to suffer to gain access to stuff we should ALREADY have access to?

We paid for access to all nauts, stands to reason that should include killing spree music and items already unlocked.

It was that way before F2P as well. Everytime a new Naut was introduced, you had to level up before you had all the upgrades unlocked.

I agree about killing spree though, imo it should be there at lvl 1, but that's another subject

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:13 pm 

having to play a game to unlock virtual content is true suffering.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:15 pm 

robochase6000 wrote:
having to play a game to unlock virtual content is true suffering.

I cri evrytiem :GnawCry:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:59 pm 

vahnkiljoy wrote:

This is how it has always been.
Even before F2P.

You are complaining about nothing.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:34 pm 

I'm sure there are reasons ronimo has elected to make it like this, but I'm struggling to figure out why.

I find it very frustrating as well op.

I find it overwhelmingly absurd/frustrating that they lock out two entire rows of abilities for each naut until what... You "prove" yourself "capable" of using that naut? Seriously???

The notion that this helps new players get "used to" new characters is, quite frankly, absurd. And a little insulting if I'm being honest. What ronimo? Your characters are so insanely complex that your players/fans can't possibly understand their mechanics?? Are you for real right now??? It's an insulting and arbitrary system put in place in lieu of a better tutorial system that mainly punishes rather than help new players (and old ones that have been supporting/playing for a long time for that matter)

I can't be the only one who elected NOT to prestige because they didn't want to handicap themselves until they "unlocked" everything again.

I agree 100% agree with the op here. Someone please educate me. What is my pea sized brain not seeing? Cuz all I see is some contrived game mechanic that hurts way more than it helps.

Your game is fun ronimo! Don't voluntarily put up artificial barriers that get in the way of that.

On a somewhat happier less saltier note, because I've been forced into this situation, wherein I have to grind out a character for which I paid real money just so that I can use them as intended (which is the reason I purchased them in the first place!), I've been playing more bot matches as a result and have met some really cool/fun people. Silver lining! xD

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:47 pm 

The main reason this is an in-game feature is because most new players to a 'naut are not going to know WHAT to buy; this limitation to first 3 items or so forces them to only go one build when they first start out, and then to branch out after 3 - 5 games or so (it does not take long whatsoever to unlock all items) as to not get confused or overwhelmed with so many upgrades. They can play and enjoy themselves and not have to worry about "what's best" for a time being.

That being said, I also agree the killing spree music shouldn't be locked behind a level; that's just dumb.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:59 pm 

That's not a reason. That's an insult/punishment thinly veiled as an excuse for not having a better tutorial system.

Hi! Welcome to my new restaurant! Our menu is very complex. So much so in fact, that someone of your limited capability is going to need to frequent my establishment at least 3 -5 times until we "allow" you to order off the entire menu.

But I'm dumb, so I know couldn't come up with anything better, and in the grand scheme of things, its not a significant issue for me whatsoever. Salt is as salt does sometimes. Feelsbadman

Edit: I understand that ronimo did NOT implement this to frustrate it's users. Quite the opposite. And i understand that my reaction to it, is just that. My reaction.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:36 pm 

You unlock them after literally 2 games. The idea is to expose you to new items at a digestible pace so you don't spend 2 years in the shop.

Chill

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:17 am 

are newbies actually that overwhelmed with upgrades in this game