Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: New nauts talk WAAY too damn much
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 am 

I turned off character voices last month, and it is quite a shame because they give so much life to the game and characters and now that's all gone for me.

But I can't deal with the voice lines that drag on and which seem extremely forced anymore. All these new characters have such shallow personalities and their voice lines are clear evidence of that, I still don't know what they were thinking when they added ksenia. Yoolip never shuts up with some of the longest voice lines in the game, and jimmy just makes baby noises.

You can call it "charm" but it needs to be clever in some way for that to make sense. Ronimo used to come up with cool, catchy, or funny phrases but now every character just talks about themselves and their 1 shallow characteristic. To call turning off voices a "solution" is the most heart-breaking answer I've ever heard.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:50 am 

referring to turrets as swamps/roboweedlings/shrines/gym/whateverthehell is super overdone

Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:16 pm 

Wakkabanana wrote:
rybakowsky wrote:
Wakkabanana wrote:
Turn off character voices.

Yeah because ignoring the problem is better than solving it.

Complaining about it is worse when there's a solution.

thats hardly a solution, i really enjoy hearing frog go "holla holla dolla dolla" after getting a kill or lone say "Im taking you all out!" and then his badass killing spree song plays, its a shame i wont be able to enjoy that because of a few annoying new characters.
you should be able to mute specific characters voicelines and not just a button that forces you to mute all.
also I know you can change killing spree songs and more in the game files by just renaming the same filetype to that of which song you want replaced, maybe you could remove certain nauts voicelines or replace them with a sound of your choice maybe even just no sound.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:51 pm 

Still never understood why they added "radical" to coco's blaze. Just make me know that I'm using my ability? I can't see the trail behind me?

But coco makes me laugh compared to all the other Nauts. Her attack and defend commands are just a random selection from 3 different ways to fluctuate the words "attack" and "defend".

"attack!"
"AAAttack!"
*High pitched* "attaaaack!"

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:23 pm 

Aaron12906m wrote:
But coco makes me laugh compared to all the other Nauts. Her attack and defend commands are just a random selection from 3 different ways to fluctuate the words "attack" and "defend.

Exactly. Now every naut needs to give you their life story every time you use a command because ronimo is afraid they won't seem legitimate otherwise.