Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: UMA Map Festival 3
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:25 am 

Location: Massachusetts, where weather is as unpredictable as a laggy Clunk
DISCORD LINK

What is the UMA Map Festival?
The UMA Map Festival is a two hour long, as the title implies, festival! Here we will be playing custom maps, playing with friends or making new friends along with streams and raffles!

When is the third session of the UMA Community Map Festival
This second edition will be held Saturday 07/29 at 1PM CDT, 2PM EDT, 3PM ART, 7PM BST, 6PM UT,C 8PM CEST, 4AM AEST, and 11AM PDT see http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/findzone for your local time.

Or why bother with timezones! Just use our handy countdown clock!
How do I join?
There is no reservations or registration here! If you want to join the event, just join the discord through the link provided above. From there, find a free spot in a voice channel group being led by a group leader and that's about all you have to do! Your group leader will take charge from there!

How does the event work?
-Arrange yourselves into groups of 6 headed by "group leaders", group leaders will be people such as Blatoy, Kidaferu, T0lkki and me, Bacon Bomb, among with other volunteers we don't know. Hop in your group's voice channel when you're ready to go!

-Your group leader will be given a playlist of ten maps to play from, within your group, discuss in the voice channel which maps out of the ten you want to play and what order they should be played in! I should mention, if you're feeling shy or don't have a working mic, don't feel pressured to voice chat! Just talk via text through the discord or the game to your group! The voice channels are just an easy way for us to organize into groups

-Here's the fun part! Play with your group and have fun on some custom maps made by the Nauts community! If you even want, post critique of the map in the Com-Night Feedback channel! Do be kind however!

-Every 20 minutes, there will be a raffle! Anyone who is currently in a voice channel and therefore playing with a group will be entered in the raffle to win one of our fabulous six prizes! We will be doing @everyone once it's time to raffle so make sure you have your discord notifications on! At the end of the community night we will announce all the winners again and you will have until the next Monday to claim your prize, or else we will keep your prize and use it for the next Map Festival in July

-Just keep on working down the map playlist at your own discretion until the end of event which will be about two hours!

How can I suggest a map?
Finished a map you're proud of? Know of a cool map we don't know? As long as the map is finished, and playable without any gamebreaking bugs, hop into the UMA discord and suggest a map in the general chat or private message me or Blatoy! We will be voting on maps on all of Friday on the discord so if you want a say in what maps we play during the event, vote!

RAFFLE
As mentioned before, every 20 minutes, everyone in a voice-chat channel on Discord and therefore, playing with their group, will be entered into the raffle automatically. No RAFFLEZEIT or anything! We will ping @everyone on the server when the raffle is announced and ping the winner. Then at the end of the event, we will ping all the winners incase you were in a very intense match and didn't hear the notification! You have until the following Monday to claim your prize or else the prize will be recirculated and used in the next Map Festival Event in July.
Thanks to Kida and Bronoc for donating keys!
* 2 Roboscoops
* 1 Costume Pack 2
* One Ultimate Skin of Choice, Gnariachi or ESC Rocco.
* One announcer of choice, Rockstar or Ghosthouse.
* One Renegade Skin of Choice, Kunoichi Dizzy or Pyromancer Smiles.
* One T2 Droppod of choice, Blue Medusa or the Kosmos DAK Wraith.

Streamers
If you're planning to stream just PM Blatoy or me on Discord, Steam or on the Forums

About United Mapmakers of Awesomenauts
The United Mapmakers of Awesomenauts (UMA) discord server is here to help anyone that have questions about map or AI editing in Awesomenauts!
We have a lot of modders ready to help you if you have any questions regarding the editors!
Feel free to join, we usually don't bite. We may even have cookies

How can I help with the UMA Map Festival?

-Stream! It's not only fun to stream but it's a great way for the creators of this event to catch different perspectives and hear different opinions! Private message Blatoy or I on the forums or discord if you want to stream the event and we'll put up your link on this forum post and on the discord!

-Donations! We are always looking for keys for future events! Announcers, Expansions, Ultimate Skins, Costume Packs, Roboscoops, and even Nauts to help out the growing F2P playerbase! Send Blatoy or Me a private message on Discord or forums if you're feeling charitable!
-Volunteers! If you are certain you will be there for the event and good with organization, we always need more group leaders than just Kida, Blatoy, T0lkki and me! Just send Blatoy or me a private message on Discord or Forums if you want to!

TL;DR
Join us to play on custom map the 07/29 at 1PM CDT 2PM EDT 3PM ART 7PM BST 6PM UTC 8PM CEST 4AM AEST 11AM PDT on Discord and maybe win keys!

Dice emoticon when?
Random Dice leaderboard icon pleaaaaaase
Steam!

Last edited by Bacon Bomb on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: UMA Map Festival 3
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:23 pm 

I should be able to stream again. Are there enough new maps that we won't have any repeats in our group, Bacon? Are maps added to the same pool as the last two events, or is the pool different each time?

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:25 am 

Xelrog wrote:
I should be able to stream again. Are there enough new maps that we won't have any repeats in our group, Bacon? Are maps added to the same pool as the last two events, or is the pool different each time?

There should be very few, if none at all repeats between the last three events! There are so many quality custom maps and the fact I've been saving some for future events that we shouldn't have repeats.

Dice emoticon when?
Steam!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:46 am 

Bacon Bomb wrote:
DISCORD LINK

What is the UMA Map Festival?
The UMA Map Festival is a two hour long, as the title implies, festival! Here we will be playing custom maps, playing with friends or making new friends along with streams and raffles!

When is the third session of the UMA Community Map Festival
This second edition will be held Saturday 07/29 at 1PM CDT, 2PM EDT, 3PM ART, 7PM BST, 6PM UT,C 8PM CEST, 4AM AEST, and 11AM PDT see http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/findzone for your local time.

Or why bother with timezones! Just use our handy countdown clock!
How do I join?
There is no reservations or registration here! If you want to join the event, just join the discord through the link provided above. From there, find a free spot in a voice channel group being led by a group leader and that's about all you have to do! Your group leader will take charge from there!

Wonderful!!!
I think i should change my timetable a little to join this.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:21 am 

Sounds awesome! Would like to join but sadly I am on vaycay there..

To all: have some fun ^.^

Maarten wrote:
Dr. DaMan wrote:
Maarten wrote:
We'll think about also muting the team commands.

Meanwhile, I'll be thinking about punching a cat

Please don't punch a cat.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:12 pm 

A quick update post!

We've finalized what we're raffling on Saturday! As a refresher, every 20 minutes we will announce a raffle and what category it will be for, such as an Ultimate Skin Raffle or a Droppod Raffle. As long as you're in a Discord voice chat, you will be automatically entered into the raffle!

One Ultimate Skin of Choice, Gnariachi or ESC Rocco.
One announcer of choice, Rockstar or Ghosthouse.
One Renegade Skin of Choice, Kunoichi Dizzy or Pyromancer Smiles.
One T2 Droppod of choice, Blue Medusa or the Kosmos DAK Wraith.
And two Roboscoops raffled at different points of the night

Dice emoticon when?
Steam!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:13 pm 

And the event has started!

Dice emoticon when?
Steam!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:08 pm 

Good turnout this time. Here's the recording for any of you who sadly missed it.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:12 pm 

hey guys, minor suggestion for next time - put the current map name somewhere on the screen so that it's easy to see if you're just now tuning in, or skimming through the recording :D

if it's not a ton of trouble, maybe you can annotate the youtube video? never done it myself, but i'm guessing it's pretty easy.

some of these maps look pretty cool!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:41 am 

A little bit late on this update but whatever!

I want to say thanks to everyone who decided to come and play some maps with us! There was a lot of new faces that joined us yesterday. We had a membership spike of 62 members between the time of our first advertisement on the Awesomenauts Steam Community Hub and the day of the event. Because of this spike, the UMA now sits at 200+ members! Just wow. When me and Blatoy were thinking how cool it would be for the Map Maker to have a dedicated Discord to itself, we never thought it would be this popular! Again, thanks to everyone who has supported us, especially Robin who has always been there along the way giving us a helping hand! We look forward to hosting future community events until the foreseeable future!

For the event itself, it was a great success! We had 38 players at once during the event! Here were our raffle winners

Scorched Chain- Ghosthouse
SansGamer- Kunoichi Dizzy
SuperSpooky- Roboscoop
K2xl- ESC Rocco
Noeabe- T2 Blue Medusa Droppod
Fauna- Roboscoop

Dice emoticon when?
Steam!