Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Monthly league resets, and something to make them more fun
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:56 pm 

So, I assume most of us are annoyed of the lack of league resets, and the stale situation which is going.
The problems and solutions of league resets have been/are discussed elsewhere, I am just brainstorming ideas that would make league resets a bit more of a fun event.

One of my ideas would be, to have a "Between-league shop" that has all sort of custom stuff, only available right after league resets. There you could buy league badges that proof you finished a season in L2/3/4/etc, or even shinier badges to show you have been in L1/2/3/etc or higher 5 times etc., golden droppods etc.

Small stuff, something, that would add with each league reset, so that league reset isnt just an grind to get back to where you were, but a moment of adding progression to your game. Just Awesomepoints are pretty meaningless to us who have all nauts pack etc. Gaining some form of progression at each reset would be fun imho.

Post subject: Re: Monthly league resets, and something to make them more f
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:08 pm 

Location: In the land of someone else's imagination; occasionally also marking someone else's imagination.
I, too, come to Awesomenauts to play Overwatch.

On-topic: some sort of actual thing to spend Awesomepoints on would be welcome.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:59 pm 

I have never played Overwatch and have absolutely no idea of how it works. I merely thought of something that could fit here.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:25 am 

A reset every 2 months just as it used to be was perfect, only 1 month would be too fast imo.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:54 pm 

+1

This is a good idea, would make it more interesting! Small things, but small things matter..

The league atm is stale as heck for me, I've been stuck in L2 for months.

(reset pls)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:01 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
I, too, come to Awesomenauts to play Overwatch.

On topic: The game could litterally just give you this !@#$ in general. :think:
When the Leagues reset give us a "highest rank achieved" badge and a "rank at end of season badge" that changes every League rest. Also give us a "highest rank achieved ever" badge that shows all the seasons you achieved your highest rank in. The game could also give you Awesomepoints (and drop pod parts? plz?) based on what League you ended in.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: (MaxEmote), [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:02 am 

rybakowsky wrote:
A reset every 2 months just as it used to be was perfect, only 1 month would be too fast imo.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:47 pm 

I'd say every 3 months would be good so that it's every quarter of the year.

my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:21 am 

I still say 1 month. But as my original post says, at the same time something to make each reset interesting, so that there is a small joy gained each month, not only a new
leaderboard climbing crunch.

Leaderboard resets would not need to be 100% resets either, imho. There could be beginner/intermediate/pro starting points based on your latest leaderboard rank to assure you wont go completely different skill level.

One more idea I got, is that each month would have a new community map as a Monthly Map. This would be rewarding for the match makers as well, since people would actually play their maps,since they were part of the rotation. If those maps would cause balance problems, you could always set the maps so that those dont affecr your rating, but still give Awesomepoints and exp.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:54 pm 

Still think this:

League 1 is still top 250 ranked players, however said player needs to have played at least 50 games in that season to be on the boards in the top 250 (if they have 34 games and are where #200 was they would basically just be at '251 until they complete their 50th match and then they'd jump up to where their rating would put them on the boards.) Rating decay also means that said players also have to play 3-5 games per week to maintain their rank, otherwise each day it goes down until they're at the same rating as #251.

Back to old 3 month seasons with automatic resets with rating thresholds for Leagues 3,2 and 1.

The game should implement a placement system for the top 1500 players on the leaderboards in two separate placement queues to keep games fair.
League 1 + up to 750th player. 751 -> 1500 (this rank should be where League 2 starts)

Dependent on the amount of wins you have gotten out of 10, you will be given a rating, the first season is completely fresh for everyone so everyone will have to climb up to those rating thresholds (but the first seasons placement matches takes your previous (in this case last season before new boards) rating/rank into account to place you in matches where you belong.) and for the following seasons it will take your previous rank/rating from the last season as well as your amount of wins in placements into account before calculating your rating.

I know this is complicated and I probably explained it poorly but I hope you get the general gist of it.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"