Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: What are some things you want in nauts? BESIDES...
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:13 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
potterman28wxcv wrote:
Something else I would love to have is Daily Quests or Weekly - like "Play 5 matches with a Support", that would give you extra awesomepoints and encourage you to queue up.

I, too, play Awesomenauts to play Heroes of the Storm.

The last few times we tried to be every other MOBA, we failed miserably, so can we stop trying at this point. I am sure there are many other unique ideas that could exist that do not have to be lifted from League of Dota-Storm Heroes.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:42 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
potterman28wxcv wrote:
Something else I would love to have is Daily Quests or Weekly - like "Play 5 matches with a Support", that would give you extra awesomepoints and encourage you to queue up.

I, too, play Awesomenauts to play Heroes of the Storm.

Good for you - personally I don't like Heroes of the Storm enough to play it a lot. I just played it maybe 10 hours, if not less. Awesomenauts is Awesomenauts, I don't think of any other game while playing it.

The last few times we tried to be every other MOBA, we failed miserably, so can we stop trying at this point. I am sure there are many other unique ideas that could exist that do not have to be lifted from League of Dota-Storm Heroes.

"This feature is bad because Heroes of the Storm does the same" is pretty much a non argument.

If you're unhappy about the "Play 5 matches as a support", just replace with something else, like "Take down 5 turrets" or "Kill 10 super droids". Plenty of possibilities. The goal of Daily Quest is that instead of your 1/2 matches per day and leave them frustrated because of various elements, you extend it to say 1 or 2 hours, just the time to get all your daily quests.

Regardless of where the idea comes from - could you please elaborate on why introducing daily quests would be bad ?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:10 pm 

rybakowsky wrote:
potterman28wxcv wrote:
"Play 5 matches with a Support"

Play 5 matches with what?

A support = any Naut able to help others in battle by providing them buffs - so Voltar, Genji, Scoop, IX or Deadlift (and perhaps some others as well)

cf the Team Composition section of Niki's guide
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =917913388

allstarsniper32 wrote:
What I'm gonna say isn't really on topic but as far as maps go, this is an area where Ronimo needs to answer one question. "Is Awesomenauts a casual game or a competitive game?" Cause if it's just casual, then they need more maps of whatever they want. But if they want to game to be more competitive, they need to remove things from the maps like the stealth orb, the worm, the fire middle thingy, and in Starstorm the area in the bottom needs to not have a death pit.

How about ADDING THE * COMPETETIVE MODE? Seriously every single succesful moba type of game has casual and competetive queue. This is something we need in order to keep payers interested. Ronimo can ethier continue to have thier small little moba that nobody gives * about or actually start making this game serious. Everyone just keeps saying "ohhh but we have too small playerbase for 2 queues" - do that and this playerbase will be small forever. Add proper ranked mode and rework leaderboards, at first it would be harder to find people to play but I'm telling you if you do this the right way it will bring more payers in. This game is now 5 years old still nothing is being done to fix it.

Returning to your comment, how about leaving these map gimmicks in casual mode (it's pretty fun to use) and adjusting the maps to proper competetive play in ranked mode?[/quote]

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:24 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
rybakowsky wrote:
potterman28wxcv wrote:

A support = any Naut able to help others in battle by providing them buffs - so Voltar, Genji, Scoop, IX or Deadlift (and perhaps some others as well)

Pretty sure this is poking at the game since all "support" characters are ridiculously powerful via too much damage, overloaded kits and free kills. If is then...

WOOOSH

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:50 pm 

rybakowsky wrote:
potterman28wxcv wrote:

allstarsniper32 wrote:
What I'm gonna say isn't really on topic but as far as maps go, this is an area where Ronimo needs to answer one question. "Is Awesomenauts a casual game or a competitive game?" Cause if it's just casual, then they need more maps of whatever they want. But if they want to game to be more competitive, they need to remove things from the maps like the stealth orb, the worm, the fire middle thingy, and in Starstorm the area in the bottom needs to not have a death pit.

How about ADDING THE * COMPETETIVE MODE? Seriously every single succesful moba type of game has casual and competetive queue. This is something we need in order to keep payers interested. Ronimo can ethier continue to have thier small little moba that nobody gives * about or actually start making this game serious. Everyone just keeps saying "ohhh but we have too small playerbase for 2 queues" - do that and this playerbase will be small forever. Add proper ranked mode and rework leaderboards, at first it would be harder to find people to play but I'm telling you if you do this the right way it will bring more payers in. This game is now 5 years old still nothing is being done to fix it.

Returning to your comment, how about leaving these map gimmicks in casual mode (it's pretty fun to use) and adjusting the maps to proper competetive play in ranked mode?

Funnily enough, I've already made a topic about that :ix:
https://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/view ... =6&t=50593

But yeah, it'd be fine if those map items were left in casual/quickplay matches. Then, if there was an actual ranked mode, the quickplay could have things like deathmatch queues, or zany custom map queues that change weekly or daily. It opens things up a lot more because you'd have one mode. But if they didn't add an actual ranked mode, I wouldn't want the idea from earlier about the play type rotations.

I do however, think that the when the worm eats something, it should eat all the solar. Meaning the solar doesn't even drop. But I do enjoy porting as Sentry to make it munch an enemy naut :ayla:

Oh! Another gameplay thing. They should make it so that if a turret hits a droid even once, it no longer drops solar. Does that count as map or character balance? I'm not sure but I swear this topic will be unable to not have things like that in it :drone:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:55 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:

"This feature is bad because Heroes of the Storm does the same" is pretty much a non argument.

It's no less of an argument than "this feature is good because [other game] does it."

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:59 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
potterman28wxcv wrote:
If you're unhappy about the "Play 5 matches as a support", just replace with something else, like "Take down 5 turrets" or "Kill 10 super droids". Plenty of possibilities. The goal of Daily Quest is that instead of your 1/2 matches per day and leave them frustrated because of various elements, you extend it to say 1 or 2 hours, just the time to get all your daily quests.

Regardless of where the idea comes from - could you please elaborate on why introducing daily quests would be bad ?

You would incentivise playing the game in a particular way to reward players with what exactly? Awesomepoints?

The very thing we have discovered holds no weight nor value and is, to the vast majority of players, a steadily incrementing number that they have nothing to spend on? As a concept, daily quests work (as demonstrated by HotS itself), although I disagree completely with simply taking what other games have done instead of, perhaps, giving Awesomenauts its own identity. I feel that this stripping of identity has been Awesomenauts' downfall, coupled with its age.

Now, someone will respond "they will add new skins to spend the points on."

We went F2P some time ago, as you might have noticed from the matchmaking suddenly imploding in on itself due to a lack of testing. Ronimo now no longer generates income from selling the game.

The only thing they can generate revenue from is skins, as a result and at time of writing.

Anyone that thinks, genuinely, they are going to allow you to spend Awesomepoints on skins has entirely lost the plot.

Have we scraped the barrel of creativity so dry and barren that we must now steal other things that other games do better just to make people want to play Awesomenauts?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:03 am 

i'd really like a mini cooldown indicator near my health meter, similar to the one in battlerite. so that i don't have to glance at the ability bar in a team fight ever again.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:53 am 

Anyone that thinks, genuinely, they are going to allow you to spend Awesomepoints on skins has entirely lost the plot.

Have we scraped the barrel of creativity so dry and barren that we must now steal other things that other games do better just to make people want to play Awesomenauts?

Well, if they looked at other F2P games they'd see that a lot of them have 2 currencies. One that is for unlocking things like characters, like Awesomenpoints. And one that's for unlocking other things, like skins. But the thing is that the second one you earn very very little of just by playing but you can buy them with actual money.

Honestly, I feel they should have called Awesomepoints just solar. And then instead of having Drop Pod Parts, those should have been Awesomepoints and you earn them just like how you do now, except if you want to you can purchase them with real money.

And people WILL buy those points!

And as far as scraping the barrel of creativity, yes, because right now nauts doesn't have all that many people that want to play it. I don't think anyone wants it to be exactly like other games, but it needs a push and imitating parts of other games would be good for nauts.

robochase6000 wrote:
i'd really like a mini cooldown indicator near my health meter, similar to the one in battlerite. so that i don't have to glance at the ability bar in a team fight ever again.
That'd be quite nice!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:02 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
allstarsniper32 wrote:

Returning to your comment, how about leaving these map gimmicks in casual mode (it's pretty fun to use) and adjusting the maps to proper competetive play in ranked mode?
[/quote]
just wanted to say I didn't write this last part, i have no idea how i failed exactly but it isn't my writing