Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: What are some things you want in nauts? BESIDES...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:14 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
potterman28wxcv wrote:
The Lord Protector wrote:
The last few times we tried to be every other MOBA, we failed miserably, so can we stop trying at this point. I am sure there are many other unique ideas that could exist that do not have to be lifted from League of Dota-Storm Heroes.

"This feature is bad because Heroes of the Storm does the same" is pretty much a non argument.

It's no less of an argument than "this feature is good because [other game] does it."

I've never said "Daily quests are successful in games like Overwatch/HoTS/whatever, so let's add it".

But they do add a little bit of "tasks" or "personal achievements" to perform each day, which can at least encourage you to play the game a bit more than your "hey let's login and play 1 or 2 matches".

I'm not even talking about Awesomepoints. Just the process of having a guideline for you to do.

Your daily quest could even be "Play 1 RTDM until the end" to encourage people to try other modes.

Again, I'm not talking about copy/paste everything that has been successful from other MOBAs. But the "daily quest" feature is an interesting one. Not because other MOBAs have done it - but because I truly think it's a nice idea.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:14 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
allstarsniper32 wrote:
Well, if they looked at other F2P games they'd see that a lot of them have 2 currencies. One that is for unlocking things like characters, like Awesomenpoints. And one that's for unlocking other things, like skins. But the thing is that the second one you earn very very little of just by playing but you can buy them with actual money.

Honestly, I feel they should have called Awesomepoints just solar. And then instead of having Drop Pod Parts, those should have been Awesomepoints and you earn them just like how you do now, except if you want to you can purchase them with real money.

And people WILL buy those points!

And as far as scraping the barrel of creativity, yes, because right now nauts doesn't have all that many people that want to play it. I don't think anyone wants it to be exactly like other games, but it needs a push and imitating parts of other games would be good for nauts.

While I agree with what you are saying, I feel my original point still stands: if they were to introduce another currency in the style of similar games, then it could be used to purchase exclusive things... but what exclusive things, exactly?

It could not be skins because where is the sense in buying currency to then buy a skin instead of just buying the skin directly. I suppose it could be golden weapons (as said on the main page), but my barrel-scraping comes into effect there.

There would still be a void of actual content to fill.

EDIT:

potterman28wxcv wrote:
I've never said "Daily quests are successful in games like Overwatch/HoTS/whatever, so let's add it".

But they do add a little bit of "tasks" or "personal achievements" to perform each day, which can at least encourage you to play the game a bit more than your "hey let's login and play 1 or 2 matches".

I'm not even talking about Awesomepoints. Just the process of having a guideline for you to do.

Your daily quest could even be "Play 1 RTDM until the end" to encourage people to try other modes.

Again, I'm not talking about copy/paste everything that has been successful from other MOBAs. But the "daily quest" feature is an interesting one. Not because other MOBAs have done it - but because I truly think it's a nice idea.

I feel there is an inherent problem with this:

I log on and am told to play a full TRDM match: I either ignore it (in which case we have achieved nothing aside from wasting time), or I humour it and find a TRDM. If there is no reward, it would feel more like ticking boxes than actually playing the game. The net result being, of course, that I have still played a game, just not exactly how I wanted to.

I suppose it would help newer players to discover more ways to play, but it is frankly a bit late to be implementing these things now after the launch. The blip is over.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:40 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
rybakowsky wrote:
potterman28wxcv wrote:
"Play 5 matches with a Support"

Play 5 matches with what?

A support = any Naut able to help others in battle by providing them buffs - so Voltar, Genji, Scoop, IX or Deadlift (and perhaps some others as well)

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:16 pm 

Zold wrote:
Improvements upon the Awesomepoints/progression system. Honestly, it was a good start and I'm used to Ronimo and many other developers releasing unfinished systems, but I feel as if so much potential is just left to rot there.

That, and an online rotation of a second mode. One week it can be Team Deathmatch, the next week it can be Randomnauts, etc. The custom game settings are amazing, but nothing is done with them. Ronimo could even take battle-ready gamemodes from community members as a rotation item.

This is freaking Genius!! ++1++++ properly implemented it would do wonders for the Enjoyment of the game.. I mean the Custom mode is so left out right now.. It's only about ranked.. But the best and the FUNNIEST Matches I have had, were CUSTOM matches. Custom matches should be more easy to access than they are right now.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:13 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
allstarsniper32 wrote:
Well, if they looked at other F2P games they'd see that a lot of them have 2 currencies. One that is for unlocking things like characters, like Awesomenpoints. And one that's for unlocking other things, like skins. But the thing is that the second one you earn very very little of just by playing but you can buy them with actual money.

Honestly, I feel they should have called Awesomepoints just solar. And then instead of having Drop Pod Parts, those should have been Awesomepoints and you earn them just like how you do now, except if you want to you can purchase them with real money.

And people WILL buy those points!

And as far as scraping the barrel of creativity, yes, because right now nauts doesn't have all that many people that want to play it. I don't think anyone wants it to be exactly like other games, but it needs a push and imitating parts of other games would be good for nauts.

While I agree with what you are saying, I feel my original point still stands: if they were to introduce another currency in the style of similar games, then it could be used to purchase exclusive things... but what exclusive things, exactly?

It could not be skins because where is the sense in buying currency to then buy a skin instead of just buying the skin directly. I suppose it could be golden weapons (as said on the main page), but my barrel-scraping comes into effect there.

There would still be a void of actual content to fill.

It'd be up to Ronimo to put out the content that's needed. They need to figure out a way to make it so the characters can just be palette swapped. I mean, it'd be nice if you could use your points to just buy things like a black Lonestar hat or customize your character in small ways.

But I'm probably just being spoiled by other games that are F2P and have things like that in place. But I don't think it's a bad thing to imitate some of what other games have done.

I've seen some people say there's too many nauts being released, I'm the opposite. I'd like for a new naut to be released once a month.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:19 am 

Some kind of single player/Co-op Campaign mode that explored the lore and universe of Nauts more than what we have now. Could have different objectives, different enemies, different maps, ect.
There's a lot of things they could do with something like that I feel.

Although, with the game being 5yrs old and F2P, it wouldn't make much sense to make it now...Nauts 2 when?

Edit: Oh yeah, they also still need to add offline functionality back.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:15 am 

I'd like the Random character option to choose from the skins I own again.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:30 am 

fix game, make game work, ronimo win, playerbase win, gg. New game possible? new game make game work? ronimo win playerbase win, gg.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:58 am 

RoachCake wrote:
Some kind of single player/Co-op Campaign mode that explored the lore and universe of Nauts more than what we have now. Could have different objectives, different enemies, different maps, ect.
There's a lot of things they could do with something like that I feel.

Although, with the game being 5yrs old and F2P, it wouldn't make much sense to make it now...Nauts 2 when?

Edit: Oh yeah, they also still need to add offline functionality back.

I actually had an idea about a single player campaign thingy for nauts. But I don't run nauts so I'll just store it away in forgetville!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:30 pm 

I doubt this would really happen, but I'd like to be able to play ROFLnauts while waiting in queue.
There already is a secret minigame you can play while waiting, yet wouldn't it be cool if you could play ROFLnauts with everyone in your party while waiting?

I wouldn't even object if they made the queue timers longer when playing ROFLnauts, since this would hopefully improve the matchmaking and quality of the games you play.

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]