Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Average playerbase is now in the 800s
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:08 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
yeah i had seen nothing but support for f2p itself, but the common sentiment was the game had several big problems that needed to be fixed before f2p as f2p is a trick that would only work once

guess what guys, theres not gonna be anything else to spike the playerbase into the 4000s again. and those 4000 players weren't 'retained'. obviously the low playerbase is not the core problem otherwise matchmaking and the game would have been great at f2p launch (spoilers: it was buggy, put new players vs l1 players, and was complete *)

I agree. It was stated numerous times that simply going F2P was never going to work, as demonstrated by the free weekends that everyone at Ronimo apparently forgot about.

speartongue wrote:
Nothing is going to spike the game population, but if it stops being a frustrating experience (AKA don't release new nauts for a while once they're balanced) it will grow steadily.

Considering that the playerbase has never grown steadily at any part of its lifetime, I cannot see how this will work: see the oft-quoted chart.

I do agree that we need to stop churning out half-baked 'Nauts, because that certainly is not helping, but the actual issue is player retention (as has been said countless times before).

speartongue wrote:
I might be wrong on the following but here's an issue i'm facing and most likely newcomers have faced: matchmaking's handling of a premade: it seems to me that the game will put you versus a premade if you're a premade... except newcomers will often play with friends: should they face L1 premades of Edmoney's Smiles? I'm not at that level and have very little chance to win against, so imagine the newbies.

This is one of the reasons the F2P launch failed to tremendously: the new players with three hours were being matched against the top of L1.

No wonder so many of them left. They are not going to come back now if you tell them it will not happen again, because once is all they needed and first impressions matter.

speartongue wrote:
we need to stop hating on ronimo, or move on. now if they truly don't care that's another story.

where do we get information about what is currently in the works balance wise?

Precisely.

Where do we get this information?

We have no idea: there is no communication.

I presume they are working on the remaining 'Naut in the Renegades, but for all I know they could be designing a new map, ruining more things in the beta, or playing cribbage with her Majesty.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:25 pm 
Adminaut

The title of this topic feels like it's one of those headlines meant to sound big and dramatic, but in truth we've hit that low numerous times before. :derp: In fact wasnt there a point the average hit around

Now just talking on my own views here: I disagree with the notion the F2P transition was a big flop, and it's not like people were telling them to do that for literal years now. :aylaroll:

The Lord Protector wrote:
I presume they are working on the remaining 'Naut in the Renegades, but for all I know they could be designing a new map, ruining more things in the beta, or playing cribbage with her Majesty.

You've been astoundingly negative lately. Filling in for Ant and Kathy who've gone the way of the munchers? :tongue:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:33 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Yes, now that they are busy spreading their Super Mario references, we need to bring the level of negativity back up to where it needs to be.

I do not think anything I have said has been strictly factually incorrect, though. That is the beauty of my negativity.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:33 pm 

speartongue wrote:
we need to stop hating on ronimo, or move on. now if they truly don't care that's another story.

I haven't been part of nauts since the beginning and I'm not very active in the forum, but from what I've read. People are at the point where they feel Ronimo doesn't care. Once people reach that point, it gets harder to prove that you do care.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:17 pm 

We still have more than four months left though! :)
Joost wrote:
2017 is going to be huge!
We have a ton of Big Things (tm) in development for the rest of 2017! We're not talking about them yet, but we expect 2017 is going to be the biggest year for Awesomenauts yet and some of these big things are coming sooner than you think!

When you make big promises, then don't be surprised it will lead to big dissapointment if you can't live up to them. But I won't judge, not untill 2018 anyway. It's easy to forget there's just some guys working at Ronimo who are all trying to make the game better. Yet as a company, you should be happy if people forget that - if they wouldn't, then feedback wouldn't be as honest and therefore less valueble.

~ Embrace your dreams.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:09 pm 

Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards". Face it, this game is better than it has ever been. I remember a few years ago, you had A LOT more to complain about

- Latejoins

- Bot games due to not enough people joining

- Ragequits EVERY match, they're less frequent now

- Much worse lag (it's way better now, I've always been a lagger, I can tell)

- Not being able to see what your teammates were picking, and not being able to see the upcoming map

- Balance, it used to be truly messed up back then. The game is much more fair now. In this thread, the only balance complaint I see is "muh smiles, muh stun, op", for a naut that's still new. Really makes you think

- Better matchmaking (it IS better)

And many other things.

Gamers are the biggest bunch of losers on the planet. I swear, you poindexters have to complain about something, it's an itch that you can't scratch. The attitude you nerds have, JFC. Your input is not needed. It is not useful. No one wants it, no one needs it, no one should have to see it.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:44 pm 
Adminaut

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards". Face it, this game is better than it has ever been. I remember a few years ago, you had A LOT more to complain about

The fact this is Oil_Rope_Bombs saying this made the post really surprising to me. :lolstar: No offense but I don't remember you being quite like this

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:48 pm 

And today, I also learnt that Ant And Kathy didn't know of SMB3 until lately.

Ima drown into ronimo's bottomless pit if you don't mind

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:19 pm 

Quote:

what

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:24 pm 

it's truly baffling that ronimo didn't include some sort of in-game survey that polls new players on what they think of the game and how it could be improved
a lot of people are talking about the matchmaking driving new players away but without any actual information from these players, it's hard to speak for them
yes, matchmaking is an obvious problem, but with how much people have put up with it over the years we can't say that it's for certain the reason new players are leaving

Doppelganger wrote: