Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Leaderboard reset coming Monday September 4th
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:34 pm 

Sam! wrote:
Eh. Dunno I'm not really excited for this because current leaderboards are so flawed and don't really mean anything.

Why can I win 10 games in a row, lose 1 and lose more rating than I gained with 10 wins? Why is there no rating decay to stop accounts from sitting on the top spots without playing? Why does league 2 have 7000 spots so leagues don't even have any relevance? Why do I occasionally get league 4- players on my team and why am I punished for losing rating for losing games with useless teammates? etc etc

for the 100th time stop with the rating decay *, it would make ppl have to play in the unfair system else they lose rating... so either you lose rating by not playing or you lose rating by winning 95% of your matches. you don't experience that "lose 1 game worth of 10 wins rating" when the boards are reset, at least not until your 250th game.

either you abuse the system or you are better than the bad circumstances. if you don't care nothing of this affects you anyway. only problem now is that 100% of games have some variation of rocket ix smiles in it, 80% of a league 1 player's games are against a premade (characters still apply) so your experience will suck even if you just play for fun without ranking.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:24 pm 

i think rating decay in the long run would be good but I agree with niki's points on tacking on decay to the current system. most important is getting rid of diminishing rating gains/increasing rating losses the more games you play. thats literally whatever the opposite of player retention is - you're punished for playing the game more.

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:13 pm 

let me out you *

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:44 pm 

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
i think rating decay in the long run would be good but I agree with niki's points on tacking on decay to the current system. most important is getting rid of diminishing rating gains/increasing rating losses the more games you play. thats literally whatever the opposite of player retention is - you're punished for playing the game more.

That's not how leaderboards work

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:35 pm 

kathy wrote:
jesus christ, you guys have nothing to talk about on streamishos so you just give us awkward small talk, intentionally cringe singing, and league 6 gameplay?
you don't even give us teasers or anything to hype the game, you just hype stupid raffles for dumb skins

at least talk with the chat to a meaningful extend besides memes

Ye I agree. At the beggining Streamishos were interesting because we naver had a devstreams before but now it's usually some news and then L6 gameplay or just "hi, today we have nothing to show you besides some small beta update that changes * and dosen't really matter" and then L6 gameplay.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:21 am 

eddster27 wrote:
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:

ok plz enlighten me then

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:10 pm 

eddster27 wrote:
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
ok plz enlighten me then

lol yes pls do,
because since I started playing 3 years ago, nobody ever seemed to know * about how it actually works. Ronimo never explained it like it's a top government secret or something. All I know is that it's highly abusable and maybe that's why they don't want to talk about it. But then it must be really bad if it's at the stage of "let's not talk about this guys, people might abuse our broken system". Even worse is that after 5 years it really just shows they must think players don't notice this... :derp: :chucho: :sleep:

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:30 am 

The more games you play, the less rating you lose. That's because the deviation decreases. What players experience only happens because they have a very high rank and always get matched against lower ranked people, thus the matchmaker expects them to win nearly every game, which in a 3v3 game, isn't a very fair expectation.

The current model punishes soloqueue so harshly that a significant amount (I'd guess its the majority) of high ranked people only plays in duo/premade and on alts. If you add decay they'd only get more frustrated, or stick to full premades which causes other players to get more frustrated.

~ Embrace your dreams.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:45 pm 

Zold wrote:
The more games you play, the less rating you lose. That's because the deviation decreases. What players experience only happens because they have a very high rank and always get matched against lower ranked people, thus the matchmaker expects them to win nearly every game, which in a 3v3 game, isn't a very fair expectation.

The current model punishes soloqueue so harshly that a significant amount (I'd guess its the majority) of high ranked people only plays in duo/premade and on alts. If you add decay they'd only get more frustrated, or stick to full premades which causes other players to get more frustrated.

Indeed soloQ is a miserable experience, at least if you are ranked high. Because * all those dedicated players. * them in the *, * them in the mouth. * their whole damn existence! :table:

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:29 pm 

I think that if you switched to a static rating system after calibration matches it would fix all the issues that rank decay would fix, without bringing all of the problems.

20 points for a win, 20 points for a loss.
- People with 50% winrate don't move place
- People with positive winrates rise
- People with negative winrates go lower
- People who stop playing stagnate and fall behind people with positive winrates.

Let's goooooo

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.