Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: A new season has started!
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:59 am 

eddster27 wrote:
Fishie wrote:
My favorite naut is still showing the one from previous season.
I thought it was relevant to the current season
Is this a bug?

It's been your all time favourite naut for about a year now. It's been reported numerous times yet I don't think Ronimo have said whether or not it is intentional.

If it was intentional, then I don't understand the reasoning behind it [like most things that Ronma does]

So hm... if it's all time favourite it will probably neven change again for me because I played way too much matches with him. That sucks, I was hoping to show a new naut in the season overview for myself. Okay then...

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:10 pm 

I really wish they would fix the most played naut bug! =/////////////////

I can't show the world I'm the #1 Dizzy player because of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Balance Rules

1) No upgrade should be mandatory
2) No upgrade should outclass or be overly reliant on another upgrade

My steam
Leader of Team HDTV

Jasper wrote:
Well Lashes and Sunballs are about as strong

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:41 pm 

Diz Hydron wrote:
speartongue wrote:
resets are the best way to make people avoid your game for a few days/weeks and move on to other things while "they wait" AKA play something else.

what's the point? what are you achieving? are people REALLY trying to be #1 here? what does being #1 even mean in this game except "you abused whatever was the strongest stuff and you did it well" ?

Really, it's more just the fact that people can actually move again on the leaderboards that makes people excited for resets since skill stagnates depending on how much the player has been playing recently, how much they've played overall, meta rotation, whether or not they want to play with friends/try new nauts, etc.

And on whether or not the matchmaking is good, I also agree with Hello here. The game's matchmaking has improved substantially when the size of the playerbase allows. The problem of the repercussions of a bad match has just changed over time.

You used to be able to carry your team in this game. During that time, the repercussions of a poor match were about equal parts being matched up with someone hopelessly better than you and having someone on your team feed. Now, all a bad match will do is give you someone you can't carry. The missing factor of the lack of ability to carry also contributes to the conception of whether or not he MMS has improved for better, or for worse.

However, the slate has been wiped clean and the 3800 inactive accounts between you and the guy in your match who's 4000 spaces behind you are gone so let's see how this plays out.

This matchmaking makes the game less fun currently and that's all that matters. You are right about the reasons and the way it was before worked better with this matchmaking since it was more skill based and everyone excepted it (still don't know why they needed to change that). So now if you get into a bad match, almost no amount of training will help you carry since it has become that hard to carry bad team mates. There is literally no point in training or wanting to become good since everything is just relative to your team now and pretty much only depends on your luck in matchmaking. If you happen to get a good team you win, if you get a bad team you lose. I know it's not that simple but that is how it feels if you SoloQ. It plays like RNG on crack and that can't be good for a game that is competitive in nature. Instead of banning RNG elements, they made the whole pub experience depend on RNG, unless you only play in a full premade all the time. If people say matchmaking is a-ok then I automatically know you either premade 100% of the time or you just never play.

Either you remove the XP-System and the dependency on a good team which you get by pure chance, or you make the matchmaking way better. Because right now it feels like we have the worst of both worlds -> A 50-50 chance to get a bad team and a heavy dependency on the team thanks to the XP-System.

Idiots will say I only say this because I'm bad or because I lose. Yea, because the player numbers are so great and everybody loves the XP-System, right? Look at the pathetic numbers and how many people were just tired of complaining about the XP-System and left?!

The leaving after the XP-System never actually stopped. The way it changed the whole player experience and the * matchmaking that started to shine through was just the dingle-berry on top which is still being felt today. If the game dies one day the XP-System will definitely be remembered as the knife that killed it. Or vice versa, changing the system to more like it was before XP will be remembered as the thing that reanimated it.

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Last edited by DeezNauts on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:08 pm 

While I agree that the matchmaking often makes matches where the outcome of the match is decided before the droppods have landed, I also feel that large ammount of Awesomenauts players have extremely negative and immature way of looking at things.

Every time someone loses, its always the fault of his teammembers. "Stupid matchmaking gave me the worst team mate ever thats why we lose". Nobody ever has the guts to say that "matchmaking gave us enemies too strong", no, every single time, people complain about their team mates, like it was their fault that they got into too deep pool. Just sad, sad to blame teammates for loses like that. This is not an answer to person above, just reminded me of what I have seen ingame, constant complains and excuses about own teammembers, never "wow those opponents are strong!".

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:25 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
While I agree that the matchmaking often makes matches where the outcome of the match is decided before the droppods have landed, I also feel that large ammount of Awesomenauts players have extremely negative and immature way of looking at things.

Every time someone loses, its always the fault of his teammembers. "Stupid matchmaking gave me the worst team mate ever thats why we lose". Nobody ever has the guts to say that "matchmaking gave us enemies too strong", no, every single time, people complain about their team mates, like it was their fault that they got into too deep pool. Just sad, sad to blame teammates for loses like that. This is not an answer to person above, just reminded me of what I have seen ingame, constant complains and excuses about own teammembers, never "wow those opponents are strong!".

Yea but why is it that before the XP-System people almost never complained about their team? Everybody accepted they just sucked themselves if they couldn't carry. You could only blame yourself for losing back then. Ronimo just somehow took that accountability for winning as something bad and for some inexplicable reason changed it to full team dependency where you now need your team for everything. Now we don't just lose because we're bad, but because we had * luck in matchmaking and got a horrible team to play with. I'd much rather go back to losing because I'm bad, no luck involved, and so matchmaking becomes secondary.

I honestly don't even remember people complaining about matchmaking before the XP-System, and after the XP-System is also when everything started to go downhill...

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Last edited by DeezNauts on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:16 pm 

eddster27 wrote:
Fishie wrote:
My favorite naut is still showing the one from previous season.
I thought it was relevant to the current season
Is this a bug?

It's been your all time favourite naut for about a year now. It's been reported numerous times yet I don't think Ronimo have said whether or not it is intentional.

pretty sure they said somewhere that it was intentional and one of those things they would change back with a lot of Feedback (tm)

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:32 am 

Badass Ketchup wrote:

okay, what do you want?
I just asked a question and then voiced my opinion about it.
I don't wanna show off anything, it's just for me.
*. Go troll somebody else

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:50 am 

Fishie wrote:
Badass Ketchup wrote:

okay, what do you want?
I just asked a question and then voiced my opinion about it.
I don't wanna show off anything, it's just for me.
*. Go troll somebody else

How insecure must you be to think that was directed towards you? That was a satirical post I made when I got rank 1/2 with Zold the other day in duos with 100% win rate and 90% of my games being played as Dizzy, a 'naut who I have found to be heavily underrepresented in the higher leagues. I couldn't show off this accomplishment as much as I would like due to the aforementioned "Favorite 'naut bug". I even changed my name on steam to "#1 Dizzy" to further this self-egotistical satire as shown below:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/290022155947868160/355648692730068992/20170907195447_1.jpg

The world doesn't revolve around you, take your insecurities elsewhere.

2 Balance Rules

1) No upgrade should be mandatory
2) No upgrade should outclass or be overly reliant on another upgrade

My steam
Leader of Team HDTV

Jasper wrote:
Well Lashes and Sunballs are about as strong

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:53 am 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is why tone is such a massive part of communication.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:07 pm 

Badass Ketchup wrote:
How insecure must you be to think that was directed towards you? That was a satirical post I made when I got rank 1/2 with Zold the other day in duos with 100% win rate and 90% of my games being played as Dizzy, a 'naut who I have found to be heavily underrepresented in the higher leagues. I couldn't show off this accomplishment as much as I would like due to the aforementioned "Favorite 'naut bug". I even changed my name on steam to "#1 Dizzy" to further this self-egotistical satire as shown below:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/290022155947868160/355648692730068992/20170907195447_1.jpg

Okay. When you post something relevant to my post, without providing any context that you just mentioned... how am I supposed to know all that? I don't know you, I don't know the characters you play. All I know is, I made a remark about a bug(?) and you come and make fun of it.
I also know that this forum is a toxic place, so I made some unfair assumptions about you. My apologies.

So you're saying it's completely by chance that you posted after me? My posts had nothing to do with yours? That's pretty random.
Maybe Ronimo should really change it back to the way it was.

Quote:

:party: