Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: My post that didn't get excepted on Joost's blog
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:35 pm 

eddster27 wrote:
Nuats is way closer to a MOBA than anything else.

Because the devs made it this way, not because it's god given. Why be just another boring Moba, when it should have been so much more... :tear:

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:42 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
DeezNauts wrote:
Because the devs made it this way, not because it's god given. Why be just another boring Moba, when it should have been so much more... :tear:

"Awesomenauts is a MOBA because it was literally designed to be a MOBA, instead of—say—a writing tool or a sat-nav."

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:58 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
"Awesomenauts is a MOBA because it was literally designed to be a MOBA, instead of—say—a writing tool or a sat-nav."

Then they shouldn't have designed it to look and play like Smash. :lol:

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:00 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
DeezNauts wrote:
Then they shouldn't have designed it to look and play like Smash. :lol:

Again, is the whole Smash Bros. comparison simply because Awesomenauts is 2D?

Because Smash Bros. uses 3D models and some would call that 2.5D.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:04 pm 

If you people are insistent on playing an indie 2d fighter, Brawlhalla's always there.
If you want an indie 2d MOBA, there's always Awesomenauts

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:49 pm 

i havent read any of the last 4 pages except like the last 5 posts, so forgive me if I'm replying to sarcasm, but did robochase seriously just liken Awesomenauts as being similar to TF2 because "pressing buttons does stuff"

:derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp:

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 pm 

you might be replying to sarcasm.

unrelated - i don't think nauts is anything like smash bros and i wish the comparison would stop. it has way more in common with tf2

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:55 am 

As much as I love to hate on the XP system it's not alone to blame for how one-sided almost every game is right now, it's the combination of being behind on both XP AND solar, and the solar is much worse. Yeah it sucks that an entire team could be doing 6% more damage than you, but you know what sucks even more? Being 500+ solar behind where each individual player has four more damn items than you. Levels are minor compared to this, when you lose the game with 4 items but when the enemies have 8+ it wasn't really the fault of having 6% less damage output.

The other factor in one sided matchups are just down to picks, characters like Sentry, Deadlift and Ix are pretty much unstoppable when they get good matchups. Don't have any BHS escaping characters on ribbit against sentry? You lose! No silence/instakill burst potential against ix? You lost! Playing 3 melee characters against a stall comp with commander rocket? Instant loss!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:24 pm 

Sam! wrote:
Being 500+ solar behind where each individual player has four more damn items than you. Levels are minor compared to this, when you lose the game with 4 items but when the enemies have 8+ it wasn't really the fault of having 6% less damage output.

I'll reiterate a balance change i've suggested a few times -

Change piggybank to give a dynamic amount of solar. The amount would increase based on how far behind your team is in the solar race. scale from 100-300 solar, on a solar disparity of like 0-600. I haven't thought about these numbers much so feel free to adjust. The point is - piggy bank is just sitting there waiting to be a catchup mechanic (balanced by the fact that it comes at the expense of a utility slot)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:16 pm 

Just want to point out that Ronimo literally called their last patch "Brawlee" are are talking about Brawl maps... :roll:

Again, my question was: How is it supposed to be a good Brawl game, if we have something as stupid as team levels and an XP-System that 'don't make no sense' in those games? :huh:

And stop saying the devs don't want to market this as a brawl game, because they absolutely do. It would be 10x more successful this way. (Yes, I know it's also a MOBA, but it SHOULD be both as it was intended. Also ROFLNauts is a thing).