Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: My post that didn't get excepted on Joost's blog
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 1260
Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
DeezNauts wrote:
Just want to point out that Ronimo literally called their last patch "Brawlee" are are talking about Brawl maps... :roll:

It is called that because it introduces weekly brawls—another thing we seem content to simply copy from Overwatch with zero self-awareness.

"Brawl" has practically zero connection to SSBB outside of SSBB having Brawl in its title.

Cooking Mama is not a parenting simulator, is it?

I hope not.

_________________
Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My post that didn't get excepted on Joost's blog
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:16 pm 
Offline
Ronimo Team Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:45 pm
Posts: 8954
DeezNauts wrote:
I tried to post this as a comment on Joost's blog post on matchmaking but it didn't get accepted. I wonder why. :roll: ...

Google's Blogger service handles comments automatically, your post wasn't rejected by me. Apparently for some reason Blogger thought your post was spam or you a bot or something? I don't know why it was rejected, but it's not something I had any hand in.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My post that didn't get excepted on Joost's blog
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:21 pm
Posts: 62
I still have fun playing SoloQueue, and of course i can't expect to win every match thats just not posible

_________________
Mains: :think: :sleep:

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067982905/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My post that didn't get excepted on Joost's blog
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:51 pm
Posts: 212
The Lord Protector wrote:
"Brawl" has practically zero connection to SSBB outside of SSBB having Brawl in its title.

Cooking Mama is not a parenting simulator, is it?

I hope not.

Wrong. Just look at Brawlhalla. Technically and objectively it's a much worse and much more simple game than Awesomenauts, but it's at least 20x more successful just because people think it's SSBB. This was the exact same reason Awesomenauts was successful before XP and levels changed everything. They took that whole simplicity out of 1v1 to 3v3 battles that is the whole point of SSBB. I already told you I know it's not the same damn game as SSBB (it's also a MOBA, duh), but I don't understand why they don't want to bank on the idea of being a SSBB MOBA as I think they did for the whole time before the stupid "overhaul" with the XP update that literally nobody wanted.

From then it started going down, down, down. Before that, Nauts was still growing even without unnecessary F2P. It's been like an out of control snowball rolling down the hill collecting * and controversy along the way since then.

#MakeNautsGreatAgain

_________________
The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My post that didn't get excepted on Joost's blog
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:11 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: A bunker in prep for the first AI war
Even before xp the game still had scaling and moba elements that it still has today. Nauts post xp doesn't play any different to nauts pre xp at it's core.

saying nauts is a Smash game because it's a 2d brawler is like saying Dota is an RTS rather than a moba. It may share a similar control scheme but the structure of the game very clearly separates it.

You need to stop with this god awful comparison

_________________
My steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055582507

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My post that didn't get excepted on Joost's blog
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 1260
Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
I am trying really, really hard to see what connection you are making between SSBB and Awesomenauts outside of them both being 2D.

I am failing really, really hard as well.

Awesomenauts was not successful back in its day because of anything SSBB-related: it was successful, in my opinion, because it was one of—if not the—first truly 2D MOBAs. Those that enjoyed the genre but did not want to face the vomit-inducing nature of LoL nor the difficulty spike (mountain, really) of Dota found it suited their tastes. It had a certain charm to it that Ronimo, in their insanity, have managed to destroy.

They also do not want to bank on the idea of a SSBB MOBA because, as far as I know, those two things are extremely far apart on the spectrum of genre. Take the 2D out of Awesomenauts and you get something akin to LoL, minus the truly abhorrent community and slower pace—would you say LoL is anything like SSBB?

SSBB and its related games are almost incomparable to Awesomenauts, hence why pretty much everyone in this thread is telling you that.

_________________
Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My post that didn't get excepted on Joost's blog
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:51 pm
Posts: 212
The Lord Protector wrote:
Take the 2D out of Awesomenauts and you get something akin to LoL, minus the truly abhorrent community and slower pace—would you say LoL is anything like SSBB?

No, it would be nothing like LoL.

There is no aiming or even real character control in LoL, while you can play Awesomenauts with a controller much the same as SSBB. It has absolutely profited from being similar to SSBB before the XP update, you are just denying the obvious.

I'm not saying those two games are the exact same, if you would only listen. Just like you are saying Nauts used to be like a less difficult Dota, the action felt like a less difficult SSBB at the same time. It's undeniable that the XP-System and team levels 'smashed' (pun intended) that whole aspect.

The Lord Protector wrote:
It had a certain charm to it that Ronimo, in their insanity, have managed to destroy.

At least we can agree on that, even if it's for entirely different reasons.

_________________
The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My post that didn't get excepted on Joost's blog
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 1260
Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
DeezNauts wrote:
There is no aiming or even real character control in LoL...

...w-what?

Can someone else chime in and explain this, because there is far too much thought required for this Olympic-tier gymnastics routine than I am willing to put in; I have noodles to eat.

_________________
Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My post that didn't get excepted on Joost's blog
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:51 pm
Posts: 212
The Lord Protector wrote:
DeezNauts wrote:
There is no aiming or even real character control in LoL...

...w-what?

Can someone else chime in and explain this, because there is far too much thought required for this Olympic-tier gymnastics routine than I am willing to put in; I have noodles to eat.

In Nauts you have to move the character and track what you want to attack. In LoL and Dota the characters move and attack like units in a strategy game... Not sure how you don't see the massive difference in how those games control. Dota was just a mod for Warcraft 3. Is Nauts more like Warcraft 3 in your opinion than SSBB?

:ix:

_________________
The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My post that didn't get excepted on Joost's blog
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:11 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: A bunker in prep for the first AI war
lmao this is gold

_________________
My steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055582507

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next