Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: 2 much infuriating problems that haven't allowed F2P to work
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:57 pm 

This is coming slighty heated but is the result of many issues that surged overtime after the F2P release and that actually lowered my expectations regarding ronimo as a whole.

Right after F2P's launch, started to appear servers' problem not even capable of handling a few thousand players and already started * everyone not being able to play because of that.
Then after started surging the problem of a massive wave of hackers that were ruining games for 1/2 week straight until ronimo finally solved this problem after week-end because apparently none of them could operate regarding that during week-ends, week-ends that, should I recall, are the moment where the player number count is at its peak.

THEN, after those 2 problems finally solved, tough the servers weren't perfect enough apparently to stay fully operative without having problems half of the time, and because of these 2 problem especially, the early retaining process of your F2P project had already failed at retaining new players, completely powerless Vs that * that lasted too long because your priorities were completely out of the line with your playerbase.

So, while losing a bunch of players that would've revitalized your game that was going slighty downhill, you also flooded the leaderboard with dead accounts mostly composed of those not retained players, but also composed of veterans that were brutally impacted by that wave of newbies giving galactron a tough time giving us good matches regularly (it was either good/decent or completely onesided because of rubberbanding).
This problem also showed again how garbage your ladder was, resulting in literall "boosting" of newcomers reaching L2 so easily and cramping up the ladder because they couldn't drop due to the insane amount of rating gained and increasing L2's size to the point it was actually the size of China.

And while these problems (galactron's matchmaking and rating giving) were still up to date, renegades came out, completely out of the radar and getting released in absurds states where even TedMcrelease and Godji were jokes compared to smiles ( :) ) and commander rocket (more like ICBM). 2 broken af characters with infuriating kits that were also participating at not retaining players at all and griefing games by their own presence.
And the cake in all that? When you finally came to the conclusion a season reset might solved a bunch of these problems, YOU DIDN'T EVEN NERF THESE 2 FREAKING NAUTS.
Even better, you left those 2 nauts untouched while ix was still as godtier as ever (seriously, who though giving a character more invs frames than roll's ksenia and froggy's splash was a good idea) after resetting the damn leaderboard, and for 1 month straight, the only excuse was :

"Well sorry guys, gamescom was too important right now to pass on that"

Want an advice? Before promoting a game that is in such an unstable state, I'd invite you first to quickfix and hotfix all these issues when they started surging and being on the Spotlight for too long, and even better, prevent these issues that have been repeatedly said here and there.

And while player retention has not been achieved, community (vets especially) retention hasn't been the case either, the best example of that showcased just there

V

Let's not also forget niki who just completely vanished without giving any explicit explanation while it wouldn't be hard giving an implicit one, and the list keep growing, all that caused because not only you took too long at reacting, but also your F2P model just didn't work for us, the vets that have Nothing better to do than buying a bunch of droppods and avatars.

Things are going downhill and I'm not even sure how you'll manage to sort out all nauts' problems.

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post subject: Re: 2 much infuriating problems that haven't allowed F2P to
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:45 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
At some point, it will dawn on you all that Ronimo really do not have their priorities straight

They might even do us the courtesy of replying here, although I doubt it.

Prove me wrong. Go on.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:50 pm 

Really feels like this is the end... RIP

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:10 pm 

While this post is said in a harsh tone, I agree with all the points mentionned (but the server problem - this was only during the first days, it was better after. And you can't really test it until you actually have the numbers to do it.)

The only chance you have to make Awesomenauts live again is to seriously restructure how you work internally, because there's been quite a lot of things that didn't go right.

The weekly brawl and daily missions is a very good step forward, but it should have been there from the very launch of F2P.

Still, it's not too late. You just need to get your stuff together and avoid doing stuff like releasing a character right before a convention.. Just wait until the convention is finished, and then release it. Each new feature needs some kind of support for at least a couple of days after the release. If you ca'nt provide it, just delay the release. The playerbase will understand.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:39 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
potterman28wxcv wrote:
While this post is said in a harsh tone, I agree with all the points mentionned (but the server problem - this was only during the first days, it was better after. And you can't really test it until you actually have the numbers to do it.)

Indefensible point of view, in my opinion.

Ronimo knew the system could not handle the influx of players because it could not handle the players during the free weekend before the release either.

They saw it could not survive 1,000 new players and decided, in their wisdom, to do nothing for the influx of 10,000 players after that.

potterman28wxcv wrote:
Still, it's not too late. You just need to get your stuff together and avoid doing stuff like releasing a character right before a convention.. Just wait until the convention is finished, and then release it. Each new feature needs some kind of support for at least a couple of days after the release. If you ca'nt provide it, just delay the release. The playerbase will understand.

The fact you have to explain something that should be so self-evident is a perfect sign that it might be a waste of time, all things considered.

I might be slightly more enthralled with being constructive if Ronimo could actually enage in discussion here on topics so important, but it seems not.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:32 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
At some point, it will dawn on you all that Ronimo really do not have their priorities straight

:blabl: :blabl: :blabl: :blabl: :blabl: :blabl: :blabl: :blabl: :blabl:

The Rocket thing, my god I can't let that go. Like, could they seriously not have kept Rocket in beta until after Gamercon when the game is 5 years old :fist:

I stopped playing half a year before the game went F2P. Now while F2P has rekindled my interest, how they handled the rocket thing pretty much hits you in the face that they'll always struggle with making rash decisions.

Still grateful for at least the F2P change as before I couldn't find any games but GOD the 5 year anniversary & F2P change could have been handled a lot better.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:22 pm 

While my tone is not as harsh, I do feel that the game has been in weird Beta-stage for few months all of sudden. Rocket release really was a huge game breaker I etc. Leaderboard is useless mess. Awesomepoints give nothing to old players, etc. Ive spent like 200$ buying evdry single announcer and skin there is, but lately things have been less rewarding. Id actually just rather have more skin to my fav old characters than new mess all around.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:59 pm 

Doppelganger wrote:

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I noticed all my favorite people leaving right after the XP-System, explaining that for being the reason. toilethumor, edwiener, HarryButchers... and many more. I can assure you Ronimo didn't expect the backlash after the XP update. But they didn't roll back, instead they just pushed everyone aside and pile-drove ahead with it. I think people weren't just angry and unhappy, they were confused and completely baffled by those changes. You don't just leave a game you sunk thousands and thousands of hours in. And you especially don't see multiple people like that leave at the same time and not come back, unless there is something really * wrong with what happened right before that. I don't think anybody can dispute this looking at the state the game.

But I already ranted enough about this in another thread. :shrug:

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:19 pm 

I hope Qi'Tara is the last new character in at least a long while, and Ronimo then prioritises fixing the game's current problems and oversights. You eventually end up getting to the point when new characters become the problem, not the solution.

If the art team need something to do, get them to make skins or concept art a new project.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:31 pm 

DeezNauts wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:

HarryButchers

I saw him today lol.
But I can acknowledge what you wrote here, most of my friends now play nauts less than twice per week or have even completely stopped playing.
And the face of the ladder has changed so much in 1 year lol.

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote: