Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Is Awesomenauts dying?
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:19 pm 

that's because the new playerbase from the f2p transition realized that this game sucks and they're starting to leave in bigger numbers
the only reason the game has the playercount it has is due to the f2p generating those numbers and i'd definitely argue the game is in an even worse position now that before

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:12 pm 

I don't really understand this idea that the game sucks, as you say. That's an opinion I don't share.

Would love to see it not die, really. It has great gameplay, and one of the best art and sound styles I know of any current game. It's up there with Darkest Dungeon in terms of unique, awesome style IMO.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:13 pm 

a lot of work went into making soloq less fun over the years:

* team xp is anti-soloq
* removing late joins is anti-soloq
* removing the rematch button (this was such an awesome/casual thing to do when you just finished a soloq match with a good group of people. yeah we can request to be in a party together but tbh that's very clunky, dorky, and feels somewhat intrusive)
* galactron/no late joins = longer queue times

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:59 am 
Adminaut

I dunno if the game is dying. The gameplay seems pretty solid, but it's quite old by now for what was original a very small team's project, and well it's inevitable one day it will happen. When exactly is always a crab shoot since people were probably doomsaying before Ronimo even copyrighted the name. :lolstar:

I sort of imagine that when it happens someone doomsaying is going to do the "...now!...nnnnow!- no wait....now!.... Now! YES SEE I WAS RIGHT!"

What I am noticing though is a large community decline. The forums activity has dropped dramatically to the extent I don't actually feel needed anymore to keep this place behaving because so little drama happens compared to a few years ago, and topics are quite a bit slower. It's kind of why I'm less active here nowadays: I just don't feel like there's a whole lot to interact with when there's only a few of us left. :shrug: Perhaps the community will peak back again soon. That'd be nice.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:47 pm 

Well, in order to die you just need to be alive so, technically speaking, we're all dying right now... Awesomenauts included.

THE END IS COMING!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:36 pm 

Even if the game dies there will still be small dedicated playerbase playing it. Maybe.

Winning games is nearly impossible for me

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:46 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Look at the new (delayed, might I add) release and ask yourselves this question again.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:47 am 

Awesomenauts looks like it took fairly long to make....it probably generated a good million like an early poster said. Then you have games that took far less time and are goldmines...like Five nights at freddy's. i think the problem is that most of the playerbase is L4+...anyone below just quits xD Just needs a push somehow..I guess. I think some players are tired of seeing me over and over again.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:02 am 

Location: Legends say he now resides in a cave, (waiting for someone to challenge him)
Oh puhhh lease
When has it looked alive for more than 5 minutes before going back to looking dead to any and all consumers?
Is it dying?
Its always dying friend, just very.......very......
......slowly.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

http://steamcommunity.com/id/recipefortheperfectafro/