Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Is Awesomenauts dying?
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:15 am 

I really don't mean for the title to be sensationalist. This is an honest question.

Is this game dying? I've been loosely following it the past few years and honestly I'm a little baffled at what's becoming of it. There are lots of new characters and skins, sure, and all of the menus are super shiny. There are tons of flashy systems (awesomepoints, team xp) and lo and behold the game even went free to play.

Yet when Ronimo announces a new patch on Facebook they can barely manage to get 100 likes. Free to Play seems to have done nothing to revive the game and the main website isn't even kept current. I don't even know how far behind the console versions are.

Years ago, I believed that Awesomenauts would just snowball with time. It had such lovable characters and was so addictive. Yet now, even with so many shiny features, it seems to be on its last legs. It feels like Ronimo just never had any aspirations for this game to be bigger than what it is. Was it really their intention for it to exist as a micro-community populated by the same regulars? To make announcer packs by forum moderators and push out small skin after skin for years on end? How are they even making enough money to continue to exist as a company anymore? I just don't understand at all.

Post subject: Re: Is Awesomenauts dying?
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:44 am 

Games live and die that is a fact. They all have a lifespan.
The fact that Nauts lasted this long is a testament for Ronimo that they have done a good job keeping it alive.

What I can tell you is that this game will ALWAYS have a hardcore following and will never truly die. If anything they can create an Awesomnauts 2 kickstarter and raise at least a million to create another moba and make that last for years.

The franchise will live on because after all these years there is still nothing even close like it.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:46 am 

I hope the game keeps going even as strong as now.

That said, I dont quite understand how they can keep going on as a company and pay wages to themselves with the current ammount of players. A million doesnt last that long even in a small company and low salaries btw.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:42 am 

Nauts is like that since like the three last years. I'm pretty sure you can find thread of the starstorm era saying "is awesomenauts dying" as well

♥    :party:    ♥    :facepalm:    ♥   :ksenia: ♥    :shady:    ♥    :yoolip:    ♥    :chucho:    ♥

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:57 am 

the concept of priorities is Something that ronimo hasn't grasped and understood since like...3 years?
AI 205 feedback (still garbage map)
xp system feedback (took them an entire period to not make it broken)
Starstorm feedback (still garbage map)
Matchmaking's quality, rating giving, auto-sizing of every leagues
Renegades, Overdrives, Starstorm
Community made content (still 0 map in rotation)
Promoting competitive side of the game ( V )

List can go on.

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:06 pm 

Hero wrote:
What I can tell you is that this game will ALWAYS have a hardcore following and will never truly die. If anything they can create an Awesomnauts 2 kickstarter and raise at least a million to create another moba and make that last for years.

The franchise will live on because after all these years there is still nothing even close like it.

I doubt it. When considering to put money on a Kickstarter you're evaluating three things - the concept, the feasibility, and the team competence.

Concept and feasibility are definitely there. The team on the other hand.. The art part is simply amazing. Concept part is OK. The matchmaking guy is really great - you can read his blogs he knows what he's doing.

But the communication and balance on the other hand.. And priority management.. These three last qualities are all over the place, and even though I love Awesomenauts and would support Awesomenauts 2.0 if there was a Kickstarter for it, I don't know if I'll donate more than the first tiers.

However, if Awesomenauts 2.0 is server oriented (instead of being P2P), I think that fact alone would convince me to invest :thumb:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:40 pm 

Definitely.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:35 pm 

It will live on in your heart forever.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:27 pm 

yes, but ronimo's attempts of reviving the game are so bad that it's funny

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:25 pm 

ant wrote:
yes, but ronimo's attempts of reviving the game are so bad that it's funny

Those graphs do not show a major decline in player counts. If anything, the game is doing much better now than in 2016. Dying? Perhaps. But not quickly according to this.