Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Perfect example of irrefutably broken matchmaking
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:42 pm 

Matchmaking round that occurred approximately 7:25am est 10/21/17

2 matches, match ID 7TKBG20 and 7TML320

in 7TML320, I was duo with nicklikcinil. It puts eddster on our team. Vs a Skree with about 100 hours (no way he's even league 2), a NA player definitely ranked 517, and a 3rd who seemed pretty average and also ragequit about 5minutes in. They're all soloq.

In what universe does the game see 2 league ~2,a potential league 3/4 (legit had 100 hours, played him priorly too), a league 1, and a league 1 duo and go "lets put all the L1s on the same side". Objectively, nick/I should have been opposite team of Edd.

that same matchmaking round, so that same pool of players where Galactron said "Hmm let me compile the best possible matches I can from this", Japie/Sam/Adlands played together (I think they were pre?) vs a random voltar/leon/raelynn. I have no info about their ranks but I seriously doubt they were league 1 or even high league 2. That's 7TKBG20

So the game could have 1 game completely full of league 1s and the other could have been completely full of league 2/3s. This would have happened without doubt if Ronimo implemented hard limitations to rank matchups like every single developer of a non dying game does to their matchmaking. Instead you got a guy that ragequit 5minutes in on one, and two pub stomps with final killscores of 16-5 with a length of 9 minutes and one with a final killcount of 17-1 with a length of 6 minutes.

Objectively, the skill based matchups is not a problem rooted in a lack of players. Sure, that hurts it, but that is objectively not the core issue. And objectively, the core issue is furthering amplifying the problem of a lack of players.

And no, it couldnt have been some 'balance' of ping. That wouldn't affect putting Edd on same team as Nick/I. I suppose that's plausible for why we were in a separate match from Sam's pre but end of the day I don't think I'm presuming much if I say the majority of people would agree we should have been vs each other.

Looking forward to hearing the excuses this time.

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post subject: Re: Perfect example of irrefutably broken matchmaking
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:52 pm 

It's perfectly possible that the enemy team was premade

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:53 pm 

I asked one of them and the other had a public profile and I looked at his friends list. The 3 people we played were all solo q.

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:08 pm 

WHAT?!?!!??

You had TWO, TWO, TWOOOO BAD GAMES!

That is absolutely unacceptable and this proves without a shadow of doubt that matchmaking is fundamentally broken. There can be no excuses. Anybody that suggest others is clearly just denying the truth and a shill.

Ronimo needs to fix this asap. Having two bad game out of 100 is not good enough.

/s

:glasses:

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:11 pm 

i didnt have two bad games, please read the OP

also yeah it is unacceptable. this is objectively bad and is remedied through something every single developer of modern competitive games does.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:39 am 

eddster27 wrote:
Ronimo has made the best matchmaking in any game ever and it never fails because how great it is

It's also possible you're absolutely wrong.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:55 am 

THIS is why I don't like playing with a premade. It just kills the fun for the other side and makes them more likely to quit the game. But at the same time, matchmaking is so bad that having a premade is the only way to avoid experiencing the same thing yourself. If anyone at ronimo was even close to league 2 they would know this, but they don't see those kinds of games so they have no idea what goes on. I've never heard them use the term "pubstomp" before, I can only hope they know what it means.

It doesn't feel good to completely dominate a team who has no fighting chance, but it feels even worse to be the team with no chance. So the game incentivizes you to play in such a way that makes solo queuers want to quit for good. That's not even mentioning that some people are toxic while they're in premades to add insult to injury. It's just a mess.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:25 pm 

Soloqing is fine. Nearly all my games this season have been soloq. The quality of the matchups has been good. Sure you run into premades every now and then but there are only a handful of premades capable of pubstomping anyway.

S_Fits wrote:
eddster27 wrote:
Ronimo has made the best matchmaking in any game ever and it never fails because how great it is

It's also possible you're absolutely wrong.

Also go * yourself if you are going to quote me on things I have never been remotely close to saying

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:45 pm 

I'm sorry, I must've misunderstood you, did you just call the quality of your soloq games good? Pairing league 1s together against 100 hour players, absolutely good.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:59 pm 

Is it hard to understand that hours played in a game have no effect on placement in leaderboards?

Leaderboards, may I add that have been a meme for Awesomenauts competitive scene since it's launched back in 2012 or what have you where playing 3 games netted you in league 1 if you timed it right with the reset and you'd stay there with zero rank decay for the 3 months before another reset.

I'm not disagreeing with the matchmaking being garbage, but using hours played instead of the fact 300 people play this game globally, there's hardly much to choose from in the pool.