Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: "Someone has left matchmaking"
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:49 am 

when one person leaves at character select, the 5 remaining players should be fast tracked to get a 6th player. they really shouldn't have to sit through another cycle.

Post subject: Re: "Someone has left matchmaking"
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:18 pm 

+1

Doesn't happen too often but it's frustrating when I've been waiting for 11 minutes to find a game only for someone to drop out during the character select only to wait another 10 or so minutes.

Although it's not like we'll be getting improvements to the match making system anytime soon.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:00 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
Where is that 6th player even supposed to come from? People that were in the que have already been put into a match and the timer has already been reseted.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:55 pm 

~Galactron~
  • No late joins.
  • No region preferences.
  • No blocking players.
  • Longer queue times.
Better than Steam API. :thumb:

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:19 pm 

vmar98 wrote:
Where is that 6th player even supposed to come from? People that were in the que have already been put into a match and the timer has already been reseted.

the idea is that you put the 5 remaining players into the next queue, but galactron recognizes & prioritizes them - as soon as a single good-ish matching player enters the queue, galactron sends the 6 of them into a match immediately.

of course this idea isn't perfect. you'd probably need to dissolve the group if more people leave the queue or whatever, but at least it would mean shorter queue times generally (when it works). i think if this system was clearly communicated with UI, all the remaining players would probably stick together though, since it pretty obviously means a shorter queue time.

GuyBrush wrote:
~Galactron~
  • No late joins.
  • No region preferences.
  • No blocking players.
  • Longer queue times.

yeah i mean not to * on galactron, but i agree these are all legit criticisms. it is definitely capable of producing way better matchups than the old matchmaker, but i'd say the amount of bad matches i experience is pretty comparable to the old system.

it's been pretty interesting to experience both systems though! personally i think i prefer the old system, but it's hard to say if that's just nostalgia talking. galactron throws some really unfun stuff at soloq players, like playing against the same L1 premade -five- games in a row (this actually happened to me a few nights ago), completely hopeless games ruined by a feeder, getting stuck with a bot for the whole game, etc.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:56 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
GuyBrush wrote:
~Galactron~
  • No late joins.
  • No region preferences.
  • No blocking players.
  • Longer queue times.

I really don't see the problem with no late joins since they were just stupid and I don't want to repeat again why because I already did in another thread. And second, what does it matter that you can be in a match with people that you blocked? You can mute them if you don't want to hear them and it was way too easy to abuse it.

robochase6000 wrote:
the idea is that you put the 5 remaining players into the next queue, but galactron recognizes & prioritizes them - as soon as a single good-ish matching player enters the queue, galactron sends the 6 of them into a match immediately.

Lets just be honest why would they take the time to implement this while it happenes to rarely?

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:25 pm 

vmar98 wrote:
Lets just be honest why would they take the time to implement this while it happenes to rarely?

because it's a terrible user experience. if i was new to the game and looking at a 10 minute queue time, i would immediately uninstall.