Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Dumb Dumb Dumb
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:38 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
No, it was not the only problem. This problem was quite small actually.

The bigger problem was ragequitting. Before, it couldn't be punished since there was no way to know if a disconnection was because of a ragequit or because of internet. Now there is a distinction, and as a result there has been a dramatic decrease in ragequitting.

I remember the old days where there was in average 1 or 2 ragequit per match. I remember a specific match where we saw 3 full team rotations before a L1 premade came and stomped us. No thanks, I don't want to live that again. The problem you cited is infinitely small compared to the problem of ragequitting.

I'm a biased person and genuinely don't play games for winning. I like a thrill or a challenge and I didn't personally care how many nauts were switched in or out or who joined. If the match would become exciting and give me a rush or make me enter sharingan mode then I always held that game in high regard win or lose. I purposely stalled matches just for that.

I can understand frustration in that but that isn't a big deal to me personally. I feel like the penalty for ragequitting should be 1 minute and it goes up the more you don't within a certain timeframe. However latejoin should still be a thing. Me being fair

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:44 pm 

Yeah, nothing was as annoying as playing the best you can at L4 or whatever noob I was back then, at the end of a good match someone from the opponents ragequits, and booom L1 joins and turns the table and wastes all the efforts of the 20 mins match. When someone ragequits from your team, it usually just means that you were losing anyway, and ragequitter just makes things faster, but doesnt turn the odds, unlike latejoiners who join matches far below their skill level.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:31 am 

Who said anything about removing latejoins? It reduced ragequits by a lot, which was obviously a good thing. People have been actually asking for removal of latejoins for a very long time before they did it. They also had a beta for it and didn't just dump it on people.

So what does it have to do with the XP-System??

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:13 pm 

DeezNauts wrote:
Who said anything about removing latejoins? It reduced ragequits by a lot, which was obviously a good thing. People have been actually asking for removal of latejoins for a very long time before they did it. They also had a beta for it and didn't just dump it on people.

So what does it have to do with the XP-System??

Quote:
*Team level xp doesn't make sense and should be removed for individual leveling with less overall levels. Damage upgrades should be made a mandatory purchase separate from the row to literally not interfere with the viability of upgrades and scaling. Though I suggested this approach 3 years ago and gave up on this game becoming better until they release awesomenauts settings manager. I remember telling idea to several people like canole, bad Joe etc. I hope everyone can see why I said the future of awesomenauts rely on this. No offense to the devs or art team

Didn't mean to derail but requoted the tidbit where I at least made an attempt to get back on topic lol.

Truth is xp system is a good idea but not implemented correctly with team leveling and rubberbanding. Team leveling makes it harder to balance the prices of upgrades, and does not at all favor lategame nauts making it harder to scale nauts scale proportionate to their lategame power. Rubberbanding just disproportionately favors early game pushing nauts.

If we remove it or keep it I'm indifferent about it. If it stays we need team leveling removed. If it gets removed then just lower prices across the board.

1 thing for certain is that for any of this to be even relevant. The standard damage upgrades need a different row away from utility upgrades. Keeping it this way just just creates conflict with certain mechanics.