Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: It is impossible to rank up in this game.
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:29 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Raptoriuzz wrote:
Alright, thanks for this really awesome gaming experience so far. 60 hours wasted on this game trying to like it and all I get is nothing.

This seems to be the recurring theme amongst the new players—what is left of them, anyway.

Raptoriuzz wrote:
I am simply not allowed to win I guess. Party is a no for me because the partied guys are all league 2/3 and it feels like the matches I play are all one sided and I am being * endlessly.

See above.

Raptoriuzz wrote:
Solo queue is just full of these examples where I try to win and do all my best but suddenly there are rage quitters who quit after 1-2 deaths and never come back or allies who insta die over and over and over instead of playing carefully so the matches are lost under 6-7 minutes like srsly.

See above. We have been through it all before, I can assure you.

Raptoriuzz wrote:
I didn't find myself in a trash can to never win in a rating based game because I am simply not allowed no matter what I do or how I try.

Thank you.

Being passive-aggressive towards us is not going to help one bit; we are not the developers.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:54 pm 

Gather around kids, it's story time.

I'm one of the F2P players who decided to stick with the game (yes, they exist, they're more than a mere urban myth, i tell you) and, even though i adore its gameplay and artstyle, it hasn't been a journey without its grievances and despair (alas, why i took a break from it).

The first 100 hours in this game are miserable, to say the least. You're constantly trying to figure out what's going on, figuring out which nauts suit you and which ones don't (the Skolldir matches alone would require an Anger Management Thread of its own right), while you're flamed regularly for not knowing what you're doing... keep in mind, before picking 'Nauts i had no previous MOBA experience which, admitedly, made things harder than they had to be.

However, at some point, you'll hit a breakthrough moment. The characters you chose seem to obey your every command, you tend to predict opponents more often and also tend to pull off combos with your teammates which were impossible feats until then. I'm now able to carry matches every now and then and it feels good pulling it off.

"Hey, you seem to know what you're doing. So everything is peachy and rosy now, right?" Well, not exactly... this is a MOBA after all so it's only a matter of time until its toxic nature gets to you. Poor matchmaking leading to uneven teams and laggy matches, poor matchups due to the lack of a draft system and, ya know, days where Murphy's Law applies time and time again... that's why the Anger Management Thread exists so if you ever feel like you're reaching GuyBrush levels of salt, feel free to check out on other people's misery and share your own. It helps taking the salt out of your system and it's free of charge.

Remember, kids: just 'cause you're a soloqueuer it doesn't mean you have to be a saltyqueuer!
:thumb:

To sum it all up... 'Nauts is far from being a perfect game but if you stick with it, your patience will eventually be rewarded. That's the thing, getting started in this game isn't about skill and/or effort, it's mostly about patience so if that's not your thing, it's gonna be extra miserable for you.

I'll also leave this here for future reference (all credit goes to Duskitty) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:01 pm 

... honestly, best I can think of is, maybe try to get involved with the creative part of the community? that one is nice, you can check the thread titled "
The Awesomenauts community services" there's a few discord servers there, the people are generally nice there because those places are actually moderated.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:32 pm 

Another loss because allied players don't push at all, I am the one with somewhat positive stats.

Just answer me honestly. I've reached League 5 like 5 days ago, I went from somewhat 50% win rate down to 38,55% and I have 12500 rating.

Should I just give up on further playing and trying to climb to higher league with that sh*t winrate because in most matches I have such allies who don't push, don't play carefully and stuff? Just srsly. I might be a complete idiot but I simply don't understand how to progress further with such results and when I try to win more than lose but instead I lose 10 matches per day in order to barely win once or twice... I simply don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:54 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Behold, Ronimo: F2P working as intended.

Look at all those similarly levelled players for the new players to play against—how any of them cannot enjoy being repeatedly decimated by +3,000-hour players is beyond my comprehension.

Seriously though, there is nothing we can do to help, unless you want to be carried to L1 (only to then fall back down when we stop carrying you). There are too few players.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:02 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Behold, Ronimo: F2P working as intended.

working as intended

Fixed for you :D

But a serious question: is 12500 rating 39% winrate guy League 5 for a new player just a bad thing or I should not worry about it at all.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:00 pm 

Raptoriuzz wrote:
But a serious question: is 12500 rating 39% winrate guy League 5 for a new player just a bad thing or I should not worry about it at all.

That's pretty average, although you should have a higher winrate in theory, but it's just that Matchmaking likes to screw everyone that isn't in L1/premades over

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:49 am 

pretty much the only people left are those who screamed over and over to remove every bit of casual trace from the game making it heavily competitive, from drop in-out system to heavy penalties for leaving and staying , something not even TF2 retained and the TF2 Team doesn't like communication, which speaking of, a bit late with the "mute" feature.

just a small note, casual should be part of the main matchmaking system and a game mode on it's own, community server browser barely counts for anything of this nature at all

so, you have an unforgiving game who is only enjoyed by premades and all those solo-queue special snowflakes who always find good games, can work as a team with strangers and always find "weird" how other people can't enjoy a game that has never been able to match players appropriately

"Time to chew butt and kick tobacco"

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:05 am 

... ok I know getting into a moba is pretty difficult because of the difficulty curve but can you not spread misconceptions by blaming the veteran part of the community just because F2P was handled poorly?

Majority of the playerbase left aren't competitive at all, they're just people that have played this game for ages so they have a knowledge advantage

F2P wasn't a bad idea, but Ronimo neglected the game for a month whilst preparing for gamescon despite numerous warnings from the veteran community.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:00 pm 

Gameinsky wrote:
...F2P wasn't a bad idea, but Ronimo neglected the game for a month whilst preparing for gamescon despite numerous warnings from the veteran community.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote: