Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Do Awesomepoints do anything at all?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:20 pm 

please refer to the link of my signature for a comparison between what the community hoped it would be to that of what we currently have

so, i pretty much had everything before the game was f2p, i don't see the difference between f2p and the discounts of 5, 2 and 1 dollars this game used to have but whatever, as i said if people isn't willing to pay $1 for the game much less for bunch of $5 packs for a f2p game.

the thing is, the few times i played, mostly for testing beta characters i kept stockpiling Awesomepoints, the avatars i don't own are those of the skins i refused to buy, not that any of the avatars hold any artistic merit at all or are unique or in fact, worth buying a completely optional cosmetic skin but besides that, do AP have any meaningful use?

also notice you have to navigate all over the place just to find in what to spend parts/Awesomepoints, is not even clear where you can spend them or on what to spend them

"Time to chew butt and kick tobacco"

Post subject: Re: Do Awesomepoints do anything at all?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:52 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Awesomepoints can be used to purchase the 'Nauts that everyone already has.

Wait.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:54 pm 

They don't.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:30 pm 

Awesomepoints were always way overhyped. Unless you have enough customization to merit micro-transactions, then what's the point? You need something like hats or different guns in the first place, but we all know it probably wouldn't work with the art style.

Now we have just a hand full of drop-pods that you can see for a few seconds when you spawn, and profile pictures that are literally the most boring idea for micro-transactions. That's why they aren't even selling profile pics, they know that nobody would actually pay for something like that.

I always thought they should just stick with skins and concentrate on the core game. They probably earn 100 times more with those skins than anything that you can buy with Awesomepoints. And I actually don't think Ronimo has any plan how to change that.

So they took all this time to implement something that everybody was hyping, but ultimately failed because there was no plan to actually make money from it. The end result of all that work is people scratching their head about it, like you are doing right now.

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Last edited by DeezNauts on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:41 pm 

adventure points

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:51 am 

Ronimooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Can I have gold weapons pliz?
P L I Z?

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:51 am 

blood points

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:34 pm 

I didn't spend a single Awesomepoint so far on anything over than droppods. I see 0 interest for me to buy a profile pic.. Awesomepoints kinda look like a score for me. Maybe I'll go to the hall of fame of having the most Awesomepoints. lol

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:26 pm 

I believe AP are a way to measure how awesome you are, much like older arcade games main focus' used to be getting a big score. That makes you all incredibly awesome people so, go ahead, rejoice for your new found social status. After all, is that not what we all hope to achieve and bask in, sheer awesomeness?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:48 pm 

monkeybusiness wrote:
I believe AP are a way to measure how awesome you are, much like older arcade games main focus' used to be getting a big score. That makes you all incredibly awesome people so, go ahead, rejoice for your new found social status. After all, is that not what we all hope to achieve and bask in, sheer awesomeness?

I hope they implement a "Share your AP score to Facebook" feature soon

"potterman has scored 98042 awesomepoints! He is *that* awesome! Can you do the same? Join us at awesomenauts dot com!"