Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Awesomenauts Wiki and guides
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:12 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Post any guides you have in this sticky topic! :)

Here is the Awesomenauts Wiki:

http://awesomenauts.wikia.com/wiki/Awesomenauts_Wiki

And here is a guide to playing Awesomenauts:

Awesomenauts 101 - Tips for new and old players alike!

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts Wiki and guides
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:16 am 

dont underestimate lifesteal, that is all :ugeek:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:22 pm 

My Derpl 1.4.1 guide (PC)
Not the best guide by any means just some tips for my Derpl build.
Build
trap duration, nuke damage, nuke radius
range, stun, damage
range, attack speed, damage
paid health, natural healing, Free health

progression
Free health+ siege~>range~>trap/nuke~>stun~>turret damage~>nuke damage~>nuke radius~>trap duration~>cats
note: buy health/healing whenever you feel like you need them.

First grab free health and siege. Play defensively and farm creeps until you can get range upgrade. Once you have the range upgrade you can slightly out range almost every turret in the game. (the only one you can't being the second bottom turret on Ribbit) When preparing to out range turret be away that you must siege at the perfect spot or you will miss or be within turret range. You should also note that Leon's tongue, Lonestar's bull, or even an enemy player pushing you slightly towards the turret could mean death.

After you have turret range buy trap/nuke. Place traps similar to Yuri mines. Cover commonly traveled areas such as jump pads, escape routes, and bushes. Traps can also be used specific to the enemy characters your playing. For example, if thier is an enemy Froggy G. place a trap right before u siege. This way when/if Froggy dashes you he will be trapped within turret range and most likely die. Also similar to Yuri mines, if you place a trap while the enemy player and yourself are touching they will become trapped. Be away that you do not want to place traps that an easily be jumped over or be wasted on creeps/voltar drones. You can do this by placing them slightly above walking level however don't place them too high or the smaller characters will walk right under them.

Use the nuke as a crowed control/turret killing tool. It is slow and does not do great damage unupgraded. However, most players will run when they see it coming. This means you can use it to help distract the enemy team while you push or make them back off from attacking your turret/creeps.

Next buy stun. Do not rely on stun as it is random. With stun you should be able to start hitting people with the nuke and punishing anyone that tries to 1v1 you. Next buy turret damage. This will make you chip away at turrets fairly quickly as well as deal substantial damage to anyone to gets within range. You should now have the dps to take down anyone low health who enters you turret range. Try to siege up and block enemy escape routes during team fights this may cause them to divide their attention between you and your teammates and get you many kills from low health fleeing enemies.

Now buy nuke damage/radius. You should begin to use the nuke as a burst tool instead of cc now. Do not jump into siege near an enemy group without back up even if you land the nuke on all 3 of them you will likely die in the process. Try to control choke points and use the nuke to bring down their turrets if you are able. Do not fire a nuke at an enemy turret if they are near and not in the direction of the turret. You don't want to die from a loss of you massive burst tool that you just used on a turret.

Buy heal/healing whenever you feel like you need it. I suggest buying tier 1 healing early in the game as it helps you stay in the action longer. Something to remember is if you are 2/3 health or lower do not enter a fight unless you are sure you can win. As Derpl you need to maintain high hp all the time if possible, because you cannot run effectively. If you get below 3/4 health and do not have Medican, get health front he jungle or shop. I would save the 50 healthpacks for your allies, but do not keep fighting unless you have to.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:24 pm 

Yay Joost! Awesome thread is awesome. I'm reserving that space for when I have more time on my hands to write a Clunk guide.

Nazdagor was here. :3

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:50 pm 
Adminaut

A grand sticky, Joost. Here's to hoping it serves its purpose for those around us!

I shall surely have to take part in lending aid for some Coco builds, as all too often I don't see much variation. It saddens me a great deal to see Coco's hiding behind their turrets waiting for their Ball Lightning to come off cool down.

I've been practicing with the new Heavenly Fire for a Blaze build, and it's coming along quite swimmingly for team play. Once I add some more polish to it, if it proves to be as useful as I believe it to be, I'll toss it up over here.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:27 am 

+1
My support for anything that promotes the wiki. :D

Feel free to add your builds to the wiki. The more then better.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:58 am 

Do we need a translation for the theme songs? I could probably do that, if it's needed.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:25 am 

That wiki really needs updating on the builds. It has abilities that aren't in the game anymore, like froggy g tornado attack speed.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:06 pm 
Adminaut

Pourvoir wrote:
That wiki really needs updating on the builds. It has abilities that aren't in the game anymore, like froggy g tornado attack speed.

Huh? Boom Box is still in the game, it increases his attack speed, and thus increases his attack damage. ;)

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:15 pm 

I think it just adds +2 damage to the tornado hits now instead of the attack speed. At least thats how I understand it currently is. (unless it's changed in 1.6)