Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 207  Next

Post subject: Re: Top 100 - A Glance at 'Naut Usage
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:05 pm 

Niko wrote:
(That said, Lonestar actually is the best character in the current build.)

How in the world do you come to that conclusion, when Froggy G has the highest DPS, faster movement speed, invulnerability, damage absorption, damage reflection, high stun, high damage attacks and the best retreat options?

All Lonestar as over Froggy G is better air maneuverability and the pushing Bull which is situational at best. He loses out in speed, damage and function.

Heck, even Leon has better damage and DPS, in addition to criticals and a means to keep enemies from retreating.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:12 pm 

Yeah, Lonestar is best :)

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:12 pm 

RandomPersonGuy wrote:
Niko wrote:

How in the world do you come to that conclusion, when Froggy G has the highest DPS, faster movement speed, invulnerability, damage absorption, damage reflection, high stun, high damage attacks and the best retreat options?

All Lonestar as over Froggy G is better air maneuverability and the pushing Bull which is situational at best. He loses out in speed, damage and function.

Heck, even Leon has better damage and DPS, in addition to criticals and a means to keep enemies from retreating.

Well I believe the fact that Lonestar is one of the best Pushers in a game about getting to that Final Core. Froggy can do a lot of things, but it takes time. Lonestar can star pushing right out of the drop and be very competent, especially when you have a team backing him up. I believe Froggy is one of the best as well, but I definitely would put Lonestar up there as well.

Forum Code of Conduct!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:13 pm 

Lonestar's job is to kill turrets and win games. His hyperbull gives an 80 HP shield every 6 seconds, and his Trinamite gives him 60 burst damage with 21 lifesteal every 5 seconds. Lonestar has the 2nd best in-lane sustain of all the `nauts right now (only beaten by Clunk).

That 80 HP shield saves allies, pushes turrets, kills droids. It gives allies the 2 or 3 seconds needed to take down a turret quickly.

Lonestar is the best kind of top tier `naut. He isn't overpowering at all, but he's clearly one of the best `nauts right now. He does all the jobs necessary to win the game: pushing turrets, killing droids, and adding reliable burst damage to the team. He can save team-mates, he can sustain himself with lifesteal, he can use booming bullets to attack turrets and the drill in creative ways, and his triple jump makes him one of the least predictable characters in footsienauts.

Lonestar also requires a fair amount of skill to use due to his low speed and weak blaster.

Froggy G's problem is that he needs to get close to do damage. While RBAY is a great counter to many builds, Lonestar's exploding Hyperbull handles almost everyone except its from a very safe distance. At higher levels, I'm beginning to see Froggy Gs who address their range and in-lane sustain issues by getting +range instead of shotgun. Froggy G is a newbie friendly character assassin, but doesn't push up against turrets very well.

Froggy G, while good, doesn't play Footsienauts as well as the rest of the top tier characters either. Lonestar plays footsienauts with very safe hyperbulls every 6 seconds, while Froggy G has to wait for the opponent to make a mistake before moving in.

I'm fairly certain that Lonestar + Hyperbull + Trinamite hurt turrets far more than Froggy G RBAY. Worse, Tornado / RBAY sets you up to get ganked in high level play. Its a good attack, but very high risk / high reward. Once you go tornado, you are trapped in it and can't splash dash out. Leons can use +Silence and Tongue to cancel out your tornado and punish you for overextending.

Of course, Froggy G is also one of the top nauts, due to his high burst and high DPS. But I feel like Lonestar contributes more to his team than Froggy G overall.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:33 am 

Interesting week! The 11th Awesomenaut is on her way and so we can turn to how the current 10 will fare in usage for being sniped!

Lonestar - 19 (--)
Froggy G - 16 (-3)
Leon - 32 (+3)
Clunk - 6 (-3)
Voltar - 7 (+3)
Yuri - 3 (--)
Coco - 9 (-6)
Derpl - 8 (+6)
Gnaw - 0 (--)
Skølldir - 0 (--)

Lonestar stays where he is, going back into 2nd position behind the always popular Leon who, despite him being looked at thousands of times, still finds ways to become a game changer. Maybe they should just lob his arms off at this point and have him hump people to death.
Froggy G at 16% is sort of curious...are they migrating to the other brawler Skolldir now? It'd make some sense despite their obvious aesthetic differences and playstyles. Clunk is back to his lower end usage due to his load-outs still primed for beginners and not high-level play; Voltar is up probably because premades are finding some good use from him and may go in tandem to Derpl. I'm sort of amazed Coco has gone down this much.
Poor Yuri. Looks like the little monkey may need some sniper love. :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:
Anyway you know who you are in the leaderboards and I got to ask: you going to change who you play or you staying the same until the end of time?
Guess we'll find out next week.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:42 pm 

November 2nd Usage -

Lonestar - 13 (-6)
Froggy G - 19 (+3)
Leon - 29 (-3)
Clunk - 11 (+5)
Voltar - 8 (+1)
Yuri - 4 (+1)
Coco - 12 (+3)
Derpl - 4 (-4)
Gnaw - 0 (--)
Skølldir - 0 (--)
Raelynn - 0 (--)

The patch just arrived so don't expect massive ripples until next week. I'm expecting a lot more Lonestar, Voltar, and a lot less Leon and Yuri usage. Interesting to see Clunk push up so high.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:10 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

We are working on fixing that Gnaw, Skolldir and Raelynn don't show up in the Leaderboards, and it turns out that we actually have their number-of-plays in the save-game, so I expect that the next patch will not only fix that they are not counted, but will also immediately update them for who has been playing them a lot before the patch. :)

Also, thanks for keeping this up to date, really interesting to see the stats evolve from week to week! 8-)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:09 pm 

Except for Leon, the usage of 'nauts seems balanced. Hope we getting more Yuri and Voltar with the new changes, and finally some Gnaw and Skolldir numbers. However, I don't see Raelynn getting some much representations for now D:

And good to see there's a lot of Coco's :mrgreen:

Tired talking about balancing, so good news for you guys! No more wall of texts coming from me ;p

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:27 pm 

I'm in top 100 as Yuri, though I've been maining Voltar for some time already :<

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:38 pm 

Niko wrote:

I disagree with this. Lonestar isn't bad, but he has quite a few flaws that hold him back. He is a great pusher and can deal good damage, but he has one of the worst survivabilities in the gamne. He is one of the slowest characters, has one of the lowest HP and his only escape mechanic is the bull. I'd saw he is squishier than Froggy, Leon or Coco because of this. He is great at pushing, but can suffer in a one on one fight.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 207  Next