Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Locked track
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:19 am 

Dear dev,

You've made such a nice fine game in all respects.

Now why the hell would you lock a track?

I bought the game to have some fun with my gf, neither of us has any racing skill whatsoever but we still like to play silly racers like this one. But 1 of the track, which makes 20% of all tracks is locked until you complete the supersonic champ. I won't even bother completing the sonic speed because I don't care about racing against the computer.

Seriously, what is the logic behind locking stuff from players? I thought this is one thing that is universally understood as a stupid idea, just like unskippable cutscenes.

Really, such a nice game, why would you lock parts of it?

Post subject: Re: Locked track
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:11 am 

Wow, a Proun post!

...Sorry, I've not played Proun so I can't help you with this.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:35 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Games need rewards and one of the most fun type of reward is unlocking something playable. It is impossible to unlock something if nothing is locked in the beginning. Most games racing games have tracks that are not immediately available.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:12 am 

Racing games don't limit your track selection if you want to play with friends. And definitely not if they only have 5 tracks.

Anyway but eventually I did bother to do the sonic speed championship but super sonic is way beyond what I can do. Well since I'm better at disassembling games than racing, I'm probably gonna find another way to unlock it. Looks like fun stuff for tweaking actually.

Edit: okay that's one fine track, now again why would you lock the best track int he game? Crazy :lol: :shock: