Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: RankCheck - Automatic leaderboard lookup tool [v1.3]
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:35 pm 

DeezNauts wrote:
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
can we just have a draft mode so counterpicking will be a natural thing

Yes! How is it that all other big mobas have this and it's somehow impossible with Awesomenauts? It's not like they didn't try.

As long as it's its own separate mode or optional for when you que (and then it matchmakes appropriately, obviously). :glasses:

Makes me wonder if both modes/options should be integrated into the same rankings... :think:

Oh well, a topic for another thread. :tongue:

(I'm just trying to find any excuse to post these smilies :ksenia: )

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:14 pm 

It would be neat if there were a way to have rankcheck work for games that have already passed. like if you didn't have the tool open during the game, or you were looking through your replays a day or two later and wanted to look up the players in the game.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:18 pm 

As of Awesomenauts patch 4.2, RankCheck no longer works.

The removal of SteamIDs from the game's network logs (until the game is exited) does indeed prevent old versions of the tool from being used for counterpicking during character selection, but it also prevents its legitimate use for displaying player information during a match (particularly as a stream overlay).

Unless a log entry containing the resolved SteamID and team of each player in the match is added to the network log, there does not appear to be a way to make RankCheck work for 4.2, at least not during matches. I can try to add support for viewing player info from replays instead, however.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:28 pm 

What the * they just told you to make that so your tool dosen't allow you to see enemies on selection screen and allowed it to be launched and then 2 weeks later they make it useless.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:26 pm 

rybakowsky wrote:
What the * they just told you to make that so your tool dosen't allow you to see enemies on selection screen and allowed it to be launched and then 2 weeks later they make it useless.

That seems like a pretty thoughtless way of handling things indeed. Is it not simply possible to have the output of the SteamIDs to the ApplicationNetwork1.log file delayed until the game starts? It's quite disheartening to think that Maru's efforts in developing this tool would end up being for naught.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:51 pm 

I don't know at these things but wouldn't it be possible for rankcheck to check player steam name and then search it in nautsrankings?

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:07 am 

... crickets from Ronimo.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:24 pm 

ty ronimo for banning the software that literally only one person complained about (also because that one person was * that he couldn't create a software that complex), and then making the sofware unable to use, because ronimo are so * dumb they can't figure out if one update is gonna cause problems for other things.
Sorry Marukyu you spent so much time creating a software for a game that the devs couldn't even bother spending 10 minutes to check if the updates were gonna break it or not.

I'm just a living meme trying to find justice in this cursed realm.
To quote Shakespeare "this game is dying fast lol".

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:23 pm 

I think Maru owes more than just an apology from Ronimo. He spend a lot of time creating the tool, then took the time to adjust the tool to meet Ronimos requirements only to find out a week later his work was in vain. Removing the required inputdata altogether was the most convenient option eventhough rankcheck needed it at the start of a match

At the very least there should be a inside discussion at ronimo at how things can work out. Joost was eager to follow Rankchecks development and gave tips, but now a small effort has to be made on their end and.... Marukyu is left with no compromise. Simply rude and not how you treat your active community members in my opinion.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:01 pm 

I can't believe there is no plan to bring this back. Rankcheck was so helpful at alleviating some frustration and confusion, like when you get stomped one match and get 20 kills the next. Oh its cuz look, I was fighting against rank 50 when I'm around 7,000 that makes sense. Shame on you Ronimo. Fix it.

Or just add a persons ranking or league next to their name. Literally ANYTHING.