Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Least enjoyable nauts atm
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:25 am 

Location: Legends say he now resides in a cave, (waiting for someone to challenge him)
So first off. the competitively banned nauts are not to be discussed as they are too easy targets to be deemed as the least enjoyable to play/play against.

With that being said, this is very interesting to me. As more and more nauts get buffed, nerfed and released it feels like every time we go through this endless cycle another naut gets affected in a negative way, either they feel nothing like day did a day prior or there's no longer a challenge in playing those nauts, or the newest addition to the cast adds yet another counter to that naut, or even naut archetype that they didn't need.
(shamelessindirectmentiontocommandereventhoughisaidnorocketsallowed.webm)
I personally have a couple nauts I find boring or straight up painful to play as that i'd like to share.
I'd like to hear the communities' picks.
General begginer bias/salt is to be expected from me so, sorry but respect my silly opinions :thumb:

Skølldir
I Think skolldir. Even after the million nerfs and changes he's had, still has a disgusting amount of potential for destroying almost all of the nauts. I however, don't enjoy playing skøll currently. His upgrades are extremely hard to get access to, playing him as an exclusive damage dealer involves him getting absurd amounts of rewards before he can really get to bashing things to death, the stunlock meta is both frustrating to build and to play against and the pricing is absolute grycworm.

Genji
Genji's skills are still really satisfying and have a lot of potential on their base kit and can be a grand time with a friend or full group. key word "CAN"
generally its just people getting extremely mad at you for making 1 mistake with cocoon, not using monarch blessing in a frame perfect way and so on. just generally frustrating without all the cool dps upgrades and the speed buff on monarch blessing.

Derpl/Yuri
Ya'll already know what's up with these two, pooping area denial moves is dumb, shooting area denial moves didn't work as a fix, their area denials are both, too frequent and too instantly effective, using them for area denial groups isn't as effective and their aa's feel like afterthoughts.

Gnaw
I'm just not a fan in the slightest, he's too easy to counter, a lot of his damage upgrades make no sense, weedling area denial is fun but I hate the way the cd works and other than the spit row, cc feels its not what the character is even intended to be, I usually look at gnaw and think he feels fun, but then I decide to actually pick him and realise how weird his design is compared to most other characters.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

http://steamcommunity.com/id/recipefortheperfectafro/

Post subject: Re: Least enjoyable nauts atm
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:30 am 

you need a competitive scene to have competitive banned nauts.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:46 am 

Location: Legends say he now resides in a cave, (waiting for someone to challenge him)
Wakkabanana wrote:
you need a competitive scene to have competitive banned nauts.

Oh right because there are currently no competitions going on.
Absolutely none.
But to be fair, just the fact that I'm basing that statement over a single upcomming tournament is proof of how misserable the competitive scene is, though It definitely shouldn't be disregarded.

Kewn wrote:

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:42 pm 
Adminaut

...is this unfun to fight or unfun to play?

Character Hitbox Thread (Rocket added)

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:29 pm 

Not enjoyable to play: Dizzy. It feels like I'm scratching pitifully at the opponents health while my own low health means one mistake and I get deleted.

Not enjoyable to play against: Nibbs. Firebreath doesn’t feel as punishable as I'd like it to be, either because of the shield, speed boost, or tele-orb. A shield that allows a Firebreath using Nibbs to comfortably tank a max damage explode Clunk seems like a bit much.

And nothing jumpscares me more than a Teleport Orb popping outta nowhere to zork me.

Murderchild did nothing wrong. :ayla:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:23 pm 

FishmanDerp wrote:
...is this unfun to fight or unfun to play?

Both, if it were least enjoyable to 'play as' exclusively it would be in the title.

Kewn wrote:

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:31 am 

Not fun to play as; Yuri, since I cant do much else as him than spam mines at random locations and hope someone steps on those. Trying to laser someone just gets myself killed.

Not fun against; Ix, he just nullifies completely too many nauts, and can carry a bit too well. He requires skill to use, so he is not cheap, but I still dislike playing against such a hard counter naut.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:42 am 

Not fun to play against: Chucho. The original harrasser. Self-destruct on Ramona is irritating to contend with. I suppose it's a sign he's in a good place, but playing against a good Chucho gets under my skin in a way that nobody else in the cast does.

(Aside from a certain projectile-spamming overpowered * * * * that has wrecked the metagame, but whom we won't talk about)

Not fun to play as: Derpl. And it makes me sad, because Ronimo made absolutely sure Cat Derpl was no longer a thing. I just wanted to spit out 200 damage AA cats, Ronimo. Why must you deny me my one joy in life?!