Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Fan naut Quet Morgi
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:00 pm 

Quet Morgi-
Appearance- He’s a lawn Gnome on a plastic flamingo
Lore
Before most races were born there was an intersteallar empire, controlled by the Louwn Noims. After a war with the Fumanchuians, a race of sentient facial hair, the Louwn Noims found themselves frozen completely motionless in a form of hypersleep, and shrunken to about a foot in hieght, with their trusty steeds, the Flumangos frozen with them. Finding themselves decorating various gardens across the universe for an unknown reason yet to be discovered (a popular theory has to do with their pointy hats, which means they can be used as lawndarts in case you run out.). After an unfortunate incident involving pesticide and liquid fertilizer getting all over the place, Quet Morgi found himself reanimated along side his loyal stead Ferdinando, vowing to restore the Noimish Empire to its former glory. Realising he was far to small to use most of his equippment however, Quet began ransacking the garden for new weapons
Design
I want a character who can spam abilities from a decent range, but not make it so he cant be reached and wont have many options when people actually close the distance, and since im bad with numbers ill just say low, moderate or high for what he can do and add numbers in later
Low health and movespeed, smallish in height
(Right Click)-Syrup Bomb: Quet tosses out a jar of maple syrup in an arc than doesn’t need to be charged up and has a small explosion, it does low damage but puts a 33% slow on any enemy it directly hits, the same amount of damage but a 22% slow on enemies caught in the radius, and if it hits the ground leaves a small syrup splatter that last for 1 or 2 seconds, slowing enemies who walk through it by 11% (jumping is fine though) can be spammed with a lowish cooldown but the projectile can be destroyed midflight.
Upgrades-
-Good ol’ Moonshine: Allies who step in Syrup Puddles gain increased regen 3 tiers
(Now only Illegal in 66% of the galaxy)
-Spicy Molasses Sauce:all parts of the Syrup Bombs slow are now doubled (33-66, 22-44, 11-22)
(one of the most confusing condiments around, made up of mustard, sugarcane and Jalepeno’s)
-Extremely Hard Cider: Syrup Bombs damage is increased by 37.5% 2 tiers
(So hard it can break bones by bumping into it)
- Bee Juice: Puddle know applies a dot to enemies, 2 tiers
(No, this is no honey, this is made from bees, not by bees)
-Woken Oats: Syrup bomb has an increased radius of 50% and now leaves a puddle twice as large
(Famous Noimish Philosopher Zenn discovered how to make this after 754 days of meditating by the most radioactive parts of the universe)
- Plain old Yogurt: Enemies in puddles take 10% more damage, has 3 tiers
(i cant come up with anything witty right now so i’ll add the rest of these later)
(Middle Click)-Grapeshot: Fire 9 grapes in a spread that all do low damage, but can ricochete off terrain 8 times, getting stronger by 20% each ricochete up to 5 times, have an extremely small knockback and do no damage to structures on a moderate cooldown
Upgrades-
-Frozen Birdbath: enemies hit by 5 or more Grapes are rooted in place for .3 seconds
-Beerbarrow: boost the bonus grapes get on ricochete to by 10% 2 tiers
- Squirrel Trap: adds a grapefruit that rolls along the floor dealing high damage on impact 2 tiers (additional tiers just increase damage)
-Cherry Bombs: Grapes now explode on contacting enemy nauts or when they stop bouncing
-Besticide : Grapes lower cooldown on impact 2 tiers
-Agrappetation Fertilizer: adds an additional grape 3 tiers
(Left Click)-Peashooter: Fire a burst of 3 peas out at the enemy, each pea counts as it’s own projectile and fires in a straight line, the peas to fairly low damage but can be fired from a long range. Attack speed is moderately fast.
Upgrades-
-4 peas in a pod: add 1 pea to your burst 2 tiers
-Pea soup: deal more damage the further they travel 3 tiers
-Lima Peas: Double the already long range, but the range you can damage structures is not increased and the bonus from pea soup does not stack
-Black Eyed Peas: Landing 12 peas in # seconds will blind the opponent 2 tiers (increased blind duration
-Frozen Peas: Peas now pierce enemies
-Podcast: Hitting enemies reveals them on the minimap for 2’s as long 2 tiers
(Jump)- Springy flamingo- Ferdinando can hold the jump button before jumping to transfer horizontal mobility for vertical mobility
Upgrades
-Pills
-Medi-can
-Wraithstone
-Piggy
-Boots
-Baby Kuri-mammoth
Because i’m boring and feel bad for wraithstone
Feedback is Appreciated[size=50][/size]

Post subject: Re: Fan naut Quet Morgi
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:18 pm 

Hmmmmm. Looks pretty good all around after a quick skim, but one glaring number issue is the nature of grapeshot's grapes. How long is the range, and they affected by gravity?

Overall, it seems like a good start, needs more numbers to start working toward balance, but sounds like a decent concept all around. Not my favorite idea in the world, mind you, but decent nonetheless.

GUESS WHO'S BACK?! nope, I'm still dead.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:35 pm 

Alphanoob393 wrote:
Hmmmmm. Looks pretty good all around after a quick skim, but one glaring number issue is the nature of grapeshot's grapes. How long is the range, and they affected by gravity?

Overall, it seems like a good start, needs more numbers to start working toward balance, but sounds like a decent concept all around. Not my favorite idea in the world, mind you, but decent nonetheless.

Thanks, I'm pretty terrible with numbers (and art, and humor) but I have a philosophy for balance and design, balancing mechanicly over numberly as numbers are easy, anyway my idea with the grapes was they would be long range, but you have very little control over were they go, gravity won't effect them, but droids can body block them

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:52 am 

People still make these? Pretty good actually

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:10 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
I had not forgotten to check the subforum, honest.

Please have a look at some of the other submissions that have appeared and take formatting advice from there—half of the work is making the text look good on the page itself, so having a massive block with zero embellishment makes reading it difficult (and could cause people to skim over your hard work).

The abilities actually seem quite interesting, although I cannot go into much detail without specific numbers. Syrup Bomb could be considered to be quite annoying if it is an easily spammable, decent slow in an AoE (we hate those), but I love its upgrades. If you want to flesh it out, range would be helpful.

Grapeshot is also interesting, but I can see it being very polarising on some maps and useless on others: the crawlspace on Aiguillon could be a deathtrap, and Sorona would be very hard to use it well on. Still, the richochet idea is nice. When making abilities with increasing damage (+20% per richochet), damage is important to know.

Peashooter is an AA and an okay one at that, just be careful not to ake it too good at harassing from extreme range, otherwise people would complain.

I like the upgrades across the board; they are much better than the boring +24% damage and +50% range.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:16 am 

I actually the grapeshot idea a lot. In fact, I think it, or something extremely similar should replace Rocket's laser trap. As of right now, not only does Rocket have a get out of jail free card, but he doesn't have to stick around for the majority of his late-game damage (laser trap). A grapeshot would be SO COOL, it would fit his rocket theme, and it would require him to actually stand still for a little bit.