Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Rexic Halloween Art Contest! 75$ top prize
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:19 pm 

Thanks so much, Kathy and ScR :oops:

By the way, i love that Swiggins as Medusa idea. I mean that's so creative that i laughed. Would've thought of Ayla, Yoolip or Coco wearing Medusa costumes, but Swiggins upside down?! The ball has been knocked out of the park!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:05 am 

Sorry for the delay. Here are the winners!
in first place, Luckytime
Second place is lowgrasswhite
third place is mukorka and Emilycreative

and honorable mention to skylark. Great work on the commission.

I shall be contacting the winners and then the entrants so you can pick your codes. If you used my recruit code, please let me know what your ingame name is so i am able to check and verify it.

"There's only one booty to appease my blasted urges"
:kiss: #Coco's Booty :kiss:

Last edited by Rexic The King on Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:51 am 

:blabl: Wow, it feels unreal to get first place. Major thanks to Rexic the Bamf for hosting this contest. I really need to sleep but here are my thoughts for some of the entrants:

EmilyCreative - I loved your entry the second I saw it. Very creative indeed and well executed.

canathewolf - I DO like it! The effects are great and overall it's very polished. :thumb:

MeteorKid - You definitely win the gold for sheer number of entries. It was a blast to see all your creative ideas. Raelynn as Samus is brilliant.

mukorka - Really nice job with your entry. I don't particularly care about either of those characters, but the way you drew her and the lighting is just so good. Congrats on third!

lowgrasswhite - This is great, I'd say this style works really well! Those areas of solid black are something I was actually trying to incorporate into mine but I cut the idea because I couldn't make it work. It was supposed to look like a comic book page but with more detail. Anyway, yours is definitely a worthy finalist and I have to give you props for drawing something different instead of drawing coco yet again. Congrats on second!

Boy Skylark - Even though it's not an entry I think this one is genuinely the creepiest of the bunch. Awesome job, it definitely deserves to be seen by more people.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:23 pm 

Noice! Luckytime, well done on your winning entry, it's certainly way cool! :bluecheer: :redcheer: By the way, thanks for the props on not drawing Coco, but why would i? I take every opportunity i get to not draw her when it's not a requirement, lol. :CocoWink:

And the Scarecrow Leon is very pretty too, well deserving of a prize. Of the Mukorka entry, i can't say much as i don't even know the game it's from, but hey, it looks great and polished and what else you need? :D

Thanks guys for entering so many nice artworks, and big thanks to the mighty art judge Dinosaur, for hosting. :clap:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:10 pm 

Rexic The King wrote:
Sorry for the delay. Here are the winners!
in first place, Luckytime
Second place is lowgrasswhite
third place is mukorka and Emilycreative

and honorable mention to skylark. Great work on the commission.

I shall be contacting the winners and then the entrants so you can pick your codes. If you used my recruit code, please let me know what your ingame name is so i am able to check and verify it.

Awww!! I absolutely can’t believe i came third! Everyone made such amazing Creative peices of art, and the venom DEFINATLY deserved Its first place!!!! Congrats to everyone❤️❤️

Post subject: Rexic Halloween Art Contest! 75$ top prize
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:31 am 

Congratulations to everyone who won. Those last few artworks were crazy good.

Maybe next time state that this is a best artwork wins contest or most detailed artwork, maybe have a detailed outline of criteria for winning artwork.
I feel like if I had known that I needed a background and more color I would have had a better chance.