Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [fan naut] Calm, the queen of carbon copied chaos
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:08 am 

backstory:
Sentry: "So you want to learn more about Calm? What are you up to? It'll find us both."

Max: "What do you mean? Do you believe the rumors, or do you know something? Are you conspiring with it, if one is really alive?"

Sentry: "How did- Uh, I mean- Commencing declassified document playback: Coordinated Assault Logistics Manager V-41, henceforth referred to as Calm, was just a small, low side experiment at first to create a fully autonomous, unkillable general to replace the old logistics manager robots. The Zeroes succeeded. She was undoubtedly a force to be reckoned with in her prime, but as the war dragged on, the Ones began to notice a method to her madness and when her next strike came, they were waiting. She retreated in the star storm station and was presumed killed when the deactivation signal was armed. So far the reemergence of the Zeroes has been disorganized, scattered, and frankly, a cake walk to deal with in comparison to when they had thousands of logistics managers and the Calm project leading their endless onslaught. But when Star Storm was reactivated during the Omicron crisis, rumors have begun spreading about "a pack of killer robots" running loose in the catacombs of Aigullon bearing the Zero as well as an unidentified insignia, leading some to speculate that a logistics AI has been revived. Ending playback."

"The rest of the recording was lost and neither Sentry nor Max have been seen since. In unrelated news, a pack of killer robots is rampaging through the catacombs of Aigullon and are nearing a small spaceport."

roles: tank, pusher, harasser, assassin, ohgodgetitoffitsdrainingmybodilyfluids!

base stats:
Health: 855
Speed: 13.5
Jump: flight for 4 seconds.
Boots: lower damage cutoff by 25 (400 damage in one burst)

Passive stats: explode on destruction, cannot "die" until all robots are killed, transfer control to the drone with highest health, closest to where you died if health is equal. Cannot lose more than 425 HP to a single blow. All active copies will block piercing effects, but will receive the damage.

Auto attack: Scrapnel bombs:
Range: 12
Damage: 40, 60 on manual detonation, -5 per additional robot.
Attack speed: 48, -9 per additional robot.
Lifetime: 2 seconds
AoE: 1, on impact, 4 when manually detonated.
Special: click when a bomb is out to detonate it. This click will also fire the next bomb if possible.

ability one: siphon
Type: dash, CC, heal
Duration: 4 seconds
Damage: 50 per second
Lifesteal: 200%, plus a spray of 5 50 HP health packs behind Calm.
Special: latch onto the enemy, slowing them down proportionally to your weight. Jump to detach. Can latch to summons, solar boss, and creeps.

Cool down: 10 seconds, starts when you unlatch.

Ability two: replicate
Scrap: a passive scrap meter fills as you deal damage. Once you deal 855 damage to enemies and creeps (droid damage counts for 150%) the ability becomes active.

Unfold into a 3D printer for three seconds and build a minion identical in every way to you, which follows you around in a general area. They cannot summon minions and shoot 15% slower than the player unless in a frenzy. Their damage builds scrap at a halved rate. Cap of 2 minions at a time. All healing is shared evenly between you and your minions within a radius of 3

Cooldown: none, charges will usually take a long time to build anyways. And if your team is stupid enough to bunch up and they capitalize on that, they deserve that instant summon.

alternate ability two: frenzy
Requirements to activate:
maximum amount of minions down, scrap meter at least partially full.

The scrap meter drains 8.5 metal per frenzied robot per second until there isn't enough for them all.

All minions (and you) within 3 units receive a 500 damage shield, CC immunity, and 100% increased attack speed until the scrap meter is empty.

Cool down: 22 seconds

quotes:

On drop:
"Assuming direct control."
"The calm before the storm."
On kill:
"How does it feel to be killed by grenade lobbing robot lobsters?"
"Revenge at last!" (Ted/Raelynn)
"Metal at 300% capacity." (Clunk/derpl/skree)
On death:
"Nononono NOT AGAIN!"
"AHHH- Logistics manager dot E X E has encountered a fatal error and shut down."
"I thought we were friends." (Sentry/voltar)
"I will find you. And I will kill you." (Ted/Raelynn)

On victory:
"The calm after the storm."

Taunt:
"Hey. You should crack one more joke about me being a crab, just to see what happens."
"You can't catch me."
Help command:
"Running out of salvage real quick."
Attack command:
"All for one and one for all!"
"Get him/her." (Closest enemy naut)
Defend command:
"Stand together!"
"Draw/pick a line in the dirt/sand/rocks/floor, and kill anyone who crosses that line." (Map dependent)

What'd ya think?

GUESS WHO'S BACK?! nope, I'm still dead.

Last edited by Alphanoob393 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [fan naut] Calm, the queen of carbon copied chaos
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:01 am 

No outcry over the sheer minmaxing of this character's stats? Sentry is well rounded by comparison. Or is everyone just too disgusted to touch it? :ixsad:

I'll get to work on upgrades.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:42 am 

Alphanoob393 wrote:
No outcry over the sheer minmaxing of this character's stats? Sentry is well rounded by comparison. Or is everyone just too disgusted to touch it? :ixsad:

Too confused to even analyze. I started typing something but gave up partway in.

With a big, robotic ass :chew:

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:45 am 

Ah. To put it simply it's a charge bar filled by dealing damage, when full you can summon a bot copy of yourself. When you "die" you swap to the nearest copy. Repeat until all copies are killed.

That's why she has such abysmal stats at a glance.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:07 pm 

Love the Idea of the naut but sounds like hell ahaha.

Given the stats are low it sounds playable but having the clones grouped together sounds very, hmm, boring to play? I'm not sure how to word what I'm trying to say.

-- Comparatively to Leon, he is able to leave his clones and has the ability to make them walk around etc. but with the fact that the maximum 2 copies follow your general area, it seems very ... (the word im trying to say).

It also means that up until you have at least one copy you are very weak, which could cause straight feeding from the very beggining of the game.

Sounds cool though, I always love a good summoner.