Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Character - Sumatran The illusionist (contest entry)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:32 am 

Sumatran was born on planet lepora IX, his species, the leporans are a heavily science based one and thus are technologically advanced, although this mattered not to Sumatran, for he dreamed of the simple life of an entertainer, he craved the joy of others and was fueled by their smiles, but it always blew up in his face or more often then not other peoples faces, on his first performance when he pulled a small mamalian rabbit from his hat as the humans once did on earth he was applauded gracefully, untill it hopped a few feet from him and burst into a cloud of confetti and smoke, the crowd uproared, he was forced to fend them off with his extended wand/cane a totall disaster,he begged his manager to get him 1 more gig, to prove he can do better, he managed to get in entertaining the military, in which he done terribly, they harked and sneared "your terrible, even those mercanary folk dont deserve this", but that gave him an idea, the next day he joined the awsomenauts, to entertain those who needed it most, the poor lonely mercenarys, as he "entertained" his allies by saving there life all he asked in return was some applause, which he never did recive

Name: Sumatran (WIP if you have better ideas tell me XD)

description: a rabbit in a typical magician's tux with top hat and cape, with both long ears sticking out of holes in the hat, about as tall as lone star (not including ears) (ill try get a decent picture up eventually), grey furred, green eyes,

Possible Alternate Skin: because i have no better ideas right now XD (will edit latter) picture chris angel as a rabbit XD possibly the skin would start you in agressive mode instead of support mode, to allow a full powered setup just as you could with 100% support, and the skin would be FREE

cane mode: the same but with a light team coloured glow, his wand replaced with a cane (and held differently) aswell as his cape floating a little due to the "aura"

Health: 130 (160 in agressive mode)

Move : 7 (hops on ground)

Move Skill: bunny bounce, high jump abit less then froggys

Role: support / Carry

Auto Attack: Wand / Cane
skill 1 : "a rabbit outta my hat"
skill 2 : " now you see me....."

Ok heres where things get complicated, ive seen voltar has problems maintaining high level play because of his support role, ive tried to aleviate this problem but im unsure if it would work, or if it would be to complicated to implement, or too OP but thats for you guys to decide not me

Auto Attack:

Wand, a short range (think froggys bullets, maybee a little further) low damage, knockback move

damage: 2-3
knock back on attack

Cane, a melle range swing of his cane,

damage: 15-16
Attack Speed : slow
No Knockback

upgrades:

"the power within (1/3)" swap to agressive (cane) mode ---- 150

"hidden energies" (1/3) swap back to wand mode --- 150

"shifting energies" causes you to swap between cane and wand mode upon death --- 350

"shifting tides" (wand)causes your wand to pull instead of push (cane)+9 damage--- 250

"etheral burst (1/2) " +2 damage on wand / +2 damage and .5 second silence on cane---175

"Grand Finalle" " .5 second silence on wand / adds AOE to your cane --- 215

skill 1 : "a rabbit outta my hat"

this skill summons a rabbit which hops forward twice then explodes into an AOE smoke, all foes entering it are blinded and all allies in it are hidden (like the bushes), does no damage

hop count 2,

AOE- think clunks explosion range

blind time, untill leaving smoke then 0.1 second

duration of smoke 3 sec

Cool Down 10 seconds

skill 1 : "a rabbit outta my hat" *cane*

summons a giant macho rabbit who stomps forwards twice and explodes dealing damage to all around it (half clunk explosion range)

stomp count: 2

base damage stomp: 10
base damage explosion: 25
cooldown: 10 seconds

upgrades

"smoke and mirrors (1/2)" (wand) smoke lasts 1 second longer (cane) summons an additional rabbit .5 seconds after the previous at 100% power - 230

"for all to see" (wand) increase range by 2 (cane) increase range by 2 - 250

"gun powder 1/2" (wand) adds 10 damage to the rabbit (cane) adds 25 damage to the first rabbit's explosion, 2nd rank grants 12 damage to additional rabbits explosions if you have them, otherwise another + 25 - 300

"show stopper (1/3)" (wand) adds an additional rabbit who hops 1 step further/ lesser then the last, (cane) grants a 0.66 second snare (2 seconds with all 3 rank) apon stomping foe (NOT EXPLOSION, does not stack) - 220

"non-stop-hoppin" (wand) grants an extra 3 hops, can detonate by clicking again (cane) grants an extra 2 stomps, no self detinating - 300

"chubby bunny" (1/2) (wand) adds 5 damage to the rabbit exploding, decrease hop speed by 30%, (cane) increase stomp damage by 5 - 170

teleports to the allie with the lowest hp percentage
(eg leon on 30% vs clunk on 10% even thought clunk has more hp will tele to clunk)
granting them a 50% speed boost for 2 seconds
AND a 40 hp VISABLE sheild (shown as blue hp points)

skill 2 : "now you see me....." *cane*

teleports to the allie with the highest hp percentage
grants them a 20% attack speed boost, 10% move speed boost and a 20% attack damage boost for 3 seconds

Cooldown : 15 seconds

"now you don't" (both) adds a 2 second blind in the area around where you teleport in (clunk splosion range) on all enemys - 250

"my lovely assitant (1/2)" (wand) + 20 shield health (cane) + 2 second immunity to status (stun snare ect) - 220

"houdini juice" (wand) grants 3 second invis apon teleporting in (cane) grants your allie bullet reflection for 2 seconds apon teleporting in - 270

"cynical hypnotisim" (wand) any droids around you when teleporting in stop attacking for 2 sec (cane) first strike after teleporting +20 damage (if you miss? to bad) - 200

"the show must go on" (both) decrease "now you see me" cooldown by 2 seconds - 180

"Sword cabinet (1/2)" (wand) teleporting in costs -20 hp, but heals your allie +40 hp (cane) teleporting in causes a small explosion of blades dealing AOE damage (+40) to your foes and (-20) to yourself - 240

possible lines, ect.

Taunts: "just dissapear"
"thank you, thank you, you've been a wonderful audience" (maybee)
"hop to it fools"

calling for help:"now im going to need a volunteer"
"now if my lovely assitant could please come back on stage"
"is there a doctor in the house?"

Returning to base: "thank you, thank you, you've been a wonderful audience"
"i'll be here till tuesday"
" heading down to the bar"

Notes:

ive tried to keep him as a support character that dosnt rely on "healing everything" whilst beeing able to survive alone in agressive mode, utilitys will go up latter once i get some feedback (might not have good boots, might lower base speed), his play style would be tricky to use but trickyer to combat, he is designed so you can play one mode, the other, or both via use of his upgrades so if your after pure support? you can do that, if your after pure agression? you can do that, if your after mixing things up? you can do that

i do update this thread, so yeah

some suggestions would be nice

any ideas for ability/ upgrade fixes, price fixes or a better name are most appreciated and you shall be credited, thanks and have fun ripping on this rabbit XD

These are the original character specs, they have been modified aswell as the story changed before beeing submited

Learning: Derpl/Skolldir / Vinnie & Spike

league 2 , currently pristageing, not playing online right now so may drop (dropped from league 1)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6162

Last edited by Grim_Fate56 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Character - Sumatran The illusionist
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:08 am 

Allright, firstly, let me say that i really like the idea for this character, both from the point of the backstory, and in terms of the gameplay too, since i mainly play either a support or an harrasser, so he sounds right up my alley ^-^

but anyway, i have a few questions about the abilities and upgrades:

Grim_Fate56 wrote:
"shifting tides" causes your wand to pull instead of push/ +9 damage on cane --- 250

i think this could be a bit OP with the pull in terms of keeping someone stuck at your turret, sepecially with the extra damage.

Grim_Fate56 wrote:
"smoke and mirrors (1/2)" (wand) smoke lasts 1 second longer (cane) summons an additional rabbit - 230

with the cane upgrade, would both come out at once? or if not, what is the time between? would there be any damage reduction or addition for both?

Grim_Fate56 wrote:

what would happen if two players both had the same percetage of health at the lowest?

Grim_Fate56 wrote:
"cynical hypnotisim" (wand) any droids around you when teleporting in stop attacking for 2 sec (cane) first strike after teleporting +20 damage (if you miss? to bad) - 200

does this effect both teams droids or just the enemies?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:20 am 

TheWingedSeven wrote:
Allright, firstly, let me say that i really like the idea for this character, both from the point of the backstory, and in terms of the gameplay too, since i mainly play either a support or an harrasser, so he sounds right up my alley ^-^

well thats good, glad to hear

but anyway, i have a few questions about the abilities and upgrades:

oh god your going to say nerf now arn't you? >_<

TheWingedSeven wrote:
Grim_Fate56 wrote:
"shifting tides" causes your wand to pull instead of push/ +9 damage on cane --- 250

i think this could be a bit OP with the pull in terms of keeping someone stuck at your turret, sepecially with the extra damage.

the extra damage effects cane mode only, not wand mode which is where it gets the pull,
and wand mode has little to no damage assosiated with it, everybody has an escape method of some sorts to convince him to leave them alone or leave his range (eg froggy splash or clunk explode) but duely noted

TheWingedSeven wrote:
Grim_Fate56 wrote:
"smoke and mirrors (1/2)" (wand) smoke lasts 1 second longer (cane) summons an additional rabbit - 230

with the cane upgrade, would both come out at once? or if not, what is the time between? would there be any damage reduction or addition for both?

no damage addition or reduction, (excluding the other buff if you have it), and there will be a .5 second increment, which shall edit into my priginal post

TheWingedSeven wrote:
Grim_Fate56 wrote:

what would happen if two players both had the same percetage of health at the lowest?

then whoevers base health is lower and if you ask about the cane mode, who evers base health is higher for that

TheWingedSeven wrote:
Grim_Fate56 wrote:

does this effect both teams droids or just the enemies?
just the enemies

league 2 , currently pristageing, not playing online right now so may drop (dropped from league 1)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:40 am 

Grim_Fate56 wrote:
TheWingedSeven wrote:
Grim_Fate56 wrote:

the extra damage effects cane mode only, not wand mode which is where it gets the pull,
and wand mode has little to no damage assosiated with it, everybody has an escape method of some sorts to convince him to leave them alone or leave his range (eg froggy splash or clunk explode) but duely noted

ahhhh, oh, well then tat sounds fine to me, although you might want to make the description a little more clear on that then

Grim_Fate56 wrote:
TheWingedSeven wrote:
Grim_Fate56 wrote:

no damage addition or reduction, (excluding the other buff if you have it), and there will be a .5 second increment, which shall edit into my priginal post

allright, that seems fair enough there, i was worried that there might be a damage increase with it.
Grim_Fate56 wrote:
TheWingedSeven wrote:
Grim_Fate56 wrote:

then whoevers base health is lower and if you ask about the cane mode, who evers base health is higher for that

mhhmmm, that sounds like it would work then, i think i want to see how other people think about it first though before i give an oppinion about it.

Grim_Fate56 wrote:
TheWingedSeven wrote:
Grim_Fate56 wrote:

does this effect both teams droids or just the enemies?[/color]

just the enemies

allright, i was just wondering there, since you didnt specify in the orignal post

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:35 am 

I really like the idea of a character that can teleport around to their teammates and give them temporary buffs. I'd totally play as this character.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:51 pm 

Blazier wrote:
I really like the idea of a character that can teleport around to their teammates and give them temporary buffs. I'd totally play as this character.

well thank you for the feed back, if you have any suggestions to help balance the character postem here

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:24 am 

B.U.M.P

basteredious, undermining, movement, post

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:07 am 

do u have to buy the different modes for him/her/it to switch?
Wouldnt that seem a bit tedious, and expensive should u suddenly need to counter an opponents play style?

YouTube:TheUltimateShade667 for fighting game highlights and speedrunning archives.
Twitch.tv/Shade667 for live speedruns (currently not very active)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:16 pm 

Just the same as it would be expensive to grab ability X to counter character Y, the switches are relativly cheap purchases but if you have a price modification, ild take a look at your opinion of such price change

the exception to the rule is "shifting energies" which is a bit pricyier but will mean that you dont need the other 2, the way its set up is so you can play 100% support, 100% agrssive (just pick up agressive mode as only shifting ability) or a combination of both via 2 methods (death or payment)

But yes to be anything except suppprt mode you need to purchase an ability, and to switch back is another purchase, these prices would add up so i may lower them a little

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:31 am 

Grim_Fate56 wrote:
Just the same as it would be expensive to grab ability X to counter character Y, the switches are relativly cheap purchases but if you have a price modification, ild take a look at your opinion of such price change

the exception to the rule is "shifting energies" which is a bit pricyier but will mean that you dont need the other 2, the way its set up is so you can play 100% support, 100% agrssive (just pick up agressive mode as only shifting ability) or a combination of both via 2 methods (death or payment)

But yes to be anything except suppprt mode you need to purchase an ability, and to switch back is another purchase, these prices would add up so i may lower them a little

Just sounds tedious running all the way back just to switch attacks and skills.

YouTube:TheUltimateShade667 for fighting game highlights and speedrunning archives.
Twitch.tv/Shade667 for live speedruns (currently not very active)