Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Awesomenaut Idea: Brick
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 8:23 pm
Posts: 820
Name: Brick
Health:240
Movement: Slow(7.2)
Role: Tank, Defender
Attack Type: Melee
Jump: Normal Jump(enough to reach platforms)

Background: Brick is a shape shifting alien from planet Rubble VII. Aliens on Rubble VII take on the characteristics of their environment. Brick grew up in the quarry and thus takes on the form of rocks. He has the ability to shape shift his skin to be rock hard. When Brick's home planet was blown up by an mysterious party he vowed revenge and joined the Awesomenauts to seek out his planet's destroyer.

Special Ability: Stone Stacks(Base is 1 stone stack max)
Using his Pick Axe Brick is able to build a stone stack that decreases incoming damage of next hit by 10%. Certain abilities can help to grant more storing of stacks to further decrease the damage of the next incoming attack. Entire stone stack is consumed on hit. Ie if he has 3 stacks the next hit on him will be 30% less effective but his stack number is now back to 0 making him attack again to gain more. Only successful hits build a stack no whiffing. A stack can not be generated off Turrets.

Main Attack: Pick Axe
Damage: 10
Range: 3.2
Attack Speed: Slow
Brick smashes his enemies with his pick axe.
Upgrades:
Iron Axe(1/2)-Increase damage of Pick Axe by +3
Stone Axe(1/2)-Increase Max Stone Stacks by +1 per level.
High Ho-Grants 15% more solar when Pick Axe deals the final blow to enemy
R-Axe(1/2)- Grants 10% lifesteal on hit
Mining More(1/2)- Pick Axe hits +1 more target per level
Diamond Axe-Increase Axe damage by +5

Ability 1: Shape Shift(12 sec cooldown)
Brick Shape Shifts his body into an invulnerable wall for 4s or until 100 damage is dealt. Brick is Immobile in this form and can not attack.
Upgrades:
Rock Hard Abs(1/3)-Increase shape shift time by +.66s/+15damage shield
Quench(1/2)- Decrease Cooldown on Shape Shift +1s
Dynamite Mining(1/3)- Explode upon exiting shape shift dealing +10 damage
Mason's Gift(1/2)- Increase height of Shape Shift by +1
Stacked-Upon exiting Shape Shift you receive a full stone stack
Thall Shall Not Pass- Adds knockback effect upon exiting Shape Shift

Ability 2: Rock Blast(8 sec Cooldown)
Range: Short(Melee Range)
Brick shape shifts his hand to stone and blasts rocks at his opponents dealing 25 damage to anyone in its path
Upgrades:
Iron Shards(1/3)-Increase damage by + 5
Sand Shards(1/2)- Rock Blast blinds enemies for +1s on hit
Crippling Shards(1/3)- Slows enemies by +10% slow and pushes them back.
Stone Stacks(1/2)-Using Rock Blast grants +1 stone stack. Also purchasing this ability increase max stack number by +1.
"Quick" Sand(1/3)- Decrease cooldown of Rock Blast by +1s
Diamond Shards- Increase damage by +10

If you are having a hard time picturing him think Shape Shift form looking like: Image

_________________
Main:Voltar
Alt: Ayla, Gnaw
Steam: Brutal Megaman
Awesomenauts Character Ideas:
Brick
Socket
Tox
Roboy


Last edited by Brutality on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 am, edited 7 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomenaut Idea: Brick
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:51 am 
Offline
Adminaut
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:57 pm
Posts: 12862
Location: lol
So Brick turns into a Whomp? :?

_________________
Character Hitbox Thread (Rocket added)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomenaut Idea: Brick
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 8:23 pm
Posts: 820
FishmanDerp wrote:
So Brick turns into a Whomp? :?

Yes sir.

_________________
Main:Voltar
Alt: Ayla, Gnaw
Steam: Brutal Megaman
Awesomenauts Character Ideas:
Brick
Socket
Tox
Roboy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomenaut Idea: Brick
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:30 am
Posts: 548
Brutality wrote:
Name: Brick
Health:240
Movement: Slow(7.2)
Role: Tank, Defender
Attack Type: Melee
Jump: Normal Jump

Background: Brick is a shape shifting alien from planet Rubble VII. Aliens on Rubble VII take on the characteristics of their environment. Brick grew up in the quarry and thus takes on the form of rocks. He has the ability to shape shift his skin to be rock hard. When Brick's home planet was blown up by an mysterious party he vowed revenge and joined the Awesomenauts to seek out his planets destroyer.

Special Ability: Stone Stacks
Using his Pick Axe Brick is able to build a stone stack that decreases incoming damage of next hit by 10%. Certain abilities can help to grant more storing of stacks to further decrease the damage of the next incoming attack.

Main Attack: Pick Axe
Damage: 10
Range: 3.2
Attack Speed: Slow
Brick smashes his enemies with his pick axe.
Upgrades:
Iron Axe(1/2)-Increase damage of Pick Axe by +3
Stone Axe(1/2)-Increase Max Stone Stacks by +1 per level.
High Ho-Grants 15% more solar when Pick Axe deals the final blow to enemy
R-Axe(1/2)- Grants 10% lifesteal on hit
Mining More(1/2)- Pick Axe hits +1 more target per level
Diamond Axe-Increase Axe damage by +5

Ability 1: Shape Shift
Brick Shape Shifts his body into an invulnerable wall for 4s or until 100 damage is dealt
Upgrades:
Rock Hard Abs(1/3)-Increase shape shift time by +1s/+10damage shield
Quench(1/2)- Decrease Cooldown on Shape Shift
Dynamite Mining(1/3)- Explode upon exiting shape shift dealing +10 damage
Mason's Gift(1/2)- Increase height of Shape Shift by +1
Mirror Mirror- Shapeshift form reflects bullets back dealing half damage
Thall Shall Not Pass- Adds knockback effect upon exiting Shape Shift

Ability 2: Rock Blast
Brick shape shifts his hand to stone and throws rocks at his opponents dealing 25 damage to anyone in its path
Upgrades:
Iron Shards(1/3)-Increase damage by + 5
Sand Shards(1/2)- Rock Blast Blinds enemies it hits for +1s
Crippling Shards(1/3)- Slows enemies by +10% slow
Stone Stacks(1/2)-Using Rock Blast grants +1 maximum stone stack
"Quick" Sand(1/3)- Decrease cooldown of Rock Blast by +1s
Diamond Shards- Increase damage by +10

If you are having a hard time picturing him think Shape Shift form looking like: Image



*its a thwomp


anyways the character i like overall but 3 problems

#1 special ability/passive rant #4 -_-

[s]Special Ability: Stone Stacks
Using his Pick Axe Brick is able to build a stone stack that decreases incoming damage of next hit by 10%. Certain abilities can help to grant more storing of stacks to further decrease the damage of the next incoming attack.[/s]

#2 he's a huge fat rock monster why does he have a normal jump?

#3 4s of invulnrability? (it sais invulnrable) thats just overkill, maybee reduce damage during that time not make him invunrable like 30% damage taken (so -70%) ESPECUALLY seeing you can up to to 7 seconds, actually

it could start at 40% protection, then gain 10% more per rank so 70% reduction at 7 seconds when maxed out


[EDIT] : also this site needs the "slashed out writing" BBcode

_________________
Main: Leon /Froggy/ Vinnie & Spike

Learning: Derpl/Skolldir / Vinnie & Spike

league 2 , currently pristageing, not playing online right now so may drop (dropped from league 1)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6162


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomenaut Idea: Brick
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 8:23 pm
Posts: 820
Grim_Fate56 wrote:
Brutality wrote:
Name: Brick
Health:240
Movement: Slow(7.2)
Role: Tank, Defender
Attack Type: Melee
Jump: Normal Jump

Background: Brick is a shape shifting alien from planet Rubble VII. Aliens on Rubble VII take on the characteristics of their environment. Brick grew up in the quarry and thus takes on the form of rocks. He has the ability to shape shift his skin to be rock hard. When Brick's home planet was blown up by an mysterious party he vowed revenge and joined the Awesomenauts to seek out his planets destroyer.

Special Ability: Stone Stacks
Using his Pick Axe Brick is able to build a stone stack that decreases incoming damage of next hit by 10%. Certain abilities can help to grant more storing of stacks to further decrease the damage of the next incoming attack.

Main Attack: Pick Axe
Damage: 10
Range: 3.2
Attack Speed: Slow
Brick smashes his enemies with his pick axe.
Upgrades:
Iron Axe(1/2)-Increase damage of Pick Axe by +3
Stone Axe(1/2)-Increase Max Stone Stacks by +1 per level.
High Ho-Grants 15% more solar when Pick Axe deals the final blow to enemy
R-Axe(1/2)- Grants 10% lifesteal on hit
Mining More(1/2)- Pick Axe hits +1 more target per level
Diamond Axe-Increase Axe damage by +5

Ability 1: Shape Shift
Brick Shape Shifts his body into an invulnerable wall for 4s or until 100 damage is dealt
Upgrades:
Rock Hard Abs(1/3)-Increase shape shift time by +1s/+10damage shield
Quench(1/2)- Decrease Cooldown on Shape Shift
Dynamite Mining(1/3)- Explode upon exiting shape shift dealing +10 damage
Mason's Gift(1/2)- Increase height of Shape Shift by +1
Mirror Mirror- Shapeshift form reflects bullets back dealing half damage
Thall Shall Not Pass- Adds knockback effect upon exiting Shape Shift

Ability 2: Rock Blast
Brick shape shifts his hand to stone and throws rocks at his opponents dealing 25 damage to anyone in its path
Upgrades:
Iron Shards(1/3)-Increase damage by + 5
Sand Shards(1/2)- Rock Blast Blinds enemies it hits for +1s
Crippling Shards(1/3)- Slows enemies by +10% slow
Stone Stacks(1/2)-Using Rock Blast grants +1 maximum stone stack
"Quick" Sand(1/3)- Decrease cooldown of Rock Blast by +1s
Diamond Shards- Increase damage by +10

If you are having a hard time picturing him think Shape Shift form looking like: Image



*its a thwomp


anyways the character i like overall but 3 problems

#1 special ability/passive rant #4 -_-

[s]Special Ability: Stone Stacks
Using his Pick Axe Brick is able to build a stone stack that decreases incoming damage of next hit by 10%. Certain abilities can help to grant more storing of stacks to further decrease the damage of the next incoming attack.[/s]

#2 he's a huge fat rock monster why does he have a normal jump?

#3 4s of invulnrability? (it sais invulnrable) thats just overkill, maybee reduce damage during that time not make him invunrable like 30% damage taken (so -70%) ESPECUALLY seeing you can up to to 7 seconds, actually

it could start at 40% protection, then gain 10% more per rank so 70% reduction at 7 seconds when maxed out


[EDIT] : also this site needs the "slashed out writing" BBcode

Its Invunlerability because he can not attack or moving during that time. He is simply a stationary wall that blocks the way so droids/nauts can't pass. Helps with his Defender Role. And his Jump is normal because he is a huge fat rock monster. They aren't known for their jumping skills lol.

_________________
Main:Voltar
Alt: Ayla, Gnaw
Steam: Brutal Megaman
Awesomenauts Character Ideas:
Brick
Socket
Tox
Roboy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomenaut Idea: Brick
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:30 am
Posts: 548
Brutality wrote:
Grim_Fate56 wrote:
Brutality wrote:
Name: Brick
Health:240
Movement: Slow(7.2)
Role: Tank, Defender
Attack Type: Melee
Jump: Normal Jump

Background: Brick is a shape shifting alien from planet Rubble VII. Aliens on Rubble VII take on the characteristics of their environment. Brick grew up in the quarry and thus takes on the form of rocks. He has the ability to shape shift his skin to be rock hard. When Brick's home planet was blown up by an mysterious party he vowed revenge and joined the Awesomenauts to seek out his planets destroyer.

Special Ability: Stone Stacks
Using his Pick Axe Brick is able to build a stone stack that decreases incoming damage of next hit by 10%. Certain abilities can help to grant more storing of stacks to further decrease the damage of the next incoming attack.

Main Attack: Pick Axe
Damage: 10
Range: 3.2
Attack Speed: Slow
Brick smashes his enemies with his pick axe.
Upgrades:
Iron Axe(1/2)-Increase damage of Pick Axe by +3
Stone Axe(1/2)-Increase Max Stone Stacks by +1 per level.
High Ho-Grants 15% more solar when Pick Axe deals the final blow to enemy
R-Axe(1/2)- Grants 10% lifesteal on hit
Mining More(1/2)- Pick Axe hits +1 more target per level
Diamond Axe-Increase Axe damage by +5

Ability 1: Shape Shift
Brick Shape Shifts his body into an invulnerable wall for 4s or until 100 damage is dealt
Upgrades:
Rock Hard Abs(1/3)-Increase shape shift time by +1s/+10damage shield
Quench(1/2)- Decrease Cooldown on Shape Shift
Dynamite Mining(1/3)- Explode upon exiting shape shift dealing +10 damage
Mason's Gift(1/2)- Increase height of Shape Shift by +1
Mirror Mirror- Shapeshift form reflects bullets back dealing half damage
Thall Shall Not Pass- Adds knockback effect upon exiting Shape Shift

Ability 2: Rock Blast
Brick shape shifts his hand to stone and throws rocks at his opponents dealing 25 damage to anyone in its path
Upgrades:
Iron Shards(1/3)-Increase damage by + 5
Sand Shards(1/2)- Rock Blast Blinds enemies it hits for +1s
Crippling Shards(1/3)- Slows enemies by +10% slow
Stone Stacks(1/2)-Using Rock Blast grants +1 maximum stone stack
"Quick" Sand(1/3)- Decrease cooldown of Rock Blast by +1s
Diamond Shards- Increase damage by +10

If you are having a hard time picturing him think Shape Shift form looking like: Image



*its a thwomp


anyways the character i like overall but 3 problems

#1 special ability/passive rant #4 -_-

[s]Special Ability: Stone Stacks
Using his Pick Axe Brick is able to build a stone stack that decreases incoming damage of next hit by 10%. Certain abilities can help to grant more storing of stacks to further decrease the damage of the next incoming attack.[/s]

#2 he's a huge fat rock monster why does he have a normal jump?

#3 4s of invulnrability? (it sais invulnrable) thats just overkill, maybee reduce damage during that time not make him invunrable like 30% damage taken (so -70%) ESPECUALLY seeing you can up to to 7 seconds, actually

it could start at 40% protection, then gain 10% more per rank so 70% reduction at 7 seconds when maxed out


[EDIT] : also this site needs the "slashed out writing" BBcode

Its Invunlerability because he can not attack or moving during that time. He is simply a stationary wall that blocks the way so droids/nauts can't pass. Helps with his Defender Role. And his Jump is normal because he is a huge fat rock monster. They aren't known for their jumping skills lol.



NORMAL is to much -_- thats what i was saying "they arnt known for their jumping skills"

and you can get upgrades to deal damage :P thus invicibility is a bit OP especually 7 seconds of it fully upgraded

_________________
Main: Leon /Froggy/ Vinnie & Spike

Learning: Derpl/Skolldir / Vinnie & Spike

league 2 , currently pristageing, not playing online right now so may drop (dropped from league 1)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6162


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomenaut Idea: Brick
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 8:23 pm
Posts: 820
Grim_Fate56 wrote:


NORMAL is to much -_- thats what i was saying "they arnt known for their jumping skills"

and you can get upgrades to deal damage :P thus invicibility is a bit OP especually 7 seconds of it fully upgraded

Yeah but he can't move so he activates it even at low health and the enemy can just wait till he comes out and finish him off. Not very OP actually, and it is balanced by a long cooldown as well. I mean he has to be able to reach all the platforms so he needs to at least jump high enough to reach them. Also I changed the description on the Stone Stacks I don't think it was clear enough that they disappear when you are hit and need to be reapplied.

Plus he is a Tank/Defend. The attack speed on Axe Pick is also slow similar to clunks attack speed on rockets so his damage output is not very high.

_________________
Main:Voltar
Alt: Ayla, Gnaw
Steam: Brutal Megaman
Awesomenauts Character Ideas:
Brick
Socket
Tox
Roboy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomenaut Idea: Brick
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:30 am
Posts: 548
Brutality wrote:
Grim_Fate56 wrote:


NORMAL is to much -_- thats what i was saying "they arnt known for their jumping skills"

and you can get upgrades to deal damage :P thus invicibility is a bit OP especually 7 seconds of it fully upgraded

Yeah but he can't move so he activates it even at low health and the enemy can just wait till he comes out and finish him off. Not very OP actually, and it is balanced by a long cooldown as well. I mean he has to be able to reach all the platforms so he needs to at least jump high enough to reach them. Also I changed the description on the Stone Stacks I don't think it was clear enough that they disappear when you are hit and need to be reapplied.

Plus he is a Tank/Defend. The attack speed on Axe Pick is also slow similar to clunks attack speed on rockets so his damage output is not very high.



i still stand by "passives = BAD" due to beeing an unfair advantage over all other non passive characters (which is all of them -_-)


also, yes you can wait him off 7 seconds, while he screams to his team mates XD

im all for defence, but immortality is to much

_________________
Main: Leon /Froggy/ Vinnie & Spike

Learning: Derpl/Skolldir / Vinnie & Spike

league 2 , currently pristageing, not playing online right now so may drop (dropped from league 1)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6162


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomenaut Idea: Brick
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 8:23 pm
Posts: 820
Grim_Fate56 wrote:
Brutality wrote:
Grim_Fate56 wrote:


NORMAL is to much -_- thats what i was saying "they arnt known for their jumping skills"

and you can get upgrades to deal damage :P thus invicibility is a bit OP especually 7 seconds of it fully upgraded

Yeah but he can't move so he activates it even at low health and the enemy can just wait till he comes out and finish him off. Not very OP actually, and it is balanced by a long cooldown as well. I mean he has to be able to reach all the platforms so he needs to at least jump high enough to reach them. Also I changed the description on the Stone Stacks I don't think it was clear enough that they disappear when you are hit and need to be reapplied.

Plus he is a Tank/Defend. The attack speed on Axe Pick is also slow similar to clunks attack speed on rockets so his damage output is not very high.



i still stand by "passives = BAD" due to beeing an unfair advantage over all other non passive characters (which is all of them -_-)


also, yes you can wait him off 7 seconds, while he screams to his team mates XD

im all for defence, but immortality is to much

HE IS A TANK/DEFEND without lifesteal and health increase like Clunk what else would make him a TANK?! Thats where his passive comes in. Also if you read the passive only starts off mitigating a max 10% damage which can only be buffed by purchasing certain skills so without purchasing anything he only gets a 10% damage reduction against him and that is only when he attacks successfully. It is almost perfectly balanced. He can only max out at 50% damage reduction on a single hit and even then he would have to get 5 successfull hits with the axe AND not be hit to stack 50% reduction. Not as op as you make it out to be. Also, time and length immunity can be played with to balance. Having and ability that does no damage unupgrade and immobolizes him would not be a skill worth using thats why he gets complete invulnerability.

Edit: Change Rock Blast Description to clearly state short range aoe blast. Also made it more clear that base stone stack is 1 max.

_________________
Main:Voltar
Alt: Ayla, Gnaw
Steam: Brutal Megaman
Awesomenauts Character Ideas:
Brick
Socket
Tox
Roboy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomenaut Idea: Brick
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 8:23 pm
Posts: 820
Oh forgot to mention. You did notice that he can be knocked out of Shapeshift if 100/110/120/130 damage is dealt to him so a well coordinated team can take him out of it pretty quickly.

_________________
Main:Voltar
Alt: Ayla, Gnaw
Steam: Brutal Megaman
Awesomenauts Character Ideas:
Brick
Socket
Tox
Roboy


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next