Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Cursor bug when starting game while program is minimized
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:11 am 

If Awesomenauts.exe is minimized (on Windows 7 at least) while you are in the waiting room for a game, and the game begins while the program is still minimized, the cursor becomes fixed to the center of the screen and unresponsive. Moving the mouse only budges the cursor slightly before it returns to the center. Obviously in this state, it is impossible to play the game. The only fix I've found is to force quit the game.

Games are taking long enough to start these days that I often browse the web while in the lobby (using chrome because steam browser is terrible), but this is risky because if I browse too long the game will start, the cursor will break, and I'll just have to force quit. It's very annoying.

main: :think:
second: :clap:
occasionally also play: :worship: :sleep: :scoop: :GnawShock: :rocco: :thumb:

Post subject: Re: Cursor bug when starting game while program is minimized
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:34 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I play on win7 myself and I havent encountered this issue yet. Could you specify the following for me?
- are you playing full screen, windowed or borderless windowed mode? Do you have multiple screens hooked up?
- What are the rest of your settings in the awesomenauts launcher?
- have you tried alt-tabbing when this issue occurs? If not, could you try it out for me? Did this fix your issue?

If you could get back to me we'll see if we can help you any further. I don't really think it'll help but you could give verifying the files a shot, see if maybe something ended up being corrupted which is causing your issue.
Joost wrote:
The files might have been broken by Steam while downloading. So the first thing to do when there are problems is always to let Steam check the files. To do so, right click the game in the Steam menu, choose Properties, go to the Local files tab and click Verify integrity of Steam cache. It is okay if the game says it needed to redownload 1 file.

Post subject: Re: Cursor bug when starting game while program is minimized
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:37 pm 

:facepalm: alt-tabbing did the trick. I really need to learn my windows shortcuts

main: :think:
second: :clap:
occasionally also play: :worship: :sleep: :scoop: :GnawShock: :rocco: :thumb: