Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Post subject: Maximum jump-height reduced [firmware] SOLVED
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:03 pm 

Apparently, after installing a new monitor and graphics card, things have become interesting.

Currently I'm having a severe issue of not being able to jump fully, that is, making a full-height jump with any character. An example where this is a distinct issue is on Aiguillon with Skolldir. Attempting to make a double-jump to the top hide area no longer works; I can't reach the upper platform. This was possible before. This along with way higher difficulty of dodging and juking due to jump-height restriction.

This severely gimps my gameplay and I've yet to find a way to fix this. The things I've done so far:
- Re-installed the game
- Used OpenGL instead of DirectX
- Updated my keyboard drivers to the latest version
- Re-mapped my jump key to other keys
- Disabled 144hz mode on my monitor

After all these attempts, it still doesn't work. The strange part is I didn't experience any of these issues before changing monitor and graphics card.

I predict the issue lays in my graphics card for some reason, since changing a monitor can't affect the way your keyboard gives actions I assume.

I'm currently using an 'Nvidia GTX 1060'. My new monitor is called 'AOC G2460PF'.

Thank you!

Last edited by Firren on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Maximum jump-height reduced [firmware]
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:46 pm 

It appears that Awesomenauts internally ties gameplay logic to rendering (one rendered frame corresponds exactly to one game tick), resulting in framerate-dependent inconsistencies such as the one described in the following thread: viewtopic.php?t=48850

This might be the issue you're experiencing.

Does toggling VSync (in addition to reducing the refresh rate of your monitor) make a difference?

Post subject: Re: Maximum jump-height reduced [firmware]
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:08 pm 

After comparing my jump-height with my dear friend I realized my jump-height is normal. I changed my refresh rate and compared my jump-height with a friend and it seems perfectly fine. Both of us couldn't make that Aig jump so it seems like there's no issue there. We did a lot of testing with single and double-jumps as well.

The jump I'm mentioning here is this one: http://prnt.sc/etq9kg
Previously I was able to do this jump, but maybe I had a bug that caused my jump-height to be higher than average? I seriously don't even know anymore.

Thanks for the help Marukyu however! Very appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Maximum jump-height reduced [firmware] SOLVED
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:53 pm 

ill chime in and say ive noticed on aig where i sometimes can reach a spot sometimes cant. for me it was swiggins jumping to the hidey area in front of the bottom front turrets.

Post subject: Re: Maximum jump-height reduced [firmware] SOLVED
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:52 am 

Please lock thread and remove bot, whomever reads this.

Thanks

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.