Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Seemingly unsolvable connection issues
 Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:23 am 

I got a new router and modem around the time that update 4.0 came out, so my issues could be related to either of those changes. Ever since update 4.0/getting a new router, I have had consistent connection issues when playing Awesomenauts. As of now, when I am in a game it is regular for me to start freezing every few seconds whenever any other players get within about one screen of me. I also semi-frequently and randomly freeze for a few moments in every game. This obviously creates a very bad game experience. I have researched these issues and tried everything mentioned in this topic: https://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/view ... =13&t=2521 (I even enabled the massive port forwarding range, however even that did not help with my connection issues). If anyone could help me with these issues I would appreciate it. I have an MSI computer running Windows 7 and I use an Xfinity router and modem.

Post subject: Re: Seemingly unsolvable connection issues
 Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:25 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
The fact you're still on Windows 7 strikes me as an issue.

Try upgrading to Windows 10 and seeing if that (at least partially) resolves the issue. If not, retroactively have kept a system image and revert back.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:29 am 

Windows 7 shouldn't be an issue at all. I stream the game on it.

A bad modem/router, though...

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:03 am 

What are those freezings look like? Game freezes completely or it is only your character showing "reconnecting" icon?

If option #2, then:
Bad router/modem. Or bad firmware (try to find a better one, e.g. DD-WRT)
Or bad internet provider. You can ask them about the p2p connection issues.
Or stop downloading pron when playing or set up QoS (if your router supports it).

If option #1, then:
You mentioned MSI computer... A laptop? With integrated Intel GMA? This might be an issue.
Have you checked for worms? Do you have enough resource to run the game? (it's a 2d game but it still "eats" a lot of memory and CPU)