Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Any Genji builds you guys would mind sharing?
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:38 pm 

Do you guys have any Genji builds you could show me? I'm having a lot of trouble building him right, and I'm having a lot of trouble in the lategame, the time when Genji is supposed to be very strong. Could you guys share a few builds to help me out? Thanks!
i'm not very good at Genji yet, tips on how to play him would be very much appreciated

Post subject: Re: Any Genji builds you guys would mind sharing?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:24 am 

League 2 genji here. There might be better ways to build him, but I usually start by upgrading Storm Drum x 2, Attack speed x 2 and Jagra Eggs x 2 in that order. This make you really annoying to fight against.
After that it really depends what kind of team you're up against.

If enemy team sticks together like glue - take Prefab Cocoons. Misfortune cookies if you have big health nauts against you. Slow for the slippery nauts.
Moon nectar is also good if you need healing.
You really have a lot of options with Cocoon upgrades so take what suits you in your current fight.

After that it's time for Monarch Blessing. I always go for Getting out da hood and Cat pillar first.

As for the last upgrade in AA row, I go for either damage or healing. The healing is really good coupled with attack speed. If you have a clunk on your team, he will love you for it.

Again, Genji is very versatile so you have a lot of options at any given time. Try to evaluate what your team needs and go from there.

Post subject: Re: Any Genji builds you guys would mind sharing?
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:58 am 

https://orikaru.net/nautsbuilder#GenjithePollenProphet/1202020101200112200101201001/15-19-24-3-3-16-16-9-15-13-5-5-22-22-10-10-1-1-27
Dont laugh at dot AA i like it :(...

Almost always spend all or most starting solar on AA upgrades. Start being more conscious of the return shot as it can be useful for kiting or for stacking a few flying towards you when using a jumppad for help in assaulting enemies above you.

As python said about cocoon, slow for fast squishies especially and misfortune for big guys stacking hp. Jagra is mandatory, and i default to that + prefab + slow. If you use prefab the instant detonate trick often comes in handy (cocoon an enemy that is partially inside one of their turrets or base.

An enemy chasing you downwards through platforms can easily be made to fall right into cocoon especially in smaller areas where cocoon can easily bounce back off a wall.

Once you get a good feel for cocoons arc you can lob it in ways that maximize the time it spends at a position in the air. Good for intercepting enemies taking jumpads or enemies about to gank you from above.

Although putting cocoon on cooldown should be avoided, if you do use it on droids for healing try to time it so that jagra will kill them and not keep them around in cocoon

For shield, speed up is still great and heal a solid generic choice. Ive been using the ally powerup myself. Bronco yeast is amazing versus time rift and nibbs fire or anything that relies on lots of consecutive small damage hits. Dunno +shields current state but was always solid for high burst opponents and for teamfights in more organized teams.

Good to develop intuitive memory of shields range as many many fleeing allies have been saved by casting shield on them thru the ground