Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: How 2 counter deadlift?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:14 am 

I find the strong cow to be very frustrating to deal with. Is there really anything to do against a competent Deadlift besides kite him with chip damage? If he's smart with his shield, he can nullify any amount of burst or cc. I mean obviously it's especially rough as a Sentry main since he makes BHS almost completely useless, but it seems to be a general sentiment among people I play with that he's really hard to fight. The only strong counters I can think of would be like ksenia and leon since they can silence out of invis and catch him without a shield

main: :think:
second: :clap:
occasionally also play: :worship: :sleep: :scoop: :GnawShock: :rocco: :thumb:

Post subject: Re: How 2 counter deadlift?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:49 am 

Good question. He's not really a character who's designed with any obvious weaknesses, in terms of how to secure a kill on him. :shrug:

The main advantage burst has over DPS is that it's instant and can be stacked with other instant damage, but DPS (as the name implies) is more consistent, so I would think his counter would be actually be solid DPS, like Froggy, Nibbs, or even a good, consistent auto attack. Ayla's Rage, maybe? Something to wear down his shield without blowing any long cooldowns. Deadlift counters Nauts with big, single burst moves the hardest. :chew: :drool:

So, I would say hard, consistent damage. But maybe that's just a L3 scrub theorycrafting. :derp:

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:06 am 

If playing with friends: bait the shield with burst, then wear down and kill. Or do a combo using silence first.
In solo: wear him down until he runs away and continue doing other stuff.
You have to count his shield CD. Basically deadlift is a typical “immortal” character that you have to wait for his mistakes to punish him. Like Frog or Dizzy or Rocket. Let him initiate, then fight back.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:11 am 

Save burst for after he shields and / or try to take down his shield with heavy chip abilities. (Rae Rift, Nibbs Fire, etc.)

Other than that do your best to avoid his fairly slow punches and make sure he can't bodyslam wherever he pleases. Lunge is his biggest asset as both an initiation and an escape tool and his honestly far more dangerous than his shield.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep:
:LeonWink: Naut
Not a :glasses: :table: :rae:

Mafia stats.