Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: The Awesomenauts guides
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:16 am 

I've already presented the tool for making build guides here but I think it's better to create separate topic for it.
The tool allows you to create builds by simply choosing an 'Naut and selecting set of skill upgrades. Anybody is free to submit a guide. Ratings system provides a natural way to choose the best guides for each 'Naut. Using effects calculator you can see what skill improvement you'll get when you'll get full build.
As of last update the tool reflects Patch 1.13 changes.
The tool is now under theawesomeguides.com and thanks to my old partner is now under reliable server.
P.S.: All graphics and information used to create that tool were taken from official AwesomeNaut Wiki. This is not commercial product but the tool I develop during my free time mostly for myself.

Post subject: Re: The Awesomenauts guides
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:31 pm 

Hey it's been a while since my last visit here. I was really excited when I saw that people actually using this service for submitting their guides.
As of the latest service upgrade AwesomeNauts Patch 1.20 changes were applied, a new Naut – Admiral Swiggins were added, some pages were improved.
The ratings system is updated so now you are able not just vote for the guide but also against it. Also I've realized the guides list wasn't too informative so it was changed dramatically.
In case you have any suggestions feel free to comment in this thread or use a feedback page on theawesomeguides.com. And I would really appreciate if you submit some your guides for Admiral Swiggins.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:20 pm 

The service is growing and I'm happy to present guides sharing option! It would be especially interesting to forum members since there's an option to export the guide so it will be naturally presented in Awesomenauts forum. You can create a guide on theawesomeguides.com, review the effects you get for that full build, put some guidelines, submit and share it here. Here's an example:
You can play with Ayla-(Clunk or Derpl Zork).You need
to heal Clunk (defense,tank) or Derpl Zork (offense,defense).Ayla
(offense) comeback to you for heal (it s not a problem)Team: the team
“2)” is the Best.(i thinx^^)
  1. Voltar-Ayla-Clunk (beter for kill players)
  2. Voltar-Ayla-Derpl Zork (better for turrets)
  1. Solar tree-healbot
  2. health pact surprisecortex tank-power pills turbo,1 point
  3. hydrolic sugar dispenser,2 points
  4. space air max-power pills turbo,1 point
  5. psychokinetic repulsion-suicide drone
  6. hyper drive,2 points-drone army
  7. power pills turbo,the last-psychothrust,1 point
  8. weapon clip_one,3 points
  9. twisted nightmares,psychothrust,the last
It’s the best healer who can creat,cause other powers of”Healbot”are to slow.The real heal,it’s heal pact surprise.”Cortex
Tank” for protect your turrets,destroye ennemie’s turrets and protect
your allies of robots (no “turret ad on”,it’s a bad spell cause the
dommage suck for me and it’s expensive) .I choose drones who attack,its
better for kill robots and  it’s always on me;i don’t need wait the
spell for use it(no cooldonw^^).Space air max, it’s a protection in this
build:if you have a problem you can run (for the leave the place) and
use on players “Psychokinetic”.(You can choose heal if you want for
healing wave).
Original build on theawesomeguides.com

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:39 pm 

There's now an option to add a reference to Awesomenauts database in guide description. This is how it looks like http://theawesomeguides.com/guide/my-chunk/

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:22 pm 

I've tried various things and it looks like there are several things broken with your loadout:
  • If an upgrade has several stages, you apply all stages to the effects but only for costs of one stage.
  • The javascript part is somewhat broken in Opera in such a way that all icons are always selected.
  • Some upgrades do not change the effects correctly like Ayla's Angry Drawings and Toothbrush Shank
  • It seems that some upgrades are not correct. E.g. Froggy's Ice Cubes and Mutant Worms: Ninja Edition, Swiggins' Magnetic Anchor and probably more...

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:15 pm 

As for effects it's a lot of work to keep those things in sync. I currently do that manually by myself but want to give an option to the community to change skills & upgrades effects. Will take a look at ones you've mentioned asap.
Thanks for your contribution I appreciate that.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:36 pm 

Yeah, I know. I've been doing the recent updates on the Nautsbuilder. Just wanted to help you by pointing out the problems I've found. :monkey:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:54 pm 

Hey, most of issues are fixed by now. As for Opera issue the site works just fine for me. I've tested in a fresh Opera installation. It may be that you still use pre-WebKit Opera (aka Presto)?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:34 pm 

DoG>>>TN

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:55 am 

Hey, folks. I've completely remade website from scratch. If you're curious why there's an article describing problems I had with the old one.

In a new version I've decided to get rid of build effects since it's very hard to maintain it and also there's a great tool already available which doed the job better.

I've moved all old guides to the new website along with registered users but you'll have to re-claim an authorship. To do that just restore your password using the same E-mail address you had used for registration on the old website. If that won't work, PM me here and I'll sort this out manually.

As always, I'm open to suggestions.
And you're welcomed to post your guides using theawesomeguides.com convenient tools.